Why Do People Speed So Badly? Or Don't Follow In-Game Road Rules ?

Chance The Pup

3 hours ago, Lauserl said:

Hello all

What i didnt understand when u drive speed limit why some people then use there trailer as an Weapon and cut u off and try to kill ur Truck.

Happend to me so many times.

The incident you described is an inappropriate overtaking manoeuver which will be regarded as reckless driving and be punished accordingly.
I strongly advice to record these kind of incidents and report the perpetrators via the website report system.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also do not understand why the rules should not be observed due to terribly unpleasant driving behavior.

It can never be fast enough and often there is also incredible brutal behavior, including compelling driving behavior.

It also bothers me very much.
Scandinavia is pretty sick if you want to drive up or down because these kind of drivers like to be stuck in traffic at the Quarry.

So terribly unfortunate that one of the most beautiful areas is spoiled by this kind of GTA figures.

It would be good to be able to collect data automated and report/ punish reckless behavior immediately.

Simulation Servers should be purified from these types of users.

spacer.png

From my experience and seeing views from members of the community, many members like the aspect of being able to go fast on TruckersMP. There's no particular reason why but all I can see from it is more dangerous driving. I may go around 50mph on average when I'm not on my simulation profile but there's no reason to borderline 110km/h in my opinion. Some people don't understand the simulation aspect of the game and it's unfortunate. That's why we're trying to aim in the direction of a more simulation based community. When driving on my simulation profile, I have all fines enabled on top of respecting all speed limits and treat the game as how I believe it's meant to be played - like a true simulator.

I believe people are more likely to break in-game rules if they are going over the speed limit. If you don't want to play the game as strict simulation, that's fine as long as you respect the rules which are common decency on the road. Otherwise, we always have the Arcade server for people who want to go as fast as they want and in my opinion, not play the game like it's meant to be.

But yeah, that's just my two cents into this forum.

yo

Hello,

I drive at 90-95km/h and I always follow all traffic rules. Just like others said, people like to drive fast and nobody knows why. Most of them don't even have a driver's license in real life so they don't know what it's like to drive a car or a truck. This game is not a racing simulator and some people still don't get it. 

|Viva Trucking|Apply to Viva Trucking|Star Wars Fan|HAZMAT Division

On 4/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, Alexei Viktor said:

Very Understandable Glad To See You on the road ! ❤️ 

As Much As I Agree with the idea of the that sadly most people that drive over 90km normally end up in a wreak I've seen it more times then i can count. 

Lol, yeah, that's what broke me of going 80 in anywhere there is not mostly straight roads.  I get fatigued and it seems that every time I take my eyes off the road for a moment, to look over for my teacup, I eat a wall.  lol.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:04 PM, Μatt said:

From my experience and seeing views from members of the community, many members like the aspect of being able to go fast on TruckersMP. There's no particular reason why but all I can see from it is more dangerous driving. I may go around 50mph on average when I'm not on my simulation profile but there's no reason to borderline 110km/h in my opinion. Some people don't understand the simulation aspect of the game and it's unfortunate. That's why we're trying to aim in the direction of a more simulation based community. When driving on my simulation profile, I have all fines enabled on top of respecting all speed limits and treat the game as how I believe it's meant to be played - like a true simulator.

I believe people are more likely to break in-game rules if they are going over the speed limit. If you don't want to play the game as strict simulation, that's fine as long as you respect the rules which are common decency on the road. Otherwise, we always have the Arcade server for people who want to go as fast as they want and in my opinion, not play the game like it's meant to be.

But yeah, that's just my two cents into this forum.

Agreed..  Typically I obey the speed limit, within 5 or 10 of whatever is posted.. but sometimes on long-hauls with a long way to go, and I'm already tired, i'll put it to the floor to make time and drive it there until someone comes on my 'players near me' window, and I step it back down until they're clear.

