ETS 2 Speed Limiter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, GiveYourPaw said:

I think you guys, wanting the high speed like Assetto Corsa or Forza or any car speed game think, doesn't know the word "simulator". The game is suppose to be boredom... this is trucking following the road rules (most of it) and learn to have respect to the other person who driving on the road.

Why not combine both parts?
Respect other person on the road AND a little more speed?
Why not a special patreon for everyone, who wants a little more speed? i.e. for 10$?
That would be a careful and safe handling with the higher speed limits because nobody want to get banned after 1 hour of "racing" for 10$.

1 hour ago, Hecki said:

Why not combine both parts?
Respect other person on the road AND a little more speed?
Why not a special patreon for everyone, who wants a little more speed? i.e. for 10$?
That would be a careful and safe handling with the higher speed limits because nobody want to get banned after 1 hour of "racing" for 10$.

It can be another good idea... but the staff decide...so when can nothing, we can't edit the mod only developers can do :kappa:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, GiveYourPaw said:

unny facts: In Italy, at the highway, if the truck and the cargo weigh less than 3.5 t you have the speed limit of 130km/h and over 3.5 t to 12 t speed limit of 100km/h :LUL:

soooo... yeah, it depends how much crazy is the country :LUL: (like Italy)

Don't forget those are gross weight limits, meaning it includes weight of vehicle and cargo, but the game only shows you cargo weight in job description, truck with standard trailer easily exceeds 12t even empty.

Are there any additional restrictions for vehicles with trailer in Italy, I bet there are, like in every european country.

1 hour ago, Granite said:

Don't forget those are gross weight limits, meaning it includes weight of vehicle and cargo, but the game only shows you cargo weight in job description, truck with standard trailer easily exceeds 12t even empty.

Are there any additional restrictions for vehicles with trailer in Italy, I bet there are, like in every european country.

Yes... like you need to have the driver license type B if you want to drive the truck itself or less than 3.5 t but there is more to explain ?, if you have more than 3.5 t you need the type C, if you have more than 12 t you need type CE, if you want to drive a BUS you need to have the type D is like this:

A = Motorcycle

B = Cars and truck without trailers or light trailers

C = Trucks with heavy trailers

D = BUS

spacer.png

spacer.png

Personally, I have nothing against speed limitations, but on long trips it feels or would be better to have the option of increasing this limit to a greater one; although in truth it should continue to be as before when it was without a limiter or with a higher speed, it was quite a chaos especially in the CD since there were players who believed that ETS2 was a kind of NFS with trucks and large loads and with it it meant that there were accidents every minute and other associates.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 1:00 PM, GiveYourPaw said:

spacer.png

In addition to that, I invite everybody seriously interested in speed limits to visit the website of the European Commission and learn about the actual speed limits of the different vehicle classes and weights:

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/road_safety/going_abroad/germany/speed_limits_en.htm

Speed rule Used to drive people safer, Speed rule Used to drive people safer I think it can be reduced to 90 kmh.  ^_^ :tmp:

On 4/10/2020 at 5:34 AM, Naza D said:

Hi there!!

really what you propose, it was already active a long time ago, and it was not useful, many crashes, many incorrect overshoots, bad players, reckless maneuvers everywhere, it was updated, then the servers were limited to 150 km / h and then like this Now, that you have 2 types of servers, which is simulation (limited to 110 km / h) and arcade (no limitation). , but hey, we are not talking about it.

The speed limiter really is useful, but there are too many ways that you can keep limiting yourself to decrease trolls players or those who don't let you play in the simulation, such as:

+ Limit the speed of trucks without a trailer to a speed of 80 km / h

+ Limit the speed of trucks WITHOUT cargo but with trailer at 90 km / h

+ Remove Skoda from simulation servers and only allow Pilot Car and Police Car

+ Among many more ...

Anyway, I think it is well implemented and useful within what is allowed

I vote for this. At least you can try if this work. You can always correct speed if it isn't work.

Hey there, i like your thinking but this would be too much of a useless asset to the game, we could just simply just remove the fact of players attempting to ram others, removing the speed limiter is just going to be carnage. it would be too hard to monitor players that are constantly ramming as not all users report on the website and in-game reports tend to time out

Thanks

Smacky. (Zach)

TruckersMP Events Team

spacer.png

Need help? | Report a user | Appeal a ban | Request an eventFeedback | Want to join the team?

Current Status - spacer.png

On 5/5/2020 at 10:28 AM, Linardinio said:

Nope, you can go on arcade and see how hard it is to not flip while driving with no speed limiter.

Nobody said that we are going 150 km/h constantly.
It is important how to use the speed.
Most of us use the speed carefully.
Here is a video I recorded in January 2019 - 3700 kilometers without any damage:

Sometimes more, sometimes less speed.
And yes: I miss that time so much.

Although I do not like the speed limit in me, it will be very difficult for managers to control people by removing the speed limit.

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

Always ready for help

? Steam | ? TruckersMP Profile | ♾️ Forum Profile | ? Discord |  

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 10:00 AM, GiveYourPaw said:

Yes... like you need to have the driver license type B if you want to drive the truck itself or less than 3.5 t but there is more to explain ?, if you have more than 3.5 t you need the type C, if you have more than 12 t you need type CE, if you want to drive a BUS you need to have the type D is like this:

A = Motorcycle

B = Cars and truck without trailers or light trailers

C = Trucks with heavy trailers

D = BUS

spacer.png

Europe is so strange, here in Brasil we have only 5 categories, A B C D E, A for motorcycles, B for cars and trailers up to 1.5tons, C for trucks with trailer up to 6tons, D for Bus with trailer up to 6 tons and E for Trucks with semitrailers up to 30 meters and 74tons gross weight and 9 axles. But we have off road trucks with 52 meters too.

I'm a little late to the thread. I disagree with the idea of removing speed limiters due to the fact if people want to play with less speed restrictions then they can simply play on the servers made for that purpose (as I'm sure people have mentioned above). Furthermore, HGV's in real life (at least from my knowledge of the UK industry, I don't know about the situation internationally) are all limited to somewhere on the lines of 56 MpH or 90 km/h. I think with this in mind it is important for the idea of simulation that these speed limits stay enforced. Not only just to stop ramming or any other offences, because they can still happen regardless of limits - but for the sake of realism which most people play on Sim1 for. 

I see where people are coming from when suggesting they should be removed, but all I can say to that is just to play on the servers without the limiters on. ETS2 is a realistic simulator and personally I think it should stay that way on the correct servers :D 

{This is my personal opinion}

I Think The 110 km/h  Speed Limiter should remain for trucks but there should be a 80 km/h speed limiter for cars

What Do You Guys Think of My Idea?

Do you think if there was a 80 km speed limiter for cars do you guys think it will reduce the amount of accidents ?       

A speed limiter can he very helpful on busy roads like the C-D road. Imagine driving 150 with your truck on these roads. That could end in chaos. 

However, I do agree that there should be no limiter once you leave a certain area. 

For example, it would be useless having a speed limiter on a highway in Austria since there's barely people that you will meet anyway. 

I must also add that I personally prefer driving 90 with my truck though. 

Archived