Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

ETS 2 Speed Limiter

6 hours ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

about 2-3 years ago there was still no speed limit but everything was fine

You have to be kidding. Everything was fine? I guess that it could be fine for those who drove full speed all of the time ramming others whenever they lost control, but it wasn't fine at all for those many who were rammed. What has changed? With a 110 Km/h limit even the players who only know to drive at full speed have a better control of their vehicles and the amount of ramming incidents is a lot lower than it used to be. So it's better for the speeders since there's a lower chance that they'll be banned, and it's better for the rest of the players since there's a lower chance that they'll be rammed. It's still a simulation game, only now it's more of a driving simulation and less of a crashing simulation.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly it's a bad idea/suggestion; because for some reason the limits dropped from 150 to 110, and if one made a mistake you have to face the consequences but this does not mean an extra burden for the GMs in seeing who did/has not had speed problems; also that if you think about it friend, this would be complex to carry out as it would be the development division and the GMs an additional burden to work and how to know if the accident that led to banned it's speed or other; and to finish for something there is the arcade server, it's to run and enjoy with friends, while the SIM type is to take seriously the matter and not run like Gran Turismo.

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You have to be kidding. Everything was fine? I guess that it could be fine for those who drove full speed all of the time ramming others whenever they lost control, but it wasn't fine at all for those many who were rammed. What has changed? With a 110 Km/h limit even the players who only know to drive at full speed have a better control of their vehicles and the amount of ramming incidents is a lot lower than it used to be. So it's better for the speeders since there's a lower chance that they'll be banned, and it's better for the rest of the players since there's a lower chance that they'll be rammed. It's still a simulation game, only now it's more of a driving simulation and less of a crashing simulation.

the amount of people who vote for yes tells everything :)

15 hours ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

Mate, we know there is an Arcade server but that's not what we on about :) I do play this game for long time even with no Multiplayer but about 2-3 years ago there was still no speed limit but everything was fine and the game was still a "Simulation" game. What happened now? Did the game change? The answer is "No". So before you make comments , please think twice ?

@Tyr0n.xd Yes man, I think I think a lot has changed with the speed limit. I see that the speed limit is 110km / h, the trolls are decreasing and the game becomes more beautiful. I'm not a fast driver anyway. The speed limit can even be 90km / h, if possible. This is not a racing game, this is a simulation game, please act accordingly. And I disagree with you on this. ?

I don't see why players feel the need to rush around the map at mach speed in trucks, or worse even cars. This maybe a simulation game based on real life, and in real life truckers are limited to a set speed depending on the road they are driving along. 

This isn't some GTA game where you can fly around at whatever speed you like , limits are in place for a reason and in my opinion even 110 kmh is a tad too high where 90 kmh would be more ideal. 

If you don't like going at a limited speed then either get used to it and call it however boring as you like, or find another game to play like need for speed or forza instead of complaining about the limits all the time. 

Use some common sense. 

Imo, just enable collision on arcade server, remove speed limit and make it without rules (or at least those driving and save editing related), with a big sign at login "Enter at your own risk".

This way you'll have two options: Simulation where you obey the rules and stuff, and Arcade that is like wild west :D Everybody happy!

7 hours ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

the amount of people who vote for yes tells everything :)

The results of polls in this forum can hardly be evaluated as a representative result for the whole TruckersMP community.

Especially if you consider the fact that TruckersMP has more or less 3 million registered users of which only approx. 219.000 are registered in the forum. That is approx. 7 percent.
Of these 7 percent how many voted for yes - 630?

And you think that these 0,29 percent of the users registered in the forums (or 0.02 percent of all registered users) tell everything?
I strongly doubt that.

2 hours ago, adisadicu said:

Imo, just enable collision on arcade server, remove speed limit and make it without rules (or at least those driving and save editing related), with a big sign at login "Enter at your own risk".

This way you'll have two options: Simulation where you obey the rules and stuff, and Arcade that is like wild west :D Everybody happy!

Only one more thing I'd add to this... Make that arcade server "non-moderated" so no admins checking for in-game reports and whoever joins Arcade is flagged and banned from using the web report system for at least one month. It would be quite an experiment... And we would see how many people are really OK with being constantly rammed, blocked, trolled, etc...

5 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

The results of polls in this forum can hardly be evaluated as a representative result for the whole TruckersMP community.

Especially if you consider the fact that TruckersMP has more or less 3 million registered users of which only approx. 219.000 are registered in the forum. That is approx. 7 percent.
Of these 7 percent how many voted for yes - 630?

And you think that these 0,29 percent of the users registered in the forums (or 0.02 percent of all registered users) tell everything?
I strongly doubt that.

Then make that vote available in the servers. I highly doubt the result would be different. A sample of the population is also how Statistics work.

The speed limit is very good and necessary thing in crowded zones like Duisburg or Calais. However, in empty or less crowded zones, the speed limit is almost painfully. For example, there is almost no one in the East Europa cities and while driving in those places, the game becomes very boring because of the speed limit, especially in the long distances. I tried arcade server but that server is almost empty and it doesn't feel like an online game. There should be an arrangement for this situation I guess

spacer.png

lol most recurring topic ever :troll:

Thinking current situation is just fine as it is. Servers and MP evolved over several years of trying all sorts of different things and this isn't all bad considering the tiny amount of offenses seen now vs in the beginning mostly due to inability to ram people in congested areas.

Wanna go faster? play arcade server. Wanna play slower? Drive Iveco and connect your profile to world of trucks which will also automatically impose speed limits while driving external contracts.

31 minutes ago, ElectroHouse20 said:

Aloha!

I think the speed needs to be adjusted accordingly.

1. How to understand? Example: Expressway - this road, where you can drive at 130 km/h + -.  
  2. Road - 90km/h. e.g. img%5D

I think that would be great. I don't think people have shaved anything about this update. :D That would be good for everyone.

Are you for real?

Everybody with driving licence knows these are maximum speed limits for a given type of road, but on top of this, vehicles over 3,5t or pulling a trailer are regulated by laws, which in most european countries limits them to 80km/h or 90km/h.

You won't find truck speed limits on road signs, only general speed limits, which every single vehicle has to follow.

21 hours ago, Granite said:

Are you for real?

Everybody with driving licence knows these are maximum speed limits for a given type of road, but on top of this, vehicles over 3,5t or pulling a trailer are regulated by laws, which in most european countries limits them to 80km/h or 90km/h.

You won't find truck speed limits on road signs, only general speed limits, which every single vehicle has to follow.

Well, here’s the game. No one is driving at 70 km / h or 80 km / h, unless those who perform the tasks World of Trucks. Under the current situation, it can be seen that they are driving like Schumacher. That speed limit needs to be changed here, even though it is (+ -) good.

nbfgnBO.png.26f9f4d3a1f9d61821a43f88fdf9d178.png

unnamed.jpg.55d4047c9dcbe611219a2c3ec1b4bc94.jpgunnamed.jpg.0495ca0f9adff9cf7ba22481955cb590.jpgunnamed.jpg.3a648e065beef5f1b50ba8b1d3f858a0.jpg
unnamed.jpg.5b70bce891435c23c3a847b6f0ea349c.jpgimg%5D795749874_role_VeteranV(1).webp.1f11a09e018b8aee9aca50975c2b58b2.webp
nbfgnBO.png.43bd36f6478743f4194401867211cf2f.png

I think you guys, wanting the high speed like Assetto Corsa or Forza or any car speed game think, doesn't know the word "simulator". The game is suppose to be boredom... this is trucking following the road rules (most of it) and learn to have respect to the other person who driving on the road.

But if you continue to say "I want speed" there can be a solution (if it possibile and if it's a good idea) we can make moderate road, like some road with the limit of 110km/h, some road with 90km/h, some road with 70km/h and finally the 60km/h in the city.

Funny facts: In Italy, at the highway, if the truck and the cargo weigh less than 3.5 t you have the speed limit of 130km/h and over 3.5 t to 12 t speed limit of 100km/h :LUL:

soooo... yeah, it depends how much crazy is the country :LUL: (like Italy)

spacer.png

Archived