TruckersMP supports Folding@home! Your help matters!

CJMAXiK

XK8a5Tc.pngTruckersMP supports Folding@home

About Folding@Home:

Folding@home (FAH or F@h) is a distributed computing project for simulating protein dynamics, including the process of protein folding and the movements of proteins implicated in a variety of diseases. It brings together citizen scientists who volunteer to run simulations of protein dynamics on their personal computers. Insights from this data are helping scientists to better understand biology, and providing new opportunities for developing therapeutics.

In other words:

With the help of your spare computer (GPU, CPU) and electricity resources researchers can save huge amount of money to fight global diseases, including current COVID-19 outbreak.

DISCLAIMER: Folding@home uses your spare computer resources for heavy computing!
Do not attend if you're not sure about your computer's cooling capabilities and power consumption rates!
We DO NOT provide technical support or payments/refunds for using your equipment!

TruckersMP is not affiliated with THE FOLDING@HOME CONSORTIUM and their affiliates.

TruckersMP Team Number: 250445

Team Statistics Page

How can I help?

1. Download Folding@home client https://foldingathome.org/start-folding/
  2. Use this Installations guides (for Windows, Linux and Mac OS) to install it: https://foldingathome.org/support/faq/installation-guides/
  3. When you were prompted to submit Team Number, use 250445 (it is TruckersMP Team Number).
  4. Set up your computing parameters (I recommend to set it "Only when idle" to not disturb your other valuable computing (e.g. TruckersMP:kappa:)
  5. Choose "Any Disease" in "I support research fighting" list.
  6. You're set!

Video Guide

Huge thanks to Linus Media Group for supporting this movement! You can use their Team Number (as shown in video) if you want to.

Spoiler

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING! LET'S FIGHT WORLD DISEASES TOGETHER!

• CJMAXiK changed the title to TruckersMP supports Folding@home! Your help matters!
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, TeamAudi_Chemistry_EM said:

I really want to help via my computer. however, my computer spec is not good. So I can't help them. I hope to cured all infected person. Everyone Good Luck this virus.

You don't need a super computer to start Folding. Every little helps! ?

I've been folding with the LTT team since they annouced their goal to beat the PCMR team. Looks like they've achived that now, so I'll come join the TMP team ?

Unhandled Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Signature.GetSignature()

I can't participate because of poor computer specifications. ?

I hope that the infected person will be treated as soon as possible.
Thank you TruckersMP team.

Kind Regards,

3601 / hamster

TeamAudi VTC - Event Manager

This project requires good computer configuration, I don't know if my computer supports!

My computer CPU is AMD's 8-core 16-thread,I'm not sure if my computer can help!

But I hope that the infected can get treatment as soon as possible!

I will download the Folding @ home client,Try it!

I will join the TMP team and contribute to everyone!

Come on!?

:tmp:

I dont see how this helps?

And To be honest the way I see it is that Your going to put your pc under stress even in "idle" time where your letting your pc Cool off a bit, wouldn't that just burn out your components quicker?

Also I Cant help put feel Your enabling hackers to get in easier as your all connecting to one server and basically sharing your pc?

Feel free to disagree, but this is my view on it.

Already foling @ home on my Unraid server. ?

But, because of the way the docker container works, I can't select what team It runs on ?
So, I'm pretty sure it runs on the Default team (Not, linustechtips nor TMP)

But, what counts is, its running, right? :D 

Keep folding (People who can fold), and most importantly: stay safe (everyone) ??

Best Regards

General18 

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Archived