Steam Overlay Stuck when Alt+tabing out of game

Araleya

Question

I have Encountered this problem for a while now,

When i Want to check discord or something while im On ETS in TMP, I Alt+Tab and minimise the game either by using the windows Key or clicking on my other monitor,
However Maximising the game again, and alt+tab, The overlay is Stuck and The ETS pause Menu Disappears, But i cant move or do anything.

Its Really Irritating as So far the only way i know to get rid of it is to Task manger Close ETS, because Trying to close the game from the task bar doesn't work.

Is this a TMP issue or an SCS Issue, as Before the dx11 Update i didn't have any issues.

7 answers to this question

Hello @Candy Heart :)

First of all, Thank you for creating a Topic on our Forum.

Unfortunately the issue you are encountering is a TruckersMP Bug, but it is already known.

There is even a way to work around this bug, so you won't have to restart the Game everytime.

Please have a look at this Guide, it provides a Video which explains this workaround: 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png

I am Aware of the F1 Bug, And that guide is very helpful, thank you.

However My bug is different, I Bring Up my steam overlay Which pauses ETS I then click off on my other screen to go look at something else like discord, Which minimises the game, When i click back on the Game from my task bar it bring it up But i can not get rid of the Steam Overlay By pressing alt+Tab Yet i can still then press f1 and hear all the in game sounds, as the game has unused itself But the steam overly is Stuck on. 

I am currently trying to Replicate this bug to show it as a video.

Hello again!

This is also a known Bug, but it does not occur every session.

It also does not depend on the Steam overlay, but happens every time you tab out of the game.

The best way to work around this is, to Start TruckersMP until you reach the Login Screen. Then tab out and back in. If the Game froze, restart it and try again.

Repeat this until the Game doesn't freeze when tabbing out and then you can play without worrying about it.

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png