Is there discrimination against Scout drivers?

Mabataki

5 hours ago, akuponcture said:

We're playing a Truck Simulation game and we get rammed by cars, it triggers me a lot.

As much as i hate the continuous trolling with the cars i wouldnt want it to be removed since it brings some variety to the traffic. But as you said its stupid that a small car bumping the side of a truck will cause the truck to fly off the road. But i guess theres no way fixing that. It probably would have been done by now if it was possible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they are trolls and they stay trolls.   

had been online a few minutes ago and had five of those trolls on the wrong side of the highway trying to volley everything that moves...  

in the citys a lot of 300+ ping guys fail to go around the corner or go 100meter straight. 

this cars should be removed period.  its a TRUCK SIMULATOR  not a GTA copy. 

In My Personal Opinion I Think Cars Should Not Be Different Or Even Discrimination On It Has Personally Nothing To Do With The Car Same As A New Truck Added To The Game , I think It All Comes Down To The Driver Of The Account As I'm An Old Ex Trial Admin From 2018 But Just Rejoined I Notice The Trolling Rate Is Still The Same Yes I Agree The Most Wreaks Are Caused By Cars But Only Because They Have More Speed And Because They Are Lighter Then A Truck Allowing Them To Move Quickly. 

- Project Manager Of VCC : https://vcc-online.eu/ 

Owner : Of Airlift Legends Community & CEO Of Airlift Legends Trucking [ AL ]   
AL - Discord : 
https://discord.gg/wMb8ng6WfV 

Personally I'm a fan of the Skoda Superb. (15 years ago I even drove one as a taxi driver IRL). Not only would I like the car to stay, but I would like to have more cars - not just Skoda - to be introduced in the game, and I would like more options as how to tweak and upgrade them in the in-game chop shops. I'd also like a bigger variety of car trailers for cargo.

Sure, some trolls likes to use them, but guess what? Those trolls will still be in the game, if you take away the Skoda. They won't disappear. They just switch to a different vehicle. What happens when they start trolling in a Volvo FH16 - do we remove that truck from the game as well?

So removing the Skoda won't help any troll issue. And since it won't help anyways, I don't think we should punish the players who actually likes the cars and drive them by the rules.

To me... there is discrimination.  I have driven the scout car maybe once? I didnt get much discrimination because scout cars were okay and they didnt do much.  I can see why there is discrimination... and even I get uneasy around scout cars.  However, if they drive respectful around everyone, I like them and they give the game a sense of realism because it shows that not the only thing on the roads is trucks.  I'm going to list all of the reasons why scout cars are discriminated against, and I am going to miss a lot, but this is from my experience. 

1. It is a trollers vehicle of choice

2. It is bugged to where if you get hit by it, you go flying

3. One and two combined causes chaos.

4. Trollers with these scouts like going into ets2 simulation 1 C-D road where they can do massive carnage.

5. Because these trollers use these cars... the similarity between different trollers is the car, so people are inclined to discriminate the car.

Those are my reasons.  Now I will share a story of more experiences with scouts, good and bad.  Yesterday afternoon I was on ETS2 simulation 1.  I decided to go onto the Calais- Duisburg road, with the expectation of traffic and some damage.  I was sure to see every type and combination of vehicles available to drivers on truckersmp, including scouts.  There were some respectful scouts that were following all the rules of the road.  Admins like using scouts because their easily distinguished between other players and admins.  So I'm cool with scouts on the road.  Then comes the trollers.  They used scouts to run through all of the trucks.  They don't care if their committing a lot of carnage. That is actually what they want to do.  To me... it's not the car it's the people driving them.  Something I like to say is a weapon by itself cannot cause harm, the people in control of the weapon can.  In this case, the scout is the weapon and the people are the trollers.  You don't want to take away the scout car from everyone, you want the people who are responsible to have the scout.  

18 hours ago, DECTRUCKING said:

To me... there is discrimination.  I have driven the scout car maybe once? I didnt get much discrimination because scout cars were okay and they didnt do much.  I can see why there is discrimination... and even I get uneasy around scout cars.  However, if they drive respectful around everyone, I like them and they give the game a sense of realism because it shows that not the only thing on the roads is trucks.  I'm going to list all of the reasons why scout cars are discriminated against, and I am going to miss a lot, but this is from my experience. 

1. It is a trollers vehicle of choice

2. It is bugged to where if you get hit by it, you go flying

3. One and two combined causes chaos.

4. Trollers with these scouts like going into ets2 simulation 1 C-D road where they can do massive carnage.

5. Because these trollers use these cars... the similarity between different trollers is the car, so people are inclined to discriminate the car.

Those are my reasons.  Now I will share a story of more experiences with scouts, good and bad.  Yesterday afternoon I was on ETS2 simulation 1.  I decided to go onto the Calais- Duisburg road, with the expectation of traffic and some damage.  I was sure to see every type and combination of vehicles available to drivers on truckersmp, including scouts.  There were some respectful scouts that were following all the rules of the road.  Admins like using scouts because their easily distinguished between other players and admins.  So I'm cool with scouts on the road.  Then comes the trollers.  They used scouts to run through all of the trucks.  They don't care if their committing a lot of carnage. That is actually what they want to do.  To me... it's not the car it's the people driving them.  Something I like to say is a weapon by itself cannot cause harm, the people in control of the weapon can.  In this case, the scout is the weapon and the people are the trollers.  You don't want to take away the scout car from everyone, you want the people who are responsible to have the scout.  

a weapon itself cause harm .. a lot of it...    a gun on the dashboard or the table might get you killed ..... by a other gun.   

if you get punshed to death you got killed by someone   if you got shot you got killed by a weapon .   no need to try to twist or turn it. 

get rid of the cars and you get rid of a lot of this trolls with them.  

21 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

a weapon itself cause harm .. a lot of it...    a gun on the dashboard or the table might get you killed ..... by a other gun.   

if you get punshed to death you got killed by someone   if you got shot you got killed by a weapon .   no need to try to twist or turn it. 

I respectfully disagree with your opinion of withdrawing the Scouts from public use, because if you think, once the scouts are eliminated the trolls will use something else to build the chaos of old, if they used to use a small car before, it will now be a big truck like an FH16 or Scania and it would be the same thing but in different format eliminate the scout will not solve anything at all; you'll just change the way the problem will occur; I'm telling you as an active Driver of the Scout, the is the player that causes the violation and not the [scout] medium as it is a machine that does not work alone. The player is responsible for the actions and not the Scout.

1 hour ago, Moritaka said:

I respectfully disagree with your opinion of withdrawing the Scouts from public use, because if you think, once the scouts are eliminated the trolls will use something else to build the chaos of old, if they used to use a small car before, it will now be a big truck like an FH16 or Scania and it would be the same thing but in different format eliminate the scout will not solve anything at all; you'll just change the way the problem will occur; I'm telling you as an active Driver of the Scout, the is the player that causes the violation and not the [scout] medium as it is a machine that does not work alone. The player is responsible for the actions and not the Scout.

Thank you for the defense.  I love the scout.  It's an awesome car.  I like how you put it... the player is responsible for the actions and not the scout.

At the end of the day the cars themselves may not be the issue, the drivers of them can be. 

Personally though I think it's only the admins who should be able to use these cars, or there could be an implementation where the cars are exclusive to VTC's and not just admins. This could help to reduce the amount of trolls in scouts though of course it wouldn't stop them using trucks.  

What could be an idea is to have a thing where if someone crashes into another player, they could be automatically kicked from the server for about five minutes. If they do that again, it could be a one day ban.

11 hours ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

At the end of the day the cars themselves may not be the issue, the drivers of them can be. 

Personally though I think it's only the admins who should be able to use these cars, or there could be an implementation where the cars are exclusive to VTC's and not just admins. This could help to reduce the amount of trolls in scouts though of course it wouldn't stop them using trucks.  

What could be an idea is to have a thing where if someone crashes into another player, they could be automatically kicked from the server for about five minutes. If they do that again, it could be a one day ban.

Honestly more than an exclusive use for VTC, I say that their use must be unlocked on player merits, either for help in maintaining order, if you are in a VTC or by use of the forum, because if we analyze the situation, trolls using scouts are problematic in any vehicle; while others enjoyed the Scout with respect for others, we would be harmed if they took away this option of "getting out" of the trucks for a while because of some few who do not play for the love of the game, but to simply arm chaos and disorder, they should be restricted from using and if they are banned using the scout they should be prohibited from using them or any similar measure.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:41 AM, seth_haveron said:

No, you really won't.

Trolls have existed long before the Scout came along, and will continue to exist as long as there's a means for them to have their "fun". Getting rid of the car would accomplish nothing other than simply making trolls go back to using trucks. I don't know why people keep getting this idea that getting rid of the car would solve all the problems; it's clearly a lack of understanding with regards to how a troll works.

22 hours ago, McclaudEagle said:

No, you really won't.

Trolls have existed long before the Scout came along, and will continue to exist as long as there's a means for them to have their "fun". Getting rid of the car would accomplish nothing other than simply making trolls go back to using trucks. I don't know why people keep getting this idea that getting rid of the car would solve all the problems; it's clearly a lack of understanding with regards to how a troll works.

jes it will. 

trolls use the car for its broken traits.   traits trucks dont have.   especialy for its broken physics.  

do you ever tryed to counter a car that is pushing against you ??  its pointless... this little car is pushing you out of youre line like your truck+ cargo is nothing. 

the same for ramming ... they swat you away like a pile of junk .... while you hit a brickwall in return .... 

some of these trolls are ONLY online to fu... up other player ... 

now take away theyre toys .... and you leave them vulnerable....  a truck can be counterd easly .... a car not. 

the one who just want to troll will most likely leave for good .....the other tryhards will have a hard time with the changed going then. 

now they can be stopped ... now they have the same weakness they used to abuse with the cars before. 

and i rather want to deal with trolls in trucks .... (knowing im able to stop them) .... then simply beeing a victim to biased cars driven by trolls. 

I think most people have a negative stereotype against Scout drivers.
But unfortunately, they have voluntarily made most people do such a thing, through a wide variety of accidents.

Of course, even a good, well-mannered user won't be free from this stereotype if he or she drives a Scout.

I know it is quite unreasonable, but I've also experienced this several times, and I'd like to say this.

"what goes around comes around"

If you want to be free from the stereotype as much as possible,

then keep trying to prove yourself that you are a good, well-mannered driver as always, even if you drive a Scout?✨

On 4/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, seth_haveron said:

jes it will. 

trolls use the car for its broken traits.   traits trucks dont have.   especialy for its broken physics.  

do you ever tryed to counter a car that is pushing against you ??  its pointless... this little car is pushing you out of youre line like your truck+ cargo is nothing. 

the same for ramming ... they swat you away like a pile of junk .... while you hit a brickwall in return .... 

some of these trolls are ONLY online to fu... up other player ... 

now take away theyre toys .... and you leave them vulnerable....  a truck can be counterd easly .... a car not. 

the one who just want to troll will most likely leave for good .....the other tryhards will have a hard time with the changed going then. 

now they can be stopped ... now they have the same weakness they used to abuse with the cars before. 

and i rather want to deal with trolls in trucks .... (knowing im able to stop them) .... then simply beeing a victim to biased cars driven by trolls. 

I disagree with you respectfully because if we analyze the Scout, it is a "truck" since it is based on the model of one of these, therefore we conclude that both hit just as hard and can cause the same level of damage, now the difference lies in the level of acceleration the Scout possesses as a car; and if we're based on you said that if you take the toys from the kids, they're gone, make sure that doesn't happen, just look for another one and they'll find back to the Trucks and the problem will remain only in different shape since someone boring from the rules or playing with others, they only care about making chaos and it doesn't matter how.

I always said it and I will keep saying it: "it is the player who is the irresponsible, not the vehicle since it requires someone to drive it"

All in all it's an endless circle which the admins find themselves in, and slowly they are doing what they can to drown out the trolls.

On 4/12/2020 at 5:37 PM, Moritaka said:

because of some few who do not play for the love of the game, but to simply arm chaos and disorder, they should be restricted from using and if they are banned using the scout they should be prohibited from using them or any similar measure.

would totaly support that

Skoda itself is not wrong, but the wrong people use it in the wrong way, we can not blame the car

China Chenxi VTC COO --- 中国晨曦俱乐部首席运营官

Chinese  --- English     

*Asia's first TruckersMP official verified VTC*

Our goal is the stars and the sea  

寻求帮助 I 规则 I 中文板块 I 封禁申诉 I 反馈 I 招聘

I think the trucks intentionally crash Skoda and make him fly or turn him off to the ground.
For your information, I was hit by trucks while driving on the C-D road, and I was angry and threw the game.
I recommend deleting Skoda, but I think it's better not to delete it if you don't let someone else fall to the ground when they intentionally collide me.

I hope it gets fixed or deleted quickly.

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

On 4/12/2020 at 11:37 AM, Moritaka said:

Honestly more than an exclusive use for VTC, I say that their use must be unlocked on player merits, either for help in maintaining order, if you are in a VTC or by use of the forum, because if we analyze the situation, trolls using scouts are problematic in any vehicle; while others enjoyed the Scout with respect for others, we would be harmed if they took away this option of "getting out" of the trucks for a while because of some few who do not play for the love of the game, but to simply arm chaos and disorder, they should be restricted from using and if they are banned using the scout they should be prohibited from using them or any similar measure.

I would totally agree to order and release the use of Scouts according to the player's performance, being a member of a VTC or being part of the TMP team; Perhaps this way you can stop stigmatizing this group of drivers.

I generally agree with the sentiment that it's not the vehicle but the driver - but I feel there is a good reason why most reckless drivers (at least in my own experience) use the scout cars - because the physics are broken. It is basically a huge, heavy truck compressed into a tiny capsule of a Skoda; according to my experiences, and this basically sends the signal that the scout car is perfect for ramming without consequence.

I think in order to fix this problem - the developers would either have to fix the physics of the cars; or implement a safety feature instead - for example; a way more fragile damage system that would kill the Skoda and damage it to 100% after being hit like two or three times in order to encourage safer driving in these cars.

Interesting topic.

Look, discrimination in itself I would not call it as such, but if there is a different treatment for players since since when its use was released to the general public, the Scout is known as a car of chaos or by predilection of trolls or hackers ; This has led to a stigmatization of scout drivers and leads some players to want the car removed.

But also some do not understand that it is a machine and that it is not driven alone, but that there is someone behind this wheel and therefore it is a player who makes all the chaos; It is not the car but the player who creates the chaos, but yes ... personally I would prefer more regulation to be able to lead a scout.

Archived