Why Do People Speed So Badly? Or Don't Follow In-Game Road Rules ?

Chance The Pup

So Today I Was Driving In Rotterdam Starting Point Just Started A New Profile There And Ends In Duisburg ( Yes I Know Its A Highly Talked About Route ) . 

But I'm Just Curious Why? Do People Speed Faster Then What Is Posted In-Game Or Even On There GPS ?  In The Game It Was Made To Match Close To IRL As Can Get.

I was Going 50 MPH On The Road Some Cases 37 & 31 In Some Of The Spots Told By The GPS In-Game But Having People Just Try To Run Me Over Or Just Fly By As If I Was Standing Still And This Becomes Very Childish In My Personal Opinion There Is No Rush For Those Speeds If Anything I'd See The Same Person Coming By But The Opposite Direction Of Me With The Same Speeds And Recklessness As When They Passed Me Going Most Likely 100MPH. What Is Your Thoughts On This Matter And Why Would People Act So Childish About This Even Worse Road Rage & Even A lot Of Driving Discrimination Which Seems Very Toxic. 

- Project Manager Of VCC : https://vcc-online.eu/ 

Owner : Of Airlift Legends Community & CEO Of Airlift Legends Trucking [ AL ]   
AL - Discord : 
https://discord.gg/wMb8ng6WfV 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if the speed limit imposed by TMP for the simulation server is for some reason, there are people who like to drive at 90 km/h, other people at 110 km/h and both positions are valid as long as they respect player.

We cannot expect everyone to do what one likes.

I am one of the people who drive at 110 km/h and I like to drive at that speed, being responsible and respecting the player next to me.

spacer.png

The speed limit of 110 km / h provided in the simulation servers is to improve the simulation in them, the majority of the players decide on 90 and circulate for free and experience a simulation at its best, but there are always people who decide exceeding and wanting to enter those servers to surpass, play to be a race driver and that's why the busiest route (C - D ROAD) became a daily madness, if you feel comfortable, you can report these players who try to crash you , or simply block your path. But there are some who are responsible.

"Why Do People Speed So Badly? Or Don't Follow In-Game Road Rules ?"

Some drivers mistakenly consider higher speeds to be as safe as regular speeds.
Others prefer to drive fast as they feel bored to drive at the posted speed limits.

And then there are also drivers that drive fast because they are in a hurry, as they do not have much time to indulge in their hobby.
None of the above reasons are a violation of the rules per-se. But driving fast always increases the risk and possibility to cause an accident, as it reduces the time to react to unforeseen events.

Some people do know most road laws and follow them but some don't know them that good and it's different in almost every country. I follow the law most of the time but from time to time it is just easier and more efficient to go a little faster, of course, we all should respect each other and be helpful to get traffic to move as smoothly as possible.
I believe that some of those that do 110km/h are just people that need to get to a place fast or just want the challenge.
I believe that those that try to crash and destroy for others are people either bored and doing it on purpose for some unknown reason different to everyone. But also we all make mistakes and most learn from then.

Of course, if they break any of these Rules you can always report them either in-game or on the web with evidence Here

I believe most people don't know but an increase in speed no matter how much increases the time it would take you to stop by huge numbers.
Let's take an example, you are driving a car at 90km/h and something appears about 45 meters in front of you blocking the road, the road conditions and tire conditions are perfect, you will be able to reduce your speed to 70km/h before you crash if you have a good reaction time.
Now if you are driving a car at 110km/h and something appears about 45 meters in front of you blocking the road, the road conditions and tire conditions are perfect, you will be able to reduce your speed to 100km/h  before you crash if you have a good reaction time.
Now, this is no exact calculation but somewhat with a reaction time of around 1 second.
When you double (x1) your speed, for example, 50km/h to 100km/h the distance it takes to react and stop increase by x4 times
This is if you are driving a car (IRL). Just imagine the effect it has with a fully loaded truck and trailer pushing you forward.

Regards Rasmus(SWE)

image.png.a6a307d963f66b70d9bbc05ad8c0f806.png Since November 21, 2014

image.png.8dda56c1044eaadc5aa516fcf7e98c9f.png Since November 21, 2019

Its How I Write @Sticky However I understand your job since I was an Ex Trial Admin Back In 2018 For TMP On The Side Note Enjoy Your Job! ❤️ 

On Other Notes Yes But If TMP's Main Goal Is To Be realistic simulation Game Shouldn't They Be Not Only Enforcing In-Game Rules Set By Its Community But Also The Original Games Design Such As Those Speed Limits Signs Same For The In - Game Street Lights ? 

AL - Discord : 

As you say, some make some server a real racetrack, either because they don't know, don't want to or to annoy others; the clearest example of all this madness is the C-D in which the "newbies" converge-the trolls and those of us who have realism in the speedometer; but being so scrambled it ends up transforming into a spinning of things; if you think you can go to 90 with a good simulation but someone who wants to go to 110 will show up, and if you don't you let run from a runner to a troll because you "ruined" his way of play; that's why I avoid that area and it's better to go other parts like the dlcs, because there is everything calmer and no one runs like NFS, but it's all because of the perception one has about the game, if you're one of those who doesn't take anything inseriously, you'll end up permanent, but if you're one of those who takes the simulation seriously, you'll be alive.

I'm telling you personally, I didn't take anything seriously before and because I got the penalties, then I seriously thought if it was an NFS or a simulation and I told myself it would be a simulation and now I haven't had any problems and respect others and they respect me, and when I see someone who breaks the law and I know that this is a better place.

I have a theory and i have expressed that theory by now. It's because people have nothing to gain or lose in the game. What is the game currently? It's a free roam, nothing more nothing less. What's the goal of the game? There isn't any. People just hop into a truck and start driving around. What if they crash? What happens then? Nothing. They have millions of money and they've capped their xp. "I'll just click f7, visit the service, pay 100k to repair my truck and move on". So why should players feel the need to drive safely? We've established by now that they don't care about truck or cargo damage because they have millions of money. If they make deliveries with 100% damage , they won't care. If they visit the service 10 times within an hour ,they won't care. Did you run out of money? Just open the game in singleplayer, load another 100 millions with cheatengine and keep on playing.

So the game is a free roam. There are a few people who view it as something more but they're wrong too. If the game won't change, there's no reason to act like the game is anything more than a free roam world where everyone can speed and drive recklessly and purposelessly. 

The solution: Give the people clear purpose and establish clear rules as to what people gain/lose with every action. Create a virtual currency that you gain everytime you complete a job. Spend that virtual currency everytime you use the service or a gas station or when you get fined etc. Now people have a reason to drive carefully. Now people have a reason to complete jobs with their cargos intact. Now a reckless overtake could get you bankrupt and start all over again. Now a troll can't have access to cars or trucks and when he does, he'll value his money because he made deliveries in order to gain these trucks or cars. And if he gets banned, he's gonna lose all of these. Now the hardcore player feels good about himself having the best modifications in the game because he actually strive to earn them. 

Give the players a purpose and you'll watch reckless driving vanish. As long as it's a free roam, this won't change.

^^

It has been already suggested to implement a server-based economy.

A server-based economy in multiplayer is expected to address the "money cheat" issue and its direct consequence of reckless driving behavior.

IIRC, the TruckersMP team is open to this suggestion and it is planned to provide such a feature, however no release date has been published as these things will take.

I think that a lot of variables can come into play here. 

Some people rarely take cargo, or cargo that is very light. Therefore, their truck is much faster and is easier to control. People will subconsciously drive at a speed that feels safe, and obviously if they haven't got much weight on the back, higher speeds will feel safer due to more control.

Continuing on from this, people have different thresholds as to what is 'safe' (virtually of course) to drive at. Some may feel safe at 80km/h, where as some may feel safe at 100-110km/h. It varies from person to person and their skill level.

Moreover, you don't get the sense of speed in ETS2 like you would do in real life. In real life, you can physically feel the speed you travel at, whereas in ETS2 and many other games you can't. This gives a feeling of safety and security despite the high speed. For myself, back when they had the 150km/h to the public servers, 150km/h felt like 120km/h to me for real life.

However, when they clearly have a speedometer in front of them, and a clear speed limit to abide by, it is a matter of choice. Put frankly, if they want to drive recklessly and crash, let them get on with it. One day, they'll mess with the wrong person and get banned for good. It's inevitable. 

The answers can be many, but it all comes down to the following: the way it is played.

Some are here because the simulation and the trucks are theirs, others are only there to have a good time with friends but respecting the others and in the end there are the trolls .... those who annoy whoever gets in their way; This is how most of the players are classified. And if for example you take the simulation seriously, it is better not to be in highly trafficked areas or that have a high number of players, since in those areas you are more likely to find the "characters" that always ruin the games with bad actions or similar.

But most of us here like both the trucks and their simulation and we don't go running around like it's the LeMans or NFS; Also, if you see someone breaking the rules, report it and help others and make it a better place. TMP

On 4/9/2020 at 5:10 AM, Alexei Viktor said:

So Today I Was Driving In Rotterdam Starting Point Just Started A New Profile There And Ends In Duisburg ( Yes I Know Its A Highly Talked About Route ) . 

But I'm Just Curious Why? Do People Speed Faster Then What Is Posted In-Game Or Even On There GPS ?  In The Game It Was Made To Match Close To IRL As Can Get.

I was Going 50 MPH On The Road Some Cases 37 & 31 In Some Of The Spots Told By The GPS In-Game But Having People Just Try To Run Me Over Or Just Fly By As If I Was Standing Still And This Becomes Very Childish In My Personal Opinion There Is No Rush For Those Speeds If Anything I'd See The Same Person Coming By But The Opposite Direction Of Me With The Same Speeds And Recklessness As When They Passed Me Going Most Likely 100MPH. What Is Your Thoughts On This Matter And Why Would People Act So Childish About This Even Worse Road Rage & Even A lot Of Driving Discrimination Which Seems Very Toxic. 

Inside city 60km/h 37 mp/h low speed on the highway 110 Km/h 69 mp/h high speed if someone force you to go faster just go slower let them pass you thats all.

There is no way the drive 100 mp/h.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, Chasa said:

Well, some of players like you and many other like to get realistic or get the highness experience of the simulation, but some users dont get it, and think that is just another game online they can play, but there is the moderators, with a big job inside and outside the game.

- Very True @Chasa Since I'm A Old Trial Admin From The Game Back In 2018 I'm Aware Of Their Jobs And How They Go About Things. 

and I Respect Their Jobs Since It's No Easy Task On Their End. 

AL - Discord : 

17 hours ago, HayaleeeeT said:

Inside city 60km/h 37 mp/h low speed on the highway 110 Km/h 69 mp/h high speed if someone force you to go faster just go slower let them pass you thats all.

There is no way the drive 100 mp/h.

I Normally Do This Most Cases I Slow Down Even More To Let Them Pass As They Are Passing Which I Wish More Players Would Play The Game More Like This But Sadly That Is Not The Case... @HayaleeeeT

AL - Discord : 

Following the 90 km/h thats already imposed on you when you do external contracts gets boring fast, or if i do a long trip of 30-40 hours ingame (1-2 hours) i really dont want to be stuck on 90.

Ofcourse i have to be more on guard to see if anything comes up fast, as it has many other times. Havent heard of your "In-Game Road Rules", is this just common sense towards other players?

I let others pass by me even when im in the right lane doing 110 km/h, not sure how they do that but its happened multiple times now, and ive only played online for the last 2-3 days.

I respect others and i love this honking community driving past eachother ^^

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x | Corsair H150i RGB Pro | MSI GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti SUPRIM XCorsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB | Corsair RM1000xLian Li O11DW Dynamic

On 4/13/2020 at 6:40 AM, MultiGamerClub said:

Following the 90 km/h thats already imposed on you when you do external contracts gets boring fast, or if i do a long trip of 30-40 hours ingame (1-2 hours) i really dont want to be stuck on 90.

Ofcourse i have to be more on guard to see if anything comes up fast, as it has many other times. Havent heard of your "In-Game Road Rules", is this just common sense towards other players?

I let others pass by me even when im in the right lane doing 110 km/h, not sure how they do that but its happened multiple times now, and ive only played online for the last 2-3 days.

I respect others and i love this honking community driving past eachother ^^

Very Understandable Glad To See You on the road ! ❤️ 

On 4/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, _Puma_ said:

I also drive more then 80 or 90 usually. Only time i drive in that speed is in a convoy or in the WOT contrast. And when i do drive more faster i make sure to be more carefful and try not to break rules. I think it's totaly fine if people drive 110 km/h if they follow the rules. 

As Much As I Agree with the idea of the that sadly most people that drive over 90km normally end up in a wreak I've seen it more times then i can count. 

AL - Discord : 

No one understands why people do it, Could be because they dont understand the game, or the fact that its a simulator, or even because in there country maybe how they drive in the game is similar to how it is irl. theres many reasons to which no one will ever understand, but beleive me its annoying

15 hours ago, Beep Boop Coming Through said:

No one understands why people do it, Could be because they dont understand the game, or the fact that its a simulator, or even because in there country maybe how they drive in the game is similar to how it is irl. theres many reasons to which no one will ever understand, but believe me its annoying

Very True It Does Become Quite Annoying Indeed However I heard They May Add A Auto Kick System For Running Red-light Which If They Did Add It. I Would Agree With It 100%.

AL - Discord : 

Archived