ETS 2 Speed Limiter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!!!!

There are thousands of threads on what to do with the speed limit, and the truth is that it will not be modified, TruckersMP, is focusing on the simulation, many players daily, weekly, monthly, annually, enter the servers to drive a truck, do routes with friends, laugh and pass the time. not to run a race.

unfortunately there are players who do not know how to drive and are also not experts in driving and want the speed limit to be raised so they can dream of playing need for speed.

110 km / h is a perfect speed, trucks have to go at 90 km / h, if you want to go fast you can go at 110 km / h and now, problem solved.

To go crazy you have Asseto corsa (among other racing vehicle simulators).

On 4/10/2020 at 12:14 AM, McclaudEagle said:

Probably because a thread like this pops up seemingly on a weekly basis and it's getting pointless; seriously, how many more of these discussions are we going to keep having before people stop constantly posting these things?

The speed limit is perfectly fine as it is. If people don't like it, there are plenty of other more suitable games for speeding around in.

I agree with you! The name of the game already says "Euro Truck SIMULATOR" and not Formula Truck. If the person wants to run beyond what is allowed, as mentioned in other comments, go to the Arcade server, SinglePlayer mode or switch game!

110km/h is fine. It is still controllable if you need to take any avoiding actions.

You also have to factor in users that are doing WoT loads, which are automatically limited to 90. Right now, with a 110 limit, that is a 20km/h difference. With that, you can see another user and have a reasonable amount of time to adjust which lane you should be in, or slow down without causing much issues.

Now, if we move the speed limit up to 150, that is now a 60km difference. This is now triple the difference, and gives you 1/3 of the time to react to any issues or situations that are occurring.

From current speed limit, to 150, would be a 40km/h difference, which gives you 25% less time to react to any situations that are occurring.

As an admin, and having seen 150 in the past, this is not going to change in the near future. It was proven that having 110 as the limit is a reasonable speed to get between destinations, and it has lowered the amount of speed related issues from other truckers. Unfortunately, people can not be trusted with a 150 limit, as it has caused way too many issues in the past.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

I don't like the speedlimit. The arcade server is just useless if there is no collisions. Like accidents happen. 

If they want a speedlimit. Put a speed limit in high congested areas. Not everywhere on the map. I think they should just go back to Europe 1 and Europe 2. More people were on Europe #2 anyway.

Europe 1 - Simulation, speedlimit

Europe 2 - No Speed limit (Or when it was capped at 93mph) + collisions. 

In addition to what @Xiolin stated, also the emergency stopping distance extends one and a half times.

The emergency stopping distance  is calculated by the normal stopping distance devided by the emergency stopping factor plus the reaction time.

Example 150 km/h:
(150 km/h /10) x (150 km/h / 10) (=normal stopping distance) / 2 (= emergency stopping) + (150 km/h / 10 x 3) (=reaction time) =

15 x 15 / 2 + 45 = 157.5 meters stopping distance.

Example 90 km/h:
(90 km/h /10) x (90 km/h / 10) (=normal stopping distance) / 2 (= emergency stopping) + (90 km/h / 10 x 3) (=reaction time) =

9 x 9 / 2 + 27 = 108 meters stopping distance.

Drive safely!

Hi, its good that you share your opinion and your idea. Well in my opinion it won't be effective. Since TMP now focuses on "road to simulation" and in the other hand the current speed limit is supposed to decrease and to prevent accidents in the servers from the very first time before it gets worse and before more possible accidents happen ?

• 2 weeks later...

Simply a bad idea. There are way too many trolls in the game to remove the speed limit. There are already trolls chasing drivers and ramming into them, imagine if someone wants to get away from the troll while doing 90~100 kph, they will never be able to. The trolls take away the fun for me, and without the speed limit, I feel like it would get even worse. ?

gsSGXpp.jpg

Hey, 
I think they should remove the speed limit in certain places like on the highway and let the speed limit in the city.

A lot of people are crashing while overtaking, just because they get stuck at 110km/h.
If they would remove the speed limit drivers would not crash that often because they dont get stuck at 110km/h and overtake faster.

47 minutes ago, [Demir] "DΞИIZLILI" said:

Hey, 
I think they should remove the speed limit in certain places like on the highway and let the speed limit in the city.

A lot of people are crashing while overtaking, just because they get stuck at 110km/h.
If they would remove the speed limit drivers would not crash that often because they dont get stuck at 110km/h and overtake faster.

Hey,

I think that would just shift the problem. In my opinion more people would crash then, because they can't control their truck/car anymore at highspeed, especially in curves. I'm definitly fine with 110 km/h and if I see that I can't overtake, because the other driver is driving 110 km/h aswell, then I don't even try to overtake or stop trying it and slow down.

Best Regards

HXDES

《⠀⠀Welcome to the post of HXDES⠀⠀》

???? ???? ?? ????? ? ???????

—————————————————

╱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Steam⠀⠀ //⠀⠀ FoxLog-Group⠀⠀ //⠀⠀ Discord   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╲

1 hour ago, HXDES said:

Hey,

I think that would just shift the problem. In my opinion more people would crash then, because they can't control their truck/car anymore at highspeed, especially in curves. I'm definitly fine with 110 km/h and if I see that I can't overtake, because the other driver is driving 110 km/h aswell, then I don't even try to overtake or stop trying it and slow down.

Best Regards

HXDES

Your right, cars are really hard to control, but 120-130km/h should also be okay

• 4 weeks later...

Archived