Project Update: Save Editing

Smoky

6 minutes ago, marco6158 said:

Good afternoon everyone,

A minor rule update will be coming soon in order to clear out some doubts many players have been forwarding us in the past hours, however, before that happens I would like to clear out some confusion here. While basically any sort of save editing is allowed (unless excessive and that affects other players), you also have to consider the other rules too. More specifically, the auto-kick features that our servers have, mentioned in the rule §5.1.

Players will get automatically kicked from the servers for the following (plus the other things mentioned in the rules):

• Using a truck trailer with the Scout car;
  • Using a caravan with any truck;
  • Using unsupported accessories (such as the trailers contained in the Special Cargo DLC, both for ATS and ETS2).

For this reason, using save editing to go around the servers' auto-kicks is classed as Bug Abusing and subject to a Permanent ban according to the rule §2.1. Please keep in mind that using unsupported DLCs (especially through save editing) and going around server automated kicks has always been against rules and it still is.

Thank you for understanding.

Thank you for updating :)

Chemistry_TMP

TeamAudi Project Manager

6 minutes ago, marco6158 said:

For this reason, using save editing to go around the servers' auto-kicks is classed as Bug Abusing and subject to a Permanent ban according to the rule §2.1. Please keep in mind that using unsupported DLCs (especially through save editing) and going around server automated kicks has always been against rules and it still is.

I knew it, saw someone on promods with a triple that had a caravan on the end & when i questioned it they said is allowed....I knew i was right saying its not! Thanks for proving me right...

2 hours ago, Redux GB said:

With this recent change, does this mean this is allowed or is there still restrictions against it? (Large beacons on the top bar) https://prnt.sc/rmm21n

To my understanding, as long as it doesn't affect other users in terms of lag, this should be perfectly fine! In my opinion, that shouldn't affect anyone.

Hope that helps, @Redux GB!

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

On 3/17/2020 at 2:55 PM, LordBenji said:

Already having some experience maneuvering double trailers and a little bit for HCT trailers (in terms of reversing them), I've already took a few cargo jobs with my b-triple (short container) setup, despite that it can be a bit challenging to reverse it.

Nice to know I'm not the only one used to B-triples.

For visual aid for what a "b-triple (short container)" looks like.

This is my 3x 20ft containers setup.

B_triple_20ft_containers.png.820a2ec7b6f75e9dee8c57bea5a6392c.png

I also tried one with 3x B trailers. The extra 5th wheel on the back caused problems with loading in some companies.

Been also experimenting with custom B trailers, and mixed consists.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2020 at 12:32 PM, Redux GB said:

With this recent change, does this mean this is allowed or is there still restrictions against it? (Large beacons on the top bar) https://prnt.sc/rmm21n

That's fine, I also think it's a addon hookup local mod due that it's on a roof bar.

19 hours ago, fabricator77 said:

This is my 3x 20ft containers setup.

I love using the 2 axles container trailers, as they are shorter and doesn't cause as much troubles as a full length b-triple.

If you're interested to have more technical information about ETS2, about weight and performance, etc., keep on reading.

Did you know that the shortest owned two axles container (gooseneck) single trailer, weighing 2800 kg, is the lightest trailer ever in ETS2? No we're not going to count the dollies. But yeah that container trailer is lighter than the single axle curtain side trailer that is 4160 kg.

As for the "job" trailers (non owned by default), the lightest trailer is the Schwarmüller slide post (logs) at 5400 kg, while the SCS flatbed, gooseneck (container) and log trailers are at 5800 kg. I'm not going to include the dollies and center axles trailers though. The open top (yellow tipper) trailer is at 6500 kg, and the Schmitz kipper solid (tipper or s_ki_solid) trailer is at 6600 kg. All those numbers are when these trailers are empty.

Also, the Mercedes Actros 2009, in a 4x2 configuration, is the lightest chassis weighing only 6754 kg (combined kerb weight), without taking into consideration the 600 liters fuel tank, which would still make it the lightest chassis if we assume that one liter of fuel is 1 kg. Combine that with a 6 speed transmission, and your favorite engine (730 vs 750), and you will have a beast!

I'm not saying that the other trucks aren't good though, the Iveco Stralis 4x2 is 6775 empty tank and 8075 full tank. The Daf XF105 Euro 5 is 6917 empty, and 7917 or 8417 full tank, depending if you have extra tank capacity or not.

I've also read that someone mentioned that the Renault T is "good" and "faster" than some other trucks... Actually, it's among the heaviest trucks in a 4x2 configuration, at 7612 empty, and 8657 or 9087 full, depending if you have extra tank capacity or not. The Renault Premium is at 7657 empty, and 8657 full.

I've also been seeing people using 8x4 trucks with their small trailer (often 1 axle single trailer). Just a reminder that these trucks are among the heaviest, starting at 11900 kg (empty tank), and their turning radius is much higher. They are designed to haul heavy/oversize cargo.

Also, if you want to know the truth about which engine is the best between the Volvo and Scania, yes the Volvo has more torque than the Scania, by a whopping 50 NM!!! If you do care about that 0.14s difference with a 10 tons load (and 4.1 tons trailer), sure go ahead. I still prefer the Scania engine for the extra RPM, since the Volvo FH16 2009 is capped to 2300 RPM and the FH16 2012 is capped at 2000 RPM.

Although, the difference between 2300 and 2500 RPM can be insignificant depending on the scenario. The speed difference can be as much as 16 km/h for one of the highest top speed transmissions, which is already pretty hard to reach within the game... Performance wise, there's not much to gain to go as high as 2500 RPM, I rarely shift over 2000 RPM, but sometimes I like the feel of going as high as possible.

But in the end, it's still a matter of personal preferences, and yeah I might still be biased to lean towards Scania over Volvo.

Are you still hungry for even more technical information? Alright just keep on going.

Did you know that among all the trucks in a 4x2, 12 speed (direct drive) configuration, with their respective maxed out engines, no save editing implied, the fastest accelerating truck is... The Scania R 2016? It's actually 0.3 seconds faster than its S series brother without a trailer and 0.6 seconds faster with a 10 tons load (4.1 tons trailer). Why is that? It all comes to the speed at which the gearbox changes gear. The weight of the Volvo and Scania trucks in a 4x2 configuration are very similar, with a full fuel tank, except the Scania S, because it's 300 kg heavier... As for the transmission, well the Scania 2009 has a 0.9 shift speed (1.0 is default) for any of the 12 speeds or higher transmissions, and 0.7 for the Scania 2016. How much does it impact performances? We're speaking about roughly 1.5 seconds difference with that 10 ton loaded trailer.

Also, is there a big difference in performance between automatic without adaptive transmission, and with high power mode? The answer is simply no, the difference is insignificant. We're talking about 0.02 seconds faster with adaptive off, and 10 tons loaded trailer of course. You may not want to think about fuel economy at this point though... Also it might be better to shift at higher RPM with a 6 speed (up to 2000 RPM), due that some gears have a larger gap in gear ratios.

The fastest reverse speed can be achieved with a ZF 12TX2420TD or ZF 12TX2421TD R from a Daf XF Euro 6. But since its engine is limited to 2200 RPM, it'll limit you to about 66 km/h, vs 75 km/h with a 2500 RPM engine.

The top 3 trailer types with the most cargo choices are

1. Curtain side (131) which includes ADR explosives loads
  2. Dry van (127)
  3. Flatbed container (60) which includes both flatbed and container loads

And top 3 with the least choices...

1. Log (4) yep, that's right, it's cool looking, but really not that good
  2. Flatbed brick (6) yeah shame there's not much choice either
  3. Flatbed (21)

The heaviest gross weight possible in the game would be achieved with a full tank in the Mercedes Actros 2014 8x4, hauling a condensator (oversize), for a total of about 95.3 tons! That's if I didn't fail my math... Don't worry, I did them all in high school.

Heaviest weight for largest HCT of each type are

• Curtain: 49.9T (bottled water)
  • Reefer: 47.0T (beverages)
  • Log: 45.6T (large tubes)
  • Flatbed: 51.1T (metal beams/reinforced bars)
  • Container (non-ADR): 43.4T (beverages container)
  • Container (ADR): 40.0T (heavy metal)

Lightest weight for smallest single trailer of each type are

• Curtain: 1.7T (harvest bins)
  • Reefer: 1.0T (cut flowers)
  • Log: 18.7T (iron pipes)
  • Flatbed: 4.8T (vent tube)
  • Container (non-ADR): 2.6T (brake fluid)
  • Container (ADR): 3.6T (nitrogen)

And I hope that info can prove helpful, for making certain choices, whether it's during save editing or just playing. Also do note that some of these values come from the game files, some where calculated, and some were tested in-game.

• Thanks 1

KkdaC1b.png

On 29/03/2020 at 04:29, fabricator77 said:

É bom saber que não sou o único acostumado a triplicar-se.

Para obter ajuda visual para a aparência de um "b-triplo (contêiner curto)".

Esta é a minha configuração de contêineres de 20 pés.

B_triple_20ft_containers.png.820a2ec7b6f75e9dee8c57bea5a6392c.png

Eu também tentei um com reboques 3x B. A quinta roda extra na traseira causou problemas com o carregamento em algumas empresas.

Também experimentei trailers B personalizados e o misto é composto.

where can i make this type of trailer with 3 trailers ??

On 3/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, DrαkoSlαde [NIC] said:

Well, as I understand it only applies to trailers ....? but there are especially turkish players that even have 3 front bumpers and no ... they are still running en route and more those who think that their trucks look cute (Truck Mafia, OhaEdition, Latin Edition etc etc) when they are really an abomination, in real life you will never see such absurd modifications. I do not know if they will be retarded or mentally ill, but I do not like those players, in addition to running on CD as if it were Need For Speed, and overtaking in a quite dangerous way. 

They should integrate the old rules regarding trucks, because you kind of give free steps to those players with the save edit, i have seen them, they do not generate lag, but the excess of accessories inside a single truck.

I don't really know what kind of oha mafia people you are seeing but our group is clearly about realistic trucks in form of different irl styles such as holland, norwegian etc. We're trying to replicate realistic trucks. just because you've seen some with excessive Leds on them or other stuff u can't simply judge a whole group like that. And thats one reason why the saveediting part was limited more and more, because people that didn't know anything about it (which was the majority of the players) tried having an opinion about it. 

Comparing the oha edition with the the Latin Edition or even Truck mafia doesn't make the slightest of sense.... They are driving totally different trucks. ?‍♂️ Like just open your eyes and really look into it before making those senseless comments jez.

And coming back to the rule change... I really like it and many others do aswell from what i've heard. We can basically build every truck now, also including local mods, which really moved the community back together in a way. Some new discord servers were made and older ones are being more active again. Which i really like. everyone is helping each other especially with the local mod method. And of course many play TMP again since they can really drive whatever they want now ;)

spacer.png Just some examples of which trucks are driven by the oha bois :)spacer.png

And then the style from some of the other groups ....... spacer.png

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 10:27 PM, DrαkoSlαde [NIC] said:

Well, as I understand it only applies to trailers ....? but there are especially turkish players that even have 3 front bumpers and no ... they are still running en route and more those who think that their trucks look cute (Truck Mafia, OhaEdition, Latin Edition etc etc) when they are really an abomination, in real life you will never see such absurd modifications. I do not know if they will be retarded or mentally ill, but I do not like those players, in addition to running on CD as if it were Need For Speed, and overtaking in a quite dangerous way. 

They should integrate the old rules regarding trucks, because you kind of give free steps to those players with the save edit, i have seen them, they do not generate lag, but the excess of accessories inside a single truck.

Well you are taking names and don't even know what they do. OHA Edition/OHA Mafia is about reallife trucks. Especially Holland/Denmark Style. We use saveedit to make our trucks more realistic as you can do in the base game. For example our members even say they don't duplicate that much to not cause any lags. Also the fact we would overtake like in Need For Speed is completly trash. We do have our own system to kick out member that can't follow the TruckersMP rules. 

Here are some pictures of ur members, what kind of trucks we drive:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

gis.png

3 hours ago, Yzaazy said:

How do you guys now what part to use? I have always wonderd that @Reaper . I tried some editing but I cant figure out what part I need to use where and on which truck for a realistic look.

What i have done trought years is collecting few items that i like , how? buy truck and put that item only , while searching in save for the truck u can see what its attach to it , then i collect their path and save in a document , gathering alot of items so i can use in my daily trucks.