Why Do People Speed So Badly? Or Don't Follow In-Game Road Rules ?

Chance The Pup

On 6/17/2020 at 1:00 AM, theonlylukon said:

As long as people are speeding responsibly and not being reckless, then its no problem to me.

In general, speeding is defined by driving faster than the allowed/ recommened speed limit.
I believe that It can be regarded as either reckless driving or careless driving.
If the driver is aware of the allowed/ recommended speed limit and willfully decides to driver faster, I would define it as reckless driving, because he intentionally ignores it.
If the driver drives faster than the allowed/ recommended speed limit because he is not aware of it, I would define it as careless driving.

Either case is driving above the allowed/ recommended speed limit and is dangerous for the driver and other road traffic participants. Higher speeds result in longer stopping distances and less reacting time and consequently increases the risk of accidents.

So, is there something like "responsible speeding"?
As speeding increases the risk of accidents I believe it can not be called a responsible behavior.

Just my two cents.

Drive safely!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, TheCanadianTrucker said:

^Driving fast definitely decreases your ability to drive safely.  While many would be able to drive fine at a higher speed there's no denying that it reduces your reaction time to unexpected events.  That gets even worse when you consider the draw distance limitations and the possibility of desync between players.  

15 hours ago, Vodila Iz Ada said:

Influences. Than drive faster, by the less time left to reaction.

When I say fast, I think a maximum of 140-150 km / h. I don't think I will have reaction problems at these speeds... 

8 hours ago, GrandLionTR said:

When I say fast, I think a maximum of 140-150 km / h. I don't think I will have reaction problems at these speeds... 

Personally, I did not ask you, but if even have not reaction problem, you probably will have physics problems (stopping distances), if you not keep distance (there are not a few)998812390_Opera_2020-06-27_154718_forum.truckersmp_com.thumb.png.5a4bb989904a5a1e5375f55b7cf72b66.png 

I drive at the max limit allowed by the server (110km/h), which is actually the max speed I will ever drive in singleplayer unless going down a hill to gain speed uphill. I am a safe driver and not reckless... i slow down on corners and am very careful overtaking.

I speed, but I do it responsibly. There is a difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @Alexei Viktor!

Your topic has been inactive for over 14 days.

Because of that I'll close it and move it to Archive.

If you feel that you'll want this topic to be opened again, don't hesitate to contact Community Moderator.

Best Regards,

arusf2011 [PL/EN]

Community Moderator & Translator

Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived