Clutch slip in 6 speed transmission.

McLaren2

I use a 6 speed transmission in the game.I play on keyboard and I dont have any shifter,pedals or steering.Coming to the topic,when I press W for accelerating there is a clutch slip of around 500 rpm.After I press W the rpm needle jumps to 1000 rpm from 500 rpm then it pulls,this happens in every gear.And this issue makes the truck less responsive when accelerating  from a complete halt.

On 3/25/2020 at 8:19 AM, McLaren2 said:

I use a 6 speed transmission in the game.I play on keyboard and I dont have any shifter,pedals or steering.Coming to the topic,when I press W for accelerating there is a clutch slip of around 500 rpm.After I press W the rpm needle jumps to 1000 rpm from 500 rpm then it pulls,this happens in every gear.And this issue makes the truck less responsive when accelerating  from a complete halt.

sped-v messed around with the gearbox some time ago .. you might try to update it.  

or remove the wintermod out of the modfolder and not just turn it off via modmanager .. 

46 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

sped-v messed around with the gearbox some time ago .. you might try to update it.  

or remove the wintermod out of the modfolder and not just turn it off via modmanager .. 

What is sped-v? How to update the gearbox and I dont have winter or any mod installed.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:43 AM, Reaper9518 said:

I used 6 Speed Transmission on my truck, for me it was good at one point.

I always use 6-Gear gears in my truck because I think it accelerates faster. ?

On 3/29/2020 at 7:23 PM, THE ROCK - PT said:

I always use 12 , 16 or 12+2 gearbox , u get more power and control but i do have a steering wheel with clutch and gearbox.

Generally speaking. If you use a 12+ speed transmission, it takes about 1second to get the next gear ready. On a 6speed it takes almost no time from the shifting command to  the rpm to start raising again during an acceleration

2 hours ago, Daniel_Agostinho said:

Generally speaking. If you use a 12+ speed transmission, it takes about 1second to get the next gear ready. On a 6speed it takes almost no time from the shifting command to  the rpm to start raising again during an acceleration

In reality, the opposite is true.  With more gears, you have a narrower RPM spread, which allows a faster shift.  With fewer gears, you have to wait for the RPMs to fall further before you can shift to the next gear.

5 hours ago, HAR_Sabre said:

In reality, the opposite is true.  With more gears, you have a narrower RPM spread, which allows a faster shift.  With fewer gears, you have to wait for the RPMs to fall further before you can shift to the next gear.

I can see what you mean. But i'm not talking about building up revs, but shifting itself. On a 12 speed, if you change from 7th to 8th, after you've given the command you have to wait a bit before starting to accelerate again. On a 6 speed you don't have to wait for the gear to get ready and starts to build up revs almost immediatly (At least is what happens on my truck)  But sure at the end, you have to choose the best transmission for your needs.

Watch the video below to see what I mean:

On 4/4/2020 at 8:24 PM, Daniel_Agostinho said:

But i'm not talking about building up revs, but shifting itself. On a 12 speed, if you change from 7th to 8th, after you've given the command you have to wait a bit before starting to accelerate again. On a 6 speed you don't have to wait for the gear to get ready and starts to build up revs almost immediatly (At least is what happens on my truck) 

Thanks for the link to the video, I see exactly what you're talking about.  The video is actually comparing apples to oranges.  The 6-speed is an automatic transmission with a torque converter similar to what you'd have in a car, but much heavier.  The 12-speed is an automated manual gearbox with an automatic clutch.  It's a totally different technology.  The 12-speed has the delay to rev-match because it is a manual gearbox that handles the shifting and clutch automatically.  Both get the job done, it just comes down to personal preference.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived