After playing for a while, this is what I have to say about the game.

Pol_Malvinas

Hi all,

I really love the game and enjoy it very much. I find the MP community to be ‘mixed’ in a very realistic way, you’ll find good and bad people just like in real life.

Things I discovered on my own and nobody/nothing told me beforehand:

• If you play on MP, say goodbye to NPC traffic. The only traffic you’ll encounter on the road are other MP drivers. I guess trying to hold the server up including NPC traffic would limit MP availabity to 4~6 players together, at most. Telling 4000+ drivers, all the time, where every NPC vehicle is, where it is facing, and how fast it is moving would crash the server altogether.
  • When you spawn, you go to ‘ghost mode’, which means people see you ‘blinking’ on whatever position it is you’re spawning, for a few seconds. If you spawn in the middle of the road and don’t move away, by the time you ‘definitively show up’ you may get ran over by someone who was already coming up. Which means, you should always park your truck on a fuel station, or anywhere in any town you can find with a ‘no collision’ zone.
  • CB radio (the in-game voice chat) is ‘kind of’ positional. You only hear on the radio those who are a few kilometers away from you.
  • The market is organized, as follows:
    • For quick jobs, you don’t need a truck (actually, that is told to you the first time you start driving).
    • For freight market, you need your own truck.
    • For cargo market, you need your own truck and a trailer of any given type, attached to your truck. You’ll then discover only jobs suited for your truck/trailer combination.
    • For external contracts market, you need your own truck, and you’ll ‘sync’ your performance with your ‘World of Trucks’ profile.
    • The difference between ‘freight market’ and ‘external contracts’ that I have found is that the freight market assigns you jobs with a given time that is accounted for in ‘game time hours’, whereas external contracts assigns you jobs with a due time frame that is accounted for in ‘real world hours’. So, if you take on a ‘freight market’ job that is expected in ‘5 hours’, and pause the game and stop playing for a while and try to resume later on that day, you’ll find you have 0 minutes left and by the time you do finish the job all the XP and the money is discounted. Still, that’s better than losing 12.000€ in game currency. On the other hand, if you took on an external contract job that is expected, say in 18 hours, and pause the game and go to sleep and come back to it the next day, you’ll find you still have, say 4 or 5 hours left before the job is overdue. Nobody told me this, and I find it very important in terms of ‘simulation’ and playability.

The game kicked me out a few times due to ‘unreliable connection’, all solved by closing and reconnecting. It seems that the ‘connection reliability test’ is being conducted at the same time the whole world and your own truck is being loaded into memory, and the whole process, for a multiple amount of factors, may not always be as fast as expected, and it ends up in you getting kicked out. It may also be true that the game engine has a high memory footprint, which leads to a sophomore boot up and game space load being a lot faster, and in turn results in you being allowed online, even when it’s the same ‘supposedly unreliable’ connection.

The way I played the game up to now is this:

I started out at Lille, France. I played the first levels in SP, and went full blown MP later on. I started with quick jobs until I could afford buying a truck, without taking a loan from the bank. I gave that first job to a hired trucker and continued with quick jobs. I did this until I bought my second garage in Innsbruck (right in the middle of the map) and filled that one with trucks. When I had only one spot free on that garage, I bought a Mercedes truck for myself and started tuning it. I kept on buying trucks and assigning drivers to those too. I bought another garage at Bialistock and another one at Budapest and kept buying trucks and assigning drivers. From the third garage on, I did take loans from the bank, but at that point I had assured a (tiny but…) steady flow of money.

At some point, my idea was reaching a point where money never stops piling up and get on with driving a car, enjoying the ‘landscape simulator’ side of the game, getting to know all of the map and taking screenshots of everywhere I go. As of right now, I can’t stop doing jobs, even though I already have a car and have more than enough money to go on a world wide trip. What I’m thinking about right now is trying to achieve a ‘convoy job’ with other fellow drivers, and that is done through ‘external contracts’, arranging all convoy drivers to take the same ‘currently available’ job and doing it all at the same time.

Abiding the rules of the road, just like in the real world, is something that can never be stressed enough. Everyone should really take this very seriously. Some people do, some others don’t.

I’m planning to get an earphone headset with a microphone equipped, so I can use the CB radio and try discord or whatever else the world is using and I’m missing.

Things I could say to new comers:

• Drive with a driving wheel, not the keyboard. If you don’t own a wheel, get one. Even the cheapest chinese alternatives are better than ‘the arrow keys’.
  • Map your keys to your liking and comfort. Spend as much time as you need trying out different possibilities until you find one that suits you.
  • Use ‘security lights’ only in the event of having no other option than to stop in the bankside at nowhere land in the middle of the road, or when entering or leaving towns. At least, that’s what I do. And don’t abuse the horn or the light horn.

Anyway, I’ll keep playing this game for what I think will be a very long time, and expect it to be fun all the way. Hope this was interesting to anyone reading it, and also to see any of you down the road some time! Cheers,

Pol.

337254467_TruckerMPsignature2(150px).jpg.55bd2a1405f75455b7852f8fe366b199.jpg

I drive so About 2 years on MP and I see so many Players with mods. I feel that 1 of 2 Players driving with mods. And i want to drive with mods too. But I'm afraid to have 2 years ban. Can i use Mods in the MP:

25 minutes ago, The Doctor 46 2.0 said:

Conduzco aproximadamente 2 años en MP y veo tantos jugadores con modificaciones. Siento que 1 de 2 jugadores conducen con modificaciones. Y también quiero conducir con modificaciones. Pero tengo miedo de tener 2 años de prohibición. ¿Puedo usar Mods en el MP:

Hy

Look on the main page there is a section of the rules which details in specific terms which if and which are not allowed on TMP servers modifications for trucks; but as a tip, try to make any modifications not "levitating" or separated from the truck; this is the link with TMP rules of save editing ; I advise you to read them in depth, now also if you continue with doubts you can send a Ticket to the division support, they will guide you and indicate whether or not it is modifications legal , and if you also don't know where or how they are made, most of those modifications are with MOD mods or unofficial mod pages.

I hope I've helped you in your doubts, happy trucking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Pol_Master,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived