ETS 2 Speed Limiter

Hello, I just seen a discussion and asked myself "Why I don't open too ? " and opened this. Well I think the TruckersMp should make a system like this about speed limiter in game ; firstly remove the speed limiter from all of the servers. if player banned for reason ramming other players, the speed limiter active for this player. What's your thinks? is this usefull?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello!

I don't see it useful as there are two types of servers, one with a 110km / h limiter for people who want to experience simulation game mode, and one without limits for people who like speed.

Honestly, if they remove the limiter for all people it would be chaos, and it would be another chaos to put the individual limiter on each of the people who commit infractions.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, _AKINCI_ said:

Hello, I just seen a discussion and asked myself "Why I don't open too ? "

Probably because a thread like this pops up seemingly on a weekly basis and it's getting pointless; seriously, how many more of these discussions are we going to keep having before people stop constantly posting these things?

The speed limit is perfectly fine as it is. If people don't like it, there are plenty of other more suitable games for speeding around in.

Hi there!!

really what you propose, it was already active a long time ago, and it was not useful, many crashes, many incorrect overshoots, bad players, reckless maneuvers everywhere, it was updated, then the servers were limited to 150 km / h and then like this Now, that you have 2 types of servers, which is simulation (limited to 110 km / h) and arcade (no limitation). , but hey, we are not talking about it.

The speed limiter really is useful, but there are too many ways that you can keep limiting yourself to decrease trolls players or those who don't let you play in the simulation, such as:

+ Limit the speed of trucks without a trailer to a speed of 80 km / h

+ Limit the speed of trucks WITHOUT cargo but with trailer at 90 km / h

+ Remove Skoda from simulation servers and only allow Pilot Car and Police Car

+ Among many more ...

Anyway, I think it is well implemented and useful within what is allowed

For this speed limiter stuff,  I like the speed limiter.  Why?  It helps the realism of the experience.   Yeah some people might want no speed limiter, but I ask why?  Trucks in the real world have speed limiters.  Plus, there used to be a time where there were no speed limiter.  I can tell you those days were hectic.  The C-D road was worse than it is today.  The speed limiter has definitely helped the simulation and helped the game be more enjoyable.  I personally like the C-D road.  I like the challenge, and sometimes it can get funny.  Are the trollers frustrating, yeah.  People used to be able to go as fast as their truck can go... as far as I know the fastest truck can go 150km/hr.  I remember when people went down that road that fast.  There were so many crashes, overturned trucks, even more trolling scout carnage.  So, in my personal opinion the speed limiter is a good thing and I am happy it was implemented. 

9 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

Probably because a thread like this pops up seemingly on a weekly basis and it's getting pointless; seriously, how many more of these discussions are we going to keep having before people stop constantly posting these things?

The speed limit is perfectly fine as it is. If people don't like it, there are plenty of other more suitable games for speeding around in.

You must be joking mate, I do long distances all the time and the highways are too empty (because everyone is  using c-d road). If there should be speed limit, it should be on (C-D Road) which I don't think so anyway. Everyone keeps saying "Go and play in Arcade Server". Well I know there is an Arcade server which has no speed limit but what's the point when there is no collision? Pleasee before you reply, think and reply :)

10 hours ago, _AKINCI_ said:

if player banned for reason ramming other players, the speed limiter active for this player. What's your thinks? is this usefull?

I would support a suggestion like a reduced speed limit that is activated temporally for perpetrators after their punishment.

10 minutes ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

Everyone keeps saying "Go and play in Arcade Server". Well I know there is an Arcade server which has no speed limit but what's the point when there is no collision? Pleasee before you reply, think and reply :)

Maybe the TruckersMP team will consider your input If you can provide a reasonable explanation why collisions should be enabled on the arcade server.
Until then please enjoy the simulation server or the arcade server.

4 hours ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

You must be joking mate, I do long distances all the time and the highways are too empty (because everyone is  using c-d road). If there should be speed limit, it should be on (C-D Road) which I don't think so anyway. Everyone keeps saying "Go and play in Arcade Server". Well I know there is an Arcade server which has no speed limit but what's the point when there is no collision? Pleasee before you reply, think and reply :)

Actually, I've never understand why lot of player only using c-d road in a huge map? I think they just entering the game for see traffic jam and chaos. The game isn't they care.   

10 hours ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

Perhaps then your argument should be about adding collision to the Arcade servers instead of removing the speed limits off the server that is quite clearly called 'Simulation'. You're playing a game called Euro Truck Simulator 2; the key point is where it says 'Simulator'. You may not like it, but speed limits are just part of truck driving, and since truck driving is what ETS2 is aiming to simulate, then it should come as no surprise that there are speed limits.

In most of Europe, the speed limit for trucks is 90 km/h (56 mph); be glad the TruckersMP team have given you a 110 km/h (68 mph) speed limit.

14 hours ago, Nobody Knows said:

Hi there!

I don't think this is really useful. TruckersMP appeals to a wide audience, and it will be difficult for staff to restrict every player who makes a mistake.

If you don't want the speed limit, you can play it on Arcade servers.

Best regards,

Happy Days! 

@Nobody Knows Hello, I think you are very right, I agree with you. [ _AKINCI_, if you want speed go and play on the arcade server]. ?

I honestly find it complicated and unnecessary; first because it would spend a lot of time looking at the subject about history and if it had problems with speed and the second thing would be because of this measure, there is already the limiter to 110 which has already been downgraded from 150; if someone wants to run like in LeMans they go to the Arcade server, there will not disturb anyone as it is collision-free and unstopless; whereas in the "Sim" type some we take very seriously what the simulation is and not running like in LeMans.

10 hours ago, OmSaL said:

@Nobody Knows Hello, I think you are very right, I agree with you. [ _AKINCI_, if you want speed go and play on the arcade server]. ?

Mate, we know there is an Arcade server but that's not what we on about :) I do play this game for long time even with no Multiplayer but about 2-3 years ago there was still no speed limit but everything was fine and the game was still a "Simulation" game. What happened now? Did the game change? The answer is "No". So before you make comments , please think twice ?

Hello ; 

Speed limitation helps people to drive more carefully and properly. I would prefer it to be further reduced. (90 / Kmh)

5 hours ago, Tyr0n.xd said:

Mate, we know there is an Arcade server but that's not what we on about :) I do play this game for long time even with no Multiplayer but about 2-3 years ago there was still no speed limit but everything was fine and the game was still a "Simulation" game. What happened now? Did the game change? The answer is "No". So before you make comments , please think twice ?

Maybe the problem is in you, maybe you should think again, what is it, that you are looking for when playing ETS2/ATS via TMP.

I have been playing here for quite some time, mostly taking external jobs which are limited to 90Km//h (or 105 km/h in ATS), and I haven't got bored of it in the slightest after almost 1,7 million km just doing these.

Actually, I find singleplayer much more boring, and the buggy AI traffic giving me headaches is another reason why I play multiplayer.

There are many pure sim racing games available for you, heck, there's even official ETRC game which involves truck racing.

Oh yeah, and TMP is a free mod, and it comes with set of rules to follow, without it, there would be only singleplayer, and I think SCS software sales are affected by it considerably. I am still quite amazed, how is it's existence even possible.

Archived