New "update" in Duisburg

Tukang_batagor

Hello.

I know this is a bit late, but I want to share to you things that changed in Duisburg.

1. The service shop.

U4bbkOL.png

The service entrance used to be the black spot for drivers because its traffic jams. Now, the service has been moved from the old service location. Traffic jams should be less common now.

2.The filling station.

hdLGFMi.png

This fuel station used to be a small fuel station. Because growing enthusiasm of truckers to drive to Duisburg, now the fuel station has been upgraded.

3. The intersection.

VjLg1Ns.png

This intersection used to be a dangerous spot for truckers. Now, with the addition of traffic lights, accident should be less common now.

What is your thoughts about the new "update"?

I thought it was a great surprise after the little April Fools scenario. It’s great that TMP developers can do some slight adjustments to the map to make our experience much more present. 

With the new station added it seems like everyone is out of fuel 24-7 now, but I’m sure the hype will die down, haha. Adding onto that, I just hope that players respect the traffic lights as they’ve been added to clam down the congestion. 

Anyway, thanks to the TMP developers for making our experience much more pleasant. 

5 hours ago, [WT] Chrizzle_izzda said:

Is D-C after the update crowed? Or has there been less traffic?

Traffic has more or less stayed the same. But the jam at the repair is less-likely to occur so far. The addition of the traffic light before going into Duisburg has helped a lot to stop crashes from people pulling out when someone isn't going into Duisburg.

The road definitely hasn't decreased in traffic. Earlier today Duisburg was still backed up, but the line went all the way to the light instead of just at the old repair entrance. Flow definitely feels improved as long as people respect the lights.

The gas station,  the service and traffic lights are big changes that have helped in something to the congestion of that famous and "infamous" area but follows the traffic by the increasing inlight of players who have been influenced by the global situation, now the problems are the same as always, players who don't respect others either at the exit of services or at the gas station, or worse still in the traffic light at the Duisburg exit as some "characters" still do not respect the lights and come and pass taking with them everything that is there.

In addition, I add that a new collateral problem was created, which is that because there is a traffic light now when entering duisburg from the C-D a great traffic is formed and some go over the grass and it's quite dangerous or they go over the route but they meet someone up front, as I should do what they was made in the Brussels junction, which was "Seal" the corners they gave to overtake in a bad way, thus making sure that no wrongdoing is caused.

Having lost motivation to return to C-D after 5 years of almost exclusively driving on that route, this seems like it might just bring me back :D

I genuinely hope this will put an end to the hour-long 10 fps queues in the city.

The gas station does seem like a potential new black hole though, given the rather tricky entry and exit. Having one station per way would've probably had an even greater positive effect on traffic. 

22 minutes ago, Sowren said:

A great update?

I think an update should also be made for Calais.

Calais is rather empty in comparison to Duisburg and the main road has 4 lanes, so I don't really see what can be done to make it less crowded than it is...

Personally I do not think that making such changes would really help to improve things. 

There are quite a few players who do not respect the traffic lights and just plow right through them regardless of whether a truck is pulling out or oncoming. 

Making a gas station bigger may accommodate for more players, though at the same time it's just creating more congestion. Same goes for the service station...

What they needed to do was to re-work the entire road, instead of a single two lane stretch it should in fact be a single lane on one side and a dual lane on the other. Especially going into or coming out of Calais, either way the entire strip should be closed off and re-worked in my opinion or just closed off indefinitely. 

The majority of players it seems live on that stretch of road, most just play the game just to drive on that road yet there is a big map guys. Stop looking for trouble and or to add to the congestion and start exploring the map more instead of being dormant 

Overrall i like the new changes, but now all pushing, driving wrong way and blocking outside the new repair station, also to add in to my last tought, the attached intersection that made all that side of duisburg crazy.

The new gas fuel station outside duisburg is beatiful, but i think should be "no collision zone" since once you there all racing and ramming to get fuel as fast as they can. ?

Just came back from my first drive to the revamped Duisburg.

I honestly think that all the traffic towards the city has now moved the other way, which isn't really an improvement by any means :D

However, the new service station layout makes a whole lot more sense than it used to.

5 hours ago, [Allegiant]Sully said:

The majority of players it seems live on that stretch of road, most just play the game just to drive on that road yet there is a big map guys. Stop looking for trouble and or to add to the congestion and start exploring the map more instead of being dormant 

Ultimately, it's the players' choice. Devs can't just sit with their hands crossed and expect people to move away from that route just because it makes more sense to. It's an open world game and if people want to look for trouble and add to the congestion, let that be that. I'm sure the countless videos on youtube showing funny incidents on C-D actually helped increase the game's (and therefore TruckerMP's) popularity, so it makes sense for devs to focus on the routes that a large amount of players prefer to drive on.

just like that, it's good that the team worry about giving new airs and helping to improve things for Duisburg, but there are players who don't respect lights or preferences for exiting and entering the gas station; and if we add that they almost kill each other to see who is loading fuel faster and so get out of that place expressly, and service is a great contribution, but in my humble opinion the provision should have been left just like the ITCC, 2 entries one in each side, one giving as it was before and the other as it is now, so it won't be necessary to be hitting to get to the station and fights with the traffic light.

But we have to be very honest, it's good that TMP is helping to combat the big problems at the C-D starting point.

Small changes on the Duisburg-Calais Road were really nice, I also believe that thanks to these small details, traffic and accident will decrease. I also want to thank the Add-On Team. ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, the fuel station update is really good, I would like to see less harsh bumps though on the way into Duisburg. 

As for the repair shop, the main issue here is the junction is carnage. Too many people trying to get out and not enough space. Combine that with the amount of people who can't drive properly and live just to ruin the game for everyone by ramming and wrong way driving. It's not a positive move. Work is certainly needed to ease the flow. I would suggest making the road work so that the central reservation goes straight upto the no collission zone to try and let people in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Tukang_batagor,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived