SCS Blog: Mercedes-Benz joining the ETS 2 garage soon!

Carrythxd

i'm sure majestic will be replaced by merdeces benz   ;)

It will. "Majestic" is merely a place holder to avoid copyright issues with Mercedes until SCS could get their license to use the name and badge in the game. Now that they have it, everything that currently is labeled with "Majestic" in ETS2 will be replaced with "Mercedes-Benz". Just like Volvo and Iveco were in the past. For those who don't know, before SCS could get the license for those, Volvo was "Valiant" and Iveco was "Ivedo".

The license is not for "just one truck". It's for all trucks of that brand. The license is for the brand itself.

Some people should really get a license before even thinking about buying Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator. Drive safely, folks!

GP53e75.jpg

< < < Don't bet on sinking ships because they'll turn your chips to trash! > > >

before SCS could get the license for those, Volvo was "Valiant" and Iveco was "Ivedo".

The license is not for "just one truck". It's for all trucks of that brand. The license is for the brand itself.

That i didnt know lol,

It be good to be driving around in a crummy Benz for once hehe... (here in canada most Benz owners cant drive worth a dime lol, most cars get their first "ding" with in 6 months of ownership id guess)

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I think they got only license to use it on actros !

its possible i guess.mercedes can give the license for only a certain model if they think the old one isnt good enough or gives a wrong immage for the brand.

If they're going to give the license for the MP4 I'm sure they'll give the one for the MP3 too. Why deny advertisement they get paid for?

They might not get paid... tons of companies "have to" pay to get into a game, if a game wants to use their product they could demand a fee but that would detour the game maker of even putting it in the first place and blog about them being greedy...

Chances are it's a mutual contact based on various terms with no financial benefit to Benz. As if you like their truck in game you might just buy it in real world or use it as reference etc. Aka free publicity

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

If they're going to give the license for the MP4 I'm sure they'll give the one for the MP3 too. Why deny advertisement they get paid for?

maybe the truck isnt good enough in theyre eyes.that it might damamges theyre immage

antrax 737: because eg. I was lazy and couldn't be bothered and assumed someone else would post it, and others maybe thought the same? :P

• 2 months later...

Archived