I totally understand where you are coming from, I myself have had many incidents where I have been cut up and cars driving under my trailer, I do try and drive at the posted speed limits and in my VTC I am more or less the most fuel efficient, I am still pretty new to the game and never thought I'd like these games, I see it all the time drivers passing me at speed and I don't mind that at all and to me that's them playing their own game, I pride myself in trying to move aside when I see a a fellow player coming to over take and try to pull right into the side as much as possible as to let them pass I also flash my lights and sound my horns as to let them know they are clear to pull in front and as a mark of respect to other players, I have had players try to bully me when entering a slip road that only has room for one truck and they ended up in the barrier some of them think this game is GTA or such like lol and think that they get away with pushing you aside, if I see two trucks side by side I slow down because a lot of the time I see this they end up crashing I pull into the side and slow down with my hazards on as to alert potential players from behind from make a grave error and adding to the pile up.

Sorry for the long rant its just my thoughts

-Mark (Sohlice)

If you have noticed that there are a lot of people who are new to the game, trolls and dangerous people are usually newly created accounts.

I have no idea how to avoid these people but it would be a mistake to carry loads on roads like the d-c road

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

Always ready for help

? Steam | ? TruckersMP Profile | ♾️ Forum Profile | ? Discord |  

I don't think many drivers have problems with others who are speeding.
The problem is the rude behavior and the ruining of the game for others.
I think it is very complicated to prevent this, trolls are very annoying.
It would be better if rights were earned through mileage, which could also be taken away for violations.
But I fear that this cannot be achieved at the moment.

spacer.png

Well, there are only a few players on TMP that are playing this game like "it is meant to be played". And by that I mean respecting the speed limits from the road signs, or the road signs themselves. 

I appreciate that you like playing like that, as "realistic" as possible, but unfortunately not everyone is like you. Which is sad... :(

The best that the TMP developers could've done is to add the speed limits. The only way to stop the draggers.  

I respect the speed limits in the cities, because it feels and looks right. However on the highways and on some side roads, the posted limits feel slow, so if it's safe, i.e no other cars around, no lag ,etc. I'll exceed the limit. When others are around I think that rules need to be followed closely, but when the traffic is low or non-existent, the rules can be bent to improve your experience. At the end of the day, if speeding up 10-15km/h is going to make you have more fun, then you should enjoy yourself responsibly and safely.

The short answer to why do people speed so badly? is most likely because they're impatient, or they just want to shave off couple minutes of their journey and get to their destination as quickly as possible. I tend to speed on long and empty straightaways like highways or unpopulated routes because I want to save some time, but doing so in densely populated area definitely isn't the smartest thing to do.

I may not always follow the speed limit but I always try to not annoy anybody and I always want to have good control over my truck so I am not speeding on a road with a lot of corners. Also many roads with a lot of corners have a speedlimit of like 80 k/mh and I would almost drop down a hill going like 50 k/mh.

On 5/22/2020 at 7:49 AM, puskas65 said:

246/5000

I wish that in the simulation server not only the speed is limited, but also the stability parameters of the truck, trailer and brake sensitivity, and thus avoid arcade driving, at least in the simulation server ...

That would be so hard to do considering its in the options of the game and it can be modified through the config as well. It's virtually impossible really

• 2 weeks later...

There are two types of speeders in this game: those responsible and those irresponsible. From my experience, I notice that most people who drive in a way that could be considered reckless will tone it down when in the vicinity of other players. Whether or not this is simply because they do not want to get reported or they just want to be considerate is unclear. However, in some portions of the map, it is really no danger to anyone to be driving at a speed that some might consider dangerous, especially when there are no other drivers present.

The way I see it is, people make choices about how they wish to play the game, and there are many that choose to drive at higher speeds than others. As long as people are speeding responsibly and not being reckless, then its no problem to me.

That's the ?

/ --- - //       Achievement Get!

/ -- -- //        Locating the Forums

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾                                                         

Archived