How if there would be a server with police cars?

DavidSaguna

Ever wonder how it would be if there would exist a server that allows players to use police cars? Well... I'm hoping staff will do something like this. Just one server, as we want to know HOW IT FEELS! Say your impression about it in comments and if you want, let's boost this till an admin will see! (The server should be with no collision because it would be chaos!) :D

No collisions, no rules, obviously no admin permissions for players... What would be the point in driving a police car like that? I don't get it, honestly. If you want to feel what it's like to drive a police car and go full speed with your sirens on, you can do that in single player, pretty sure that there are workshop mods that allow players to drive police cars.

To be fair, I don't support having a server with police cars that is open to all players on a long-term basis as for one, there are not many benefits of having a police car available for players long-term and two, this would encourage players to impersonate staff on other servers in-game. I would only support such a server where it is happening as rarely as possible, only for a short period of time and where it is a special situation (as seen in TMP5). 

IIRC, it was on the 5th anniversary day of TruckersMP that the TruckersMP team allowed all active players to drive the Scout police car for a day on a free roam server without enforced rules.

Read on here:

TruckersMP 5 Year Anniversary

So the likeliness that your idea will be permanently put into practice is zero to none.

Here is my take on this. 

- Keep the police cars FOR ADMINS AND HIGH RANKS ONLY!! 

- There already is a non collision server. 

- If you want to know what it’s like, instead of asking for a whole server where you can drive a police car! Just go to suggestions and ask for an event almost like TMP5 and call it consumer appreciation. 

I do not support civilian available police cars unless it’s a special event. Cheers

As said above giving the public free use of police cars isn't a good idea as it opens the door to admin impersonation however a server similar to real ops even if just for a weekend event where admin pull you over for routine checks/speed traps to add a roleplay element and increase interaction between players and moderators could be a nice touch.

+1

I personally find it unnecessary, but as you said, other players want to drive a police car.
I personally would open an Arcarde server and a simulation server.

However, if you absolutely want to drive a police car, you can also download a mod in the Steam workshop.

I myself use this because cars that were created in multiplayer are not deleted when you go into the single player because it is the same mod.

And i will give you a tip.

Make a suggestion

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/forum/552-new-suggestions/

Have a nice day.

Chrizzle

This thing of giving the players a police car, happened a while ago, on the anniversary of TMP in which a special server was made and all they could drive a patrol, but it was for a limited time in addition to having special rules and other things like that so that "abuses" of the patrol do not occur in itself. In addition, it is dangerous to give powers to people who have not received training, if disasters occur with the "pilot" imagine things if they make use free of a patrol, and without admins of ADMIN, a total disaster.

21 hours ago, David_Romanul said:

Ever wonder how it would be if there would exist a server that allows players to use police cars? Well... I'm hoping staff will do something like this. Just one server, as we want to know HOW IT FEELS! Say your impression about it in comments and if you want, let's boost this till an admin will see! (The server should be with no collision because it would be chaos!) :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello .  Such a server will be available from 4 to 15 May.  To celebrate the 6th anniversary of TruckersMP.  I wish you a good game.  Greetings !

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @David_Romanul,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived