Road To Simulation

I've been playing this game for the past year silently, witnessing all the changes regarding "simulation", until a post about the speed limit woke me up from my hibernation. So far all the actions made to bring the game towards simulation are trying to treat the symptoms and not the problem. Speed limitations, harsh punishments and extra road rules all in the cause to reduce accidents, number of reports and reckless driving. Was it a successful effort? I highly doubt it. So according to "Road to Simulation #3" article the way to fight that is with even harsher punishments. If you keep treating the community like this, we're going to end up driving only in convoys because the servers will be dead empty.

One year is not enough to understand that this direction is wrong? You can't combat reckless driving with punishments and speed limits. They bring some positive results to the table but they also bring negative results. Before i write this post i was driving for 20 minutes alone on the highway in France. Nobody is willing to drive on the highway anymore. And concerning reckless driving, even if the speed limit was 10 km/h people would still try to overtake. But i'm not here to simply suggest to remove the speed limit. I'm here to suggest how your "Road to Simulation" vision should have been and why the changes would bring actual results.

Suggestion Name: Road to Simulation Part 1

Suggestion Description: Remove Single player accounts from the game and limit the player to one account linked to his truckersmp account

Why should it be added?: The problem of the game at this point is that it offers no real goals. Players will create a single player account, fill it with millions, add a ton of xp and then they'll join truckersmp they'll buy the best truck add a ton of modifications and start driving around with no real goal in mind. That's the root of the problem. You can get the best things in-game with no real effort and another visit to the repair-shop won't hurt your money. If the  player cant get access to millions of euros with no real effort then he'll think twice before performing a reckless overtake or trolling behavior. Right now the currency of the game has zero value. Also this will add a sense of achievement to the players (especially the hardcore community) because they'll be the ones with the best trucks with plenty of accessories. Right now the only point to do a delivery is to go from point A to point B. We need to give the player a sense of accomplishment and a reason to drive carefully.

- EDIT:

Deleted part 2 and created another post with it because it was getting late and i didn't really make myself clear.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

We're not going to restrict how much money or experience someone can have on their account for two reasons. One being, we can't really track how much money and experience the accounts have, and the second one being, the Road to Simulation project is mainly aimed at rules and how people drive, not what they drive with.

Rejected.

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions