Add Highway patrol teams?

Colonel Leon MP

Should there be a Highway patrol added to TMP. Not a police officers or admins but a team that would go around a map when there is a lot of people online and if they come around traffic jams block routes to that place and divert traffic to take alternate routes to their destination. They could also do the job of  convoy control, something like you see in base game with special loads. They would drive trucks with traffic advisors like they all ready have in base game and could close  down lanes, stuff like that. What do you think about this?

ophodnja 2.jpg

ophodnja.jpg

Hello, 

This is a good idea and think it would make the game more realistic, however in busy areas where you would need this like in a real life situation, probably wouldn't work. There are some drivers who would just take advantage of this. This would need a lot of people to work in the team together for this to have the best impact which could be hard to do :)

Hey,

I will just drop it here :

§2.6 - Inappropriate Convoy Management / Car Abuse*

Convoy pilots are not permitted to slow down, block or control traffic, acting as a moderator and otherwise abusing the pilot scheme paint job. You are not permitted to take a convoy into highly populated area intentionally. This can include (but is not limited to) Calais, Duisburg, Calais-Duisburg road or surrounding areas.

Regards,

This is only possible on Real Operations events, because it's done by staff members only who are trained to do it.

Something like this would get easily abused by players as they would think they have "power" over others and can block watchever they want or enforce rules.

Definitely yes for RO events, definitely no for public use.

banner

hy, could not be carried out for a simple reason: "abuse of power" by some players who would feel very empowered over others when they don't have it besides that if you think about it, only GMs have the ability to order traffic as they have been trained to know when yes or not they are being committed infringements or how to properly manage traffic and where to tip the scales; on the other some players wouldn't know those factors and the result can be terrible as some would have misconceptions about what is right and wrong. for example: if there is traffic a GM knows which via will be more important and thus facilitate the decongestability of that route while some players will not be able to be clear towards which route to prioritize and so tilt the scales.

it's an interesting idea but it won't work as some players might not abuse their power over others, and thereby lead to other problems by lack of judgment and use/abuse of the power conferred to maintain order on the servers; in addition to the role of GM, trained in maintain order and decide the actions to be performed correctly and accurately.

9 minutes ago, EURITOS WRC said:

it's an interesting idea but it won't work as some players might not abuse their power over others, and thereby lead to other problems by lack of judgment and use/abuse of the power conferred to maintain order on the servers; in addition to the role of GM, trained in maintain order and decide the actions to be performed correctly and accurately.

3 hours ago, Chris [PL] said:

This is only possible on Real Operations events, because it's done by staff members only who are trained to do it.

Something like this would get easily abused by players as they would think they have "power" over others and can block watchever they want or enforce rules.

Definitely yes for RO events, definitely no for public use.

I would love to see it, honestly. However, I agree with these comments - It would be abused by players, to show-off their "power". This doesn't apply to everyone obviously, but half of the players would use it in that matter.

Subiiii
Former TruckersMP
199483566_role_GameModerationTrainee.png339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
TruckersMP Support System | TruckersMP Rules | Knowledge Base | Feedback | Reports | Appeals

Maybe some of you didn't quite understand me at first, idea wouldn't that every player can just pick up a truck model and do that job. There would be a special role added to TFM same as there are Game Moderators, Event Staff and rest of them. You would need to pass training and then have trial period. Same as for Game Moderators. Having every player be able to do this "job" would be insane as I agree with you that it would cause chaos and abusing.

8 hours ago, Dreamy' said:

I would love to see it, honestly. However, I agree with these comments - It would be abused by players, to show-off their "power". This doesn't apply to everyone obviously, but half of the players would use it in that matter.

1 hour ago, Colonel Leon MP said:

Maybe some of you didn't quite understand me at first, idea wouldn't that every player can just pick up a truck model and do that job. There would be a special role added to TFM same as there are Game Moderators, Event Staff and rest of them. You would need to pass training and then have trial period. Same as for Game Moderators. Having every player be able to do this "job" would be insane as I agree with you that it would cause chaos and abusing.

Sadly I still do not see it coming, that would be too much to manage as It'd be added as a "Team". Plus training wouldn't really avoid any "power" abuse, considering anyone could pass the "test".

Subiiii
Former TruckersMP
199483566_role_GameModerationTrainee.png339458068_role_Translator(1).png.1c7213d
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
TruckersMP Support System | TruckersMP Rules | Knowledge Base | Feedback | Reports | Appeals

Whilst this is a fun idea I dont really see why it would be needed

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

Just now, Sgt Salt said:

Whilst this is a fun idea I dont really see why it would be needed

Yes, I agree with my friend, although this is a fun idea, I don't understand why it would be necessary. I agree with you. ?

Hello

I do not see the need to add to the game something you have proposed, because this role is played by the game moderators and the event team, and only they should perform such a function.

Regards

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

I do not like this idea and I will explain why. I can not speak for others but only myself on this matter. Once I have reached my destination where I pick up my cargo and prepare for my journey I do not need to be diverted elsewhere simply because of a large amount of traffic. In real life we deal with various amounts of traffic jams each day. Some are small and some take forever to get through but we manage it. Another reason I do not like this idea is the fact that various players might use this option to troll other players into making them travel further then they have to. I would simply leave it up to the staff team of TruckersMP to do such things as they have the proper communications and directions into what is going on and the reason for the diverting. 

That might be a good idea, but then everyone wanted to be Highway Patrol and it will cause chaos, it is a matter if you stop and think until it is good to discuss. That's my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived