Respect for another player

Moritaka

When I drive through the C-D I get to see on occasion that certain players believe that TMP is an NFS but with trucks, and therefore when someone goes slower that he, believes he has every right to surpass him and sometimes they do it in the worst possible ways as for the right-by-grass or where it is should but almost throw the truck on top of the other one that goes well and sees how it is thrown and by avoiding an impact spins and ends up crashing into the defenses or grass , gentlemen we should be aware that not all players will walk to the allowed max or making runs and are within their rights, if you like to go to the max, ok it is your right but you must respect others please, you have to remember that this is an MP and there are other players who do it their way and without running; What if time or have suffered for this action and be clear, do not hesitate, report to the player who is acting as "Troll". comments if you've seen or been affected by this kind of actions so well known and so infamous that they are those of: "Bad Overtaking" or "Reckless driving".

C'mon, we all know C-D is the road with the craziest players out there. You can't just blindly go there and expect people to drive as they'd have to, hence why that road became so popular with casual players rather than people looking for realism. If driving carefully (and otherwise legally) is your thing, ETS 2 has plenty of roads for you to do just that.

TBH, there is only one reason why one would drive on C-D: being part of the NFS-like madness that just keeps on going for the whole 550 km between the two cities.

I have actually found far more respectful players (following lane order, horning back, driving carefully) way outside the busy areas in TruckersMP; the further away you drive from the C-D mayhem, the more likely it is for you to find them.

31 minutes ago, BarkingRat said:

Vamos, todos sabemos que el CD es el camino con los jugadores más locos que hay. No se puede ir ciegamente allí y esperar que las personas conduzcan como deberían, por eso ese camino se hizo tan popular entre los jugadores casuales en lugar de las personas que buscan realismo. Si lo tuyo es conducir con cuidado (y de otro modo legalmente), ETS 2 tiene muchas carreteras para que lo hagas.

TBH, solo hay una razón por la que uno conduciría en CD: ser parte de la locura similar a NFS que solo continúa durante los 550 km entre las dos ciudades.

De hecho, he encontrado jugadores mucho más respetuosos (siguiendo el orden de los carriles, retrocediendo, conduciendo con cuidado) fuera de las áreas ocupadas en TruckersMP; cuanto más lejos maneje del caos del CD, más probabilidades tendrá de encontrarlos.

if you're right, the C-D is a crazy drive there but it's the clearest example of those actions; but to me it happened to me one of these actions far from  there, it was on the Stuttgart-Odense route, almost reaching my destination, as the Scandinavian routes in that area specifies are great passed 2 players both at 110 km/hr and one of them that came back my advance on the right and sent me to fly as I shoot against the left defense and .... asks if it Apologize.... nothing .... but what I'm going to do is some people think this is GTA online - NFS - THE CREW 2

Note: I only use C-D as an example of actions.

Well, your accident is just one example of bad drivers let loose outside C-D, but in my many thousands of kms driven outside that road, I haven't come across a single player that did anything close to what you described.

I think you should treat that accident as a one-off situation and acknowledge that not every player is as respectful or rule-obeying as you are. The best you can do against such players is to record your session and report said driver using a snippet of your video that you'd submit on the report section on the website, if that gives you extra piece of mind. I've done it for a few people and it did indeed work.

I've been driving TMP since 2015. During my travels, the worst players are not the ones driving fast. It's the ones that get stressed out by others playing how they want to play.

I can drive the speed limit on C-D road all day long. It's about half 60km/h and half 80km/h. I stick to the right edge of the road. You know how many people pass me, going well above those speeds? Hundreds, maybe thousands. A good portion of them turn on their hazards after passing to say thanks for leaving them room. Of course I get those that repeatedly flash their lights at me like I'm in the wrong or something. They number far less than trolls do, and trolls are rare for me to find. Trolls hardly ever leave the city. Most of who I run into are people just trying to relax and have a good time, in their own way. Not necessarily out to run into people, but may exceed safe driving speeds and be a bit wobbly over the road. Accidents happen and players don't seem to understand that. I see a truck pass me, only to be upside down a few minutes later when I catch up to them. I just carry on, where they eventually pass me again. All is well.

The issues come from those who are always saying "rec" or "report". Or even the ones going "ban ban <id>". Those are the trouble makers. Those are the ones that need reported. They are self-entitled players, usually. Not all of them, but the majority I run into are. I'll often take their message to a /pm and talk to them about it, and hope they apologize for their actions. If not, they end up reported. I'm always recording, but I keep silent about it. There's no need to announce it.

At the end of a day. It's a game. Play to have fun, within the rules, and we'll make it through. There's nothing wrong with going fast, or overtaking. Leave room and everyone will be fine.

Hello, depends on the area and the time you are driving, usually in certain areas [C-D] and hours appear more aggressive or "novice" players who can bring some serious problems and another not so many, but since I drive here, if it's the C-D, of course there will be crazy, but out there are the minors and if it happens you only have to record them and report them, they are more fortuitous than in the C-D, because without accidents it would not be the C-D or also called ban route.

On 4/2/2020 at 8:00 PM, Reese - Use Caution said:

I've been driving TMP since 2015. During my travels, the worst players are not the ones driving fast. It's the ones that get stressed out by others playing how they want to play.

I can drive the speed limit on C-D road all day long. It's about half 60km/h and half 80km/h. I stick to the right edge of the road. You know how many people pass me, going well above those speeds? Hundreds, maybe thousands. A good portion of them turn on their hazards after passing to say thanks for leaving them room. Of course I get those that repeatedly flash their lights at me like I'm in the wrong or something. They number far less than trolls do, and trolls are rare for me to find. Trolls hardly ever leave the city. Most of who I run into are people just trying to relax and have a good time, in their own way. Not necessarily out to run into people, but may exceed safe driving speeds and be a bit wobbly over the road. Accidents happen and players don't seem to understand that. I see a truck pass me, only to be upside down a few minutes later when I catch up to them. I just carry on, where they eventually pass me again. All is well.

The issues come from those who are always saying "rec" or "report". Or even the ones going "ban ban <id>". Those are the trouble makers. Those are the ones that need reported. They are self-entitled players, usually. Not all of them, but the majority I run into are. I'll often take their message to a /pm and talk to them about it, and hope they apologize for their actions. If not, they end up reported. I'm always recording, but I keep silent about it. There's no need to announce it.

At the end of a day. It's a game. Play to have fun, within the rules, and we'll make it through. There's nothing wrong with going fast, or overtaking. Leave room and everyone will be fine.

Not hardly... the problem IS with inconsiderate people on BOTH sides.. the ones that THINK they can overtake and attempt without regard to anyone else are just as self-entitled... I have never reported another player, or asked for a ban, etc.  but I am so constantly stressed by CD that I refuse to go anywhere near it anymore... And guess what buddy... I will guarantee you that I know how to drive... I've been doing it in commercial vehicles probably since before you were born... I finally retired 6 months ago after doing it for 22 years...  And accident's dont "just happen.."  they are caused... and most all of them are caused by driving too fast for the road conditions.. and road conditions doesn't just mean weather.. it also inclused what type of road you are on, how much visibility is available due to obstructions, etc., the road surface itself, and so on... if you are driving 120kph on a 2 lane road, that is packed with traffic, pretending you're in a Ferrari, YOU are in the wrong.. because yeah, that's how you want to play, but the moment you don't make it and touch someone else, you have interfered with THEIR enjoyment of the game. And you telling someone that they are in the wrong to report you when you made the deliberate choice to drive in an unsafe manner, the you are the one who is "self-entitled"

Yeah that's frustrating, anyway the best thing to do i guess is to rec while you driving, so in case you counter one of this type of players you have the proofs you need ?

On 4/4/2020 at 6:32 AM, KW_Driver said:

Not hardly... the problem IS with inconsiderate people on BOTH sides.. the ones that THINK they can overtake and attempt without regard to anyone else are just as self-entitled... I have never reported another player, or asked for a ban, etc.  but I am so constantly stressed by CD that I refuse to go anywhere near it anymore... And guess what buddy... I will guarantee you that I know how to drive... I've been doing it in commercial vehicles probably since before you were born... I finally retired 6 months ago after doing it for 22 years...  And accident's dont "just happen.."  they are caused... and most all of them are caused by driving too fast for the road conditions.. and road conditions doesn't just mean weather.. it also inclused what type of road you are on, how much visibility is available due to obstructions, etc., the road surface itself, and so on... if you are driving 120kph on a 2 lane road, that is packed with traffic, pretending you're in a Ferrari, YOU are in the wrong.. because yeah, that's how you want to play, but the moment you don't make it and touch someone else, you have interfered with THEIR enjoyment of the game. And you telling someone that they are in the wrong to report you when you made the deliberate choice to drive in an unsafe manner, the you are the one who is "self-entitled"

You seem to have misunderstood all of that. Real-world experience does not apply to TMP. I've been a member of society long enough to know that's the case. Accidents do not just happen, that's right. Never claimed otherwise. But they do happen, either due to a bug, some lag, or even desync. Every accident is preventable. It just takes more than once person to avoid it. If you don't try to avoid a collision, you're just as guilty as the guy causing it by speeding and overtaking when unsafe to do so.

If someone is overtaking you in an unsafe manner, give them room. Simple as that. We can all go home feeling like our stress has been lifted if we work together. Like you said, the problem is inconsiderate people on both sides.

I disagree.. I drive in TMP exactly how I drove for the last 20+ years IRL. Exactly... I drive from inside the cab, using Tobii so I can scan my panel and mirrors, just like IRL. I use and SKRS shifter on my G27, and work through my 13 gears exactly as I did IRL. I buttonhook my turns, GOAL before backing, and wait my turn to drop/hook/load/unload in all the customers. I pull into a rest area or Truckstop when I need to step away from the computer for a minute, or get a cup of coffee, and it works out great.. And best of all, I can just turn it off when the idiots get too bad.. yes, I give room for someone to come back in on an overtake, and even get on the CB to clear them, as well as flashing the light horn... but there's always some genius who just doesn't care and smashes into you anyway. The only non-preventable accident in TMP is a lag or sync induced accident. everything else, just like IRL is completely preventable. There are plenty of signs all over the road indicating safe speeds, dangerous conditions, and traffic control, the problem is there are too many who just don't care, and don't care if they ruin the game for others, they only care about what they want... If the game was intended to be played in that manner, then SCS wouldn't have bothered using up man hours recreating all of those signs in the game, and coding penalties.. It's pretty sad that over the last 3 years I've had to stop playing in the default game area entirely because of all the kids who think it's "FUN" to ruin other people's games.. I can't tell you the last time I drove in Germany in TMP, other than on ProMods, where none of the kiddies can go because they can't afford all the DLC's.

Any way you cut it, it should not be encourraged... put up with, in the event that TMP management doesn't want to do anything about it, fine. but it shouldn't be encouraged, or even made to appear justified.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Moritaka,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived