What is your brake sensitivity set at?

DemonHunter1981

While driving on the roads of Euro Truck Simulator 2 what do you have your brake sensitivity set at. Some players have theirs set to half way when others have it set to max and then some like to be realistic as possible. I have mine currently set to fifty percent simply because I am using a keyboard to drive my truck but I am going to reduce it to thirty percent later and see how well it handles. 

@DemonHunter1981 There is no driver on a road other than the Duisburg-Calais road anyway. I usually need a high brake because I drive on the Duisburg-Calais road. :)

hy, I usually use it at 50 and 50 for any route in the MP, but when I enter the C-D route I place it at 100% because there are players who generate accidents or things like that and you need to stop as even as possible so as not to get stamped on the truck in front [ but the risk of the back truck is stamped on your trailer or truck increases in an amazing way]

My setting is:  g_brake_intensity "1.0" , which, I believe, is default. It's quite strong, but not too much to lock the wheels. Visually it's exactly in the middle of the bar, but it can be increased up to 3.0.

Anyway, air brakes only comes 3rd, after retarder and exhaust brake, under normal cicumstances. Rarely ever I find myself on the infamous C-D road, usually cause I haven't checked my route, but when I do, I end up rear ended.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:40 PM, [C-S] Mefisto said:

I'd say around 60%. That's normally more than enough but if I feel I need some more stoppage power I use the Trailer brake, rarely, but sometimes it's necesarry.

If you are already pressing the brake pedal, trailer brakes are engaged in conjuction with truck air brakes. Pressing the trailer brake button (active only while the button is pressed) in that situation won't add any extra braking power, because trailer brakes are already active.

Pressing trailer button without using brake pedal will only engage trailer brakes independently of the truck air brakes, which has only limited use in real life, but more importantly it doesn't even exist in eu trucks, it's an american thing.

Only real use for it in the game is when you want to slow down just a bit, or you can try prevent jacknifing your trailer with winter mod physics active, provided you have sharp reflexes.

The only independent trailer brake that european trucks have, is the trailer parking brake, manually operated on the actual trailer.

4 hours ago, OmSaL said:

There is no driver on a road other than the Duisburg-Calais road anyway.

Don't be delusional.

Archived