Speed issues

uytunas

Since I do not force myself to go in between Calais- Duisburg, I mostly pass through empty roads. Why is the speed locked to 110KM /H?  I barely see someone on the road as that is pretty slow and everyone can reach to that speed. I know it is not too realistic to around 150kmh but the number of interaction is utterly low in this way. Been away for months due to profanity rules(some people really deserve that though) In my opinion, there shouldnt be limits. Because trolls hit from the other lane now.

this is a topic that always regrows, but I think it's more than settled, either by the differents or by the daily reality, the decrease the max speed has been one of the best measures against players who only cause problems and other inconveniences; this is because being lower under the limit no longer afford to run as NFS. now it's true that in real the trucks if they reach 150 km/hr, but just like in real life here at TMP it's I slow down for safety and realism reasons, because most trucks are limited. If not, think that before everything was chaos with speeds like NFS.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:15 PM, [WT] Chrizzle_izzda said:

I think if the 150kmh are allowed again there will be more accidents -> more traffic jams.

Traffic jams haven't decreased at all though. C-D is still as clogged as it used to be, and Duisburg seems to be the epicenter since nobody knows how to properly get in/out of service stations.

On 4/5/2020 at 8:42 AM, uytunas said:

Since I do not force myself to go in between Calais- Duisburg, I mostly pass through empty roads. Why is the speed locked to 110KM /H?  I barely see someone on the road as that is pretty slow and everyone can reach to that speed. I know it is not too realistic to around 150kmh but the number of interaction is utterly low in this way. Been away for months due to profanity rules(some people really deserve that though) In my opinion, there shouldnt be limits. Because trolls hit from the other lane now.

There are two issues with changing the speed limits:

1. As far as I know, the speed limit is a global variable and as such, can only affect the entire map at the same time. Increasing it elsewhere would also increase it in busy areas like the C-D Road.
  2. Ultimately, this is a simulator game.

Given that the speed limit for trucks in the majority of Europe is 90 km/h (56 mph), the TruckersMP team have been pretty lenient in giving us a 110 km/h speed limit as it is.

Hi, from my viewpoint, that speed limit is reasonable. Firstly reaction need time so it is better to keep the speed limit in a safe range. Then if the speed is too high, trucks are quite easy to lose control and the traffic accident will happen. Next, not every trucker has a good driving skill to deal with the emergency in a right way. Those may be the reason why the speed limit is 110km/h. 

On 6/4/2020 at 16:53, User 32651 said:

Sin embargo, los atascos no han disminuido en absoluto. El CD todavía está tan obstruido como solía ser, y Duisburg parece ser el epicentro ya que nadie sabe cómo entrar / salir de las estaciones de servicio.

Now the traffic jams are due to the more people on the servers that have happened lately in the world; but also if we think a little, anywhere with a lot of people tends to collapse and that doesn't exclude theentrance to duisburg; and if you add that they're very narrow the streets gives traffic. But if we see it from speed, it is the most accurate since without racing speeds, there are fewer accidents and therefore fewer truck jams in problems or stuck, but it also gives a more realistic feeling because we are honest, which route has trucks at 150 km/hr? none, so too it's based on the idea of how they said above a way back to the original idea of TMP, which is driving simulation but with real players and not the CPU.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived