Project Update: Save Editing

Smoky

I was really not expecting the rules about save editing to take such a sharp turn, in favor for the save editing community. I can see some good, and some bad about it. But I respect that choice, and appreciate the leniency. Already having some experience maneuvering double trailers and a little bit for HCT trailers (in terms of reversing them), I've already took a few cargo jobs with my b-triple (short container) setup, despite that it can be a bit challenging to reverse it. I haven't tried a "full" size b-triple, but I wouldn't take it during busy times.

Now the question is, how far will people push it, and how will it affect TruckersMP in long term?

KkdaC1b.png

5 hours ago, ScaniaFan89 said:

Nope not in ETS, it will kick you or simply crash as theres nothing that long in game in terms of 3 full size trailers....ATS is possible people will make 3 53ft road trains! Its just not worth it though as you will just end up banned.

Ok, i go to far with HCT-XXL, this is really big thing, but what about triple-trailer with only first container from B-Double? It have the same length like HCT, is it ok?

1 hour ago, Spig_Xiao Zhu said:

Thanks for the update, good for players who like editing!:LUL:

And unfortunate for those who had a major problem with other players doing so before.

But really. Now the save editing rules make sense. The previous rules were in my opinion quite hard to make any sense out of and were inflicting each other.

1 hour ago, legobrammetje said:

Me, but i'm experienced in driving with them.

You realise doing so puts a massive target on your head for admins to watch your every move, its really not advisable to do that! I see this change as " just because you could doesn't mean you should " besides people thinking about making long triple configs are gonna find out that the game will either crash or kick them 

1 minute ago, DrivinPizza said:

So that means People are allowed to drive Road Trains? (like 4-5 Trailers?)   because i don't really get it

No it doesn't, the game will simply crash if you try that! Only way to get " road trains " is by using mods for SP which will simply revert in MP as they change the code to allow more than default....btw even on SP they don't work because the services etc are not built for things that long & you simply get flung across the map the second you spawn in 

7 minutes ago, DrivinPizza said:

So that means People are allowed to drive Road Trains? (like 4-5 Trailers?)   because i don't really get it

Look at the rules: https://truckersmp.com/rules 

§5.1 - Server Auto Kicks

Too many trailers - Using a modified trailer combination with more than 3 parts for ETS2 or 5 parts for ATS will cause the server to kick you, regardless of location on the map.

• Upvote 2

Road trains will only be an ATS thing with a higher trailer limit, ETS2 at most is getting B-Triples unless it also gets 5 trailer combos (don't.) Also, B-Triples are honestly easier to drive than HCT as it turns better in tight areas. Now, road trains are fun but impossible to load without mods to move loading zones in prefabs due to the extreme length

Independent driver

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, caff!!! said:

to quote Revolver Ocelot: I love to reload shift gears during a battle delivery.

OO very nice I can finally bring out some trucks I had been keep in the garage for some time. Keep up the good work

• Like 1

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

I would like to say THANK YOU!!! Finally you have seen the light. I lost a whole VTC because players were sick off all that unnecessary restrictions. Great decision on the staff's consideration on this matter. Now if we can lift those speed limiters on ATS or just make one sever a no-clip completely, I believe you will see more players coming back to these great simulators. 

Thanks again, PUSHROD       ?