Is there discrimination against Scout drivers?

Mabataki

When I drive through the server, it is my turn to observe certain situations of characters driving Scouts and generating accidents or the like; this kind of situations leads me to think the reasons why some players scream demanding the removal of this famous little car, but in addition to that it leaves me thinking that if this situation is so true, in which sometimes when driving by the C-D [example] it reads in the chat: "Remove the Scout - all Scouts are idiots - the scouts should never have existed" and also when it's my turn to drive one of these cars, it's different the deal, because as I said at the beginning, some players they only use it to create chaos, then it leads some players to hate and "eliminate" this car and thereby do bad deeds or see in less the "scout drivers"; personally if I've touched that I'm doing this kind of maneuver against my car, but it's so kind of a kind of "discrimination" or different treatment than those Scouts.

Comment that you think about whether there is this differentiation over other players.

veN4E0j.png  -> "The Scout"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is a discrimination between the players who drive Skoda and those who do not.  I say this because, as you said above, some players use it only to create chaos.  When I go with skoda I like to go slowly (especially on the CD), when I go by truck I give a lot of players who go by car that always surpass the players and always go with a speed of 110km / h. This is why it causes  much more chaos.  In conclusion, all Skoda drivers are discriminated against by others because of the trolls

the simulation server would much be funnier if you can drive as fast as you will, while also driving defensive enough when other players are near. i can't understand this. i think the players itself should be responsive how fast they drive. what makes absolutely no sense to drive a skoda on a highway 110kmh with a caravan attached that shakes when you drive over 100km/h anyway.  someone should unlock the skodas car mod and fix this things. and please remove the speedlimit.

A lot of it comes down to blaming the minority as guilty too through the actions of the majority. While there are players who drive the Skoda and keep within the rules a lot of people are so used to the cars being used by trolls (past experiences included) and will automatically categorise them all into one group. Just my two cents but removal of the car altogether is a bit extreme as people do enjoy driving them however it could be worth putting restrictions on where they are permitted i.e keep them out of the whole Calais-Duisburg area or just keep them to Arcade servers.

Passenger vehicles add to a more realistic picture of road traffic which is why I welcome different types of vehicles.

In the past, the Scout was preferably used by trolls to cause mayhem, as it was fast in acceleration and top speed.

Today it does not make much difference as all vehicles are restricted to the same speed limit of max. 110 km/h.

Maybe the mentioned discrimination is a relict of these times.

The Skoda hate is a little overboard. Yes, there are a bunch of trolls that use them. But, if you remove the Scout car from the game, those trolls will just continue to use trucks for their trolling pleasure.

Its not the vehicle, its the person driving the vehicle.

TruckersMP Retired Game Moderator

sincerely you don't see much of this differentiation anymore, but it still exists in certain areas or players, and if you go to the C-D it's clear that there will be someone who asks for the removal of this car; but as they've said before it's the fault of the driver and not the vehicle, because if you put a troll inside a scout or a truck it will be the same result would be to build chaos, and additionally I would say that trolls or hackers have returned to using trucks because in the long run it is the same as a scout.

22 minutes ago, Moritaka said:

sincerely you don't see much of this differentiation anymore, but it still exists in certain areas or players, and if you go to the C-D it's clear that there will be someone who asks for the removal of this car; but as they've said before it's the fault of the driver and not the vehicle, because if you put a troll inside a scout or a truck it will be the same result would be to build chaos, and additionally I would say that trolls or hackers have returned to using trucks because in the long run it is the same as a scout.

I respectfully disagree. The Skoda has God awful physics which clearly shows it shouldn't be used or added at this point. How many times have you seen a Skoda flip while taking a turn or crash face to face with a truck? Countless times. I believe the speed should be limited on the Skoda so their drivers don't crash into every other trucker on the road because "omg it's slippery i can't control it". We're in a trucking game after all, we should make do with what we have in the game.

I'm not addressing the trolls, I'm addressing the players who unintentionally cause an accident.

There is only a small number of players who drive the Skoda with care but to remove it i don't agree with as i'd like to see more variety on the roads which is why it would be cool imo to add more cars or vans that us players could use to add that variety to the game. 

many scout drivers drive abolutely recklessly and create a mess. This is possible because the scout has better acceleration than any truck. Thats why people dont like the scout. For me it can stay but it should be banned from CD road because they count as useless traffic and useless traffic is forbidden on CD road anyway.

sticker.jpg

40 minutes ago, xenophobia said:

Respetuosamente no estoy de acuerdo. El Skoda tiene una física horrible de Dios que muestra claramente que no debe usarse o agregarse en este momento. ¿Cuántas veces has visto un Skoda voltearse mientras giraba o chocaba cara a cara con un camión? Incontables veces. Creo que la velocidad debería estar limitada en el Skoda para que sus conductores no se choquen con cualquier otro camionero en el camino porque "omg es resbaladizo, no puedo controlarlo". Después de todo, estamos en un juego de camiones, deberíamos conformarnos con lo que tenemos en el juego.

No me dirijo a los trolls, me dirijo a los jugadores que accidentalmente causan un accidente.

I disagree with your opinion respectfully, if the player who drives a Scout knows that he is more sensitive and of a more rustic physiccy than a truck, he is the culprit of the accident and not the car, you may have the worst physics of all, but you still have to drive because of the physics of the car and not a truck since the latter will have a better physics. That's why he's the one who drives the culprit of the accident and not the vehicle; because if you put a troll in a truck, take it for granted that the results will be the same since a troll does not see what he is driving, he only seeks to do damage and disturb in the game others, here influences + the human factor that the machine.

46 minutes ago, xenophobia said:

I respectfully disagree. The Skoda has God awful physics which clearly shows it shouldn't be used or added at this point. How many times have you seen a Skoda flip while taking a turn or crash face to face with a truck? Countless times. I believe the speed should be limited on the Skoda so their drivers don't crash into every other trucker on the road because "omg it's slippery i can't control it". We're in a trucking game after all, we should make do with what we have in the game.

I'm not addressing the trolls, I'm addressing the players who unintentionally cause an accident.

But friend, if you think, why would you drive a vehicle with a doubtful reputation at stability and safety at those speeds at 110 km / hr, not counting the caravan, it gets worse there, since the caravan will add more instability to the vehicle Because with my friends we always drive scouts at an average speed of 85 km / hr and we have never lost control or something like that.

Then as others have said here, it is based more on how the player drives the Scout on how the Scout is, since if he is someone who only wants speed, he will take him to 110 max and he will overturn or lose control since he is a car that was made apart from trucks and for this reason it has less stability than the latter; And if you see it from the point of view of "what does a car do in a truck game?" It is because of the variety, since it will be a very simulated truck but in real life on the routes there are not only trucks, but also cars, vans, SUVs and others.

I think those who drive skoda should be more careful because, I see, those who drive skoda have many accidents. Even if I make a lot of speed at Skoda, I can drive the car properly. I see people driving a lot of troll skoda while driving. :) 

Look, if we look at it from discrimination, you don't see so much now and maybe a little before, but there is a hatred for scout drivers; But as some have said: it is the one that manages the culprit of the accidents, whether or not it is a TROLL, since if you know of the bad driving of the car you should not take it to high speeds and dangerous.

In short, it is the person who drives the car over the car itself, and it is the drivers who have earned this infamous reputation for this little car.

The term "discrimination" isn't really appropriate in this case because there isn't really a way to discriminate against Scout drivers unless you refuse to allow them to join a public convoy or something. The hatred of the Scout on the other hand simply exists because unfortunately, too many people on this forum have a delusional belief that the Scout is the bane of their existence, and not the actual troll driving it. For whatever reason, they believe that removing the Scout from the game would somehow alleviate all their woes, when in fact what it would actually do is just force trolls to use trucks, which could actually be much worse.

The Scout itself is not a problem; I drive it occasionally and actually, its handling isn't bad and its acceleration is about what you'd expect from its real life counterpart (Skoda Superb). It used to have pretty abysmal handling, but the team at TruckersMP have made significant improvements. I would wager the majority of crashes in which a Scout is involved is down to a troll than someone who legitimately failed to control it properly.

To put it simply, stop hating the Scout, hate the trolls. Removing the Scout won't solve anything; I don't know why this has to be re-iterated time and again.

It isn't just the trolls though. The trolls crash into someone whilst recording, and then make a report to an admin or moderator which then gets a player kicked or banned for nothing. 

Lately I have seen the admins making horrendous mistakes in banning the wrong players, though I guess they might not be looking at the evidence they receive properly. 

I personally drive around with skoda and caravan (so i am able to fix my car, because without the trailer i'm forced to f7), but you need to drive carefully in C - D, and i drive there just to REC trolls and have some fun.

Driving the skoda "feel different" and need to be carefull because you can loose control very fast, in high speed and when braking.

It should be preferable for not experenced guys to not drive with skoda in C - D because you can create mess easily if you loose control, and compared to truck, they are way more unstable.

Archived