Why is ATS so quite compared to ETS

Harley200317

Muricans that only use one truck, the 389 because thats all they like and are completely rude if you ask otherwise. Also, i get called a girl, pussy and other names for driving a VOLVO in ATS ffs.
Go to phoenix city in Arizona, they aways just hang around there and talk complete crap about nothing. The ats community is full of rude, un appreciated IRL people that feel the need to take there anger out on the player, just for being different. 
I love ATS but the community is toxic.

4 minutes ago, DJ_Sukoi said:

Go to phoenix city in Arizona, they aways just hang around there and talk complete crap about nothing. The ats community is full of rude, un appreciated IRL people that feel the need to take there anger out on the player, just for being different. 
I love ATS but the community is toxic.

So true, people even start arguments for no apparent reason & don't get me started on the vtc abuse ( people sit there attacking them for whatever reason they see fit ). Never hear anything nice being said either, always cheap insults & side remarks aimed at people minding their own! 

The problem with the ATS is that there is very little truck and accessory content. The routes are very beautiful, there are landscapes and a variety of other things, but the trucks are all the same, and hopefully there are 2 versions in the same brand. Although I've seen a lot of people play single player with mods and truck maps

In commenting on the toxic community issue, I honestly had no problem with the few people I have come across. From my experience, I never had a problem and they were kind to me. it's the complete opposite of the ETS community, only few people are playing ATS

spacer.png

The main problem with ATS is the lack of variety in content, for example: in ETS2 you can change from the wheels and add things inside changing the cabins and chassis... in addition to more variety of models by brand and are different from each other; while at ATS you can change cabs and wheels, but nothing inside and if you see the trucks except the VNL and the INTERNATIONAL, the models are good-looking and takes away a little is existing "variety" in ETS2 but above all it is the fact that it came out afterwards and is still in the basic construction phase and the basemap is quite small compared to its brother.

Now if we are going to make the community toxic, you can say that it is a little true, according to the lack of control on the part of the admins and the loneliness that looks in the MP they lead to the "toxicity" being noticed more than the one existing in ETS2.

I don't think that the main reason for why ATS multiplayer is so much quieter is that ATS would lack of content, but rather that people think so. In fact, there's only one thing I find "critically worse" in ATS and it's the small variety of truck brands and models. However, I'm pretty sure that it's something that will be changed in the future as changing it possible right after SCS manages to get new licenses for more truck brands and models.

I've noticed that the fact that ATS has got a DLC for tuning wheels just like ETS2 comes as a surprise for many. Yes, it's still true that wheel tuning options are wider in ETS2, thanks for Michelin and Goodyear DLC's, but I think that truck customization isn't that much worse in ATS (at least when comparing the base games with each other). I can totally agree on that ATS is missing a DLC for customizing interiors and truck-tuning DLC's for different truck models. Anyway, I venture to bet that at some point in the future ATS will get some fancy customization DLC's as well! "ATS has got a small map when compared to ETS2" is something a lot of people think, but that's not exactly true: ATS with all map expansions has a map which' size is quite similar to ETS2's base map. When we take all the map expansions into account, then ETS2 easily has larger map.

The main reason reason for why I think ETS2 is more popular is that it's a little bit older and it already had a huge player base when ATS was released. When people noticed that more people were playing ETS2 multiplayer, thanks for its larger player base, new players wanted to get into ETS2 multiplayer as well rather than getting into ATS multiplayer. Especially back in the days, it was pretty clear that ETS2 had more content in it, but as said before, I think that the situation is fairly different nowadays and ATS is slowly catching ETS2 when it comes to content.

Anyway, both of them are amazing games and I think that everyone can agree on that ETS2 and ATS are the best trucking games around. After 1,100 hours in ETS2, I'm finally starting to really get into ATS and I've to change that my opinion about ATS completely changed after playing it a little bit: I always thought that it was a boring game when, again, compared to ETS2, but turned out that I was totally wrong!

On 3/15/2020 at 6:13 AM, MHT_ said:

So ATS has less content than ETS2. It has less cabin accessories, it has less wheels, it has less truck brands and diffrerent trucks, it has less paint jobs and less trailers. And the customisation options on trucks are also much better in ETS2 on some trucks with the DLC that are for some trucks.  So in general there are just more options for variety in ETS2, even for the base game.

And ETS2 is still the biggest map. I did a going round the entire edge of the map for both ETS2 and ATS and i cant remember the specific times but ETS2 took way longer to drive the edge of the map than ATS did. Like we are talking that if ATS took 10 hours to do, ETS2 would take 15 hours at least and with the latest Map DLC for ETS2 that has just added even more time to it. Which also means people want to drive ETS2 more.  

A lot of people that buy this game dosent know that MP exists. When someone tells them and they check it out a lot of people buy ETS2 because they realize that there is many more people on that. And as you say a lot of people who see someone playing TMP on twitch will buy ETS2 since they can clearly see that ETS2 has more players online. And i am not sure about this but i feel like a lot of the people who owns ETS2 or ATS or Both are European, Russian, Turkish or like Asian. So at least more players from those areas than Americans. Which might also be why there are more players on ETS2, cause they have a chance of driving on roads they know or even in their own country. And if you look at the steam stats ATS had an average of 3870 players the last 30 days and ETS2 had 17735 average players in the last 30 days. So almost 4 times as many people playing the game.  Its not a better game than ATS it just has more general content and a bigger player base. Its just like if you look at two bars. They are equally as good and it costs the same to buy drinks in them. But one bar has more people than the other just because it has been there longer and it has a little more to do in it. Most people would go for the one with more people in it. Its just how it is.   But again i agree with you that ATS is a fun game. And usually if i go for a normal long distance drive myself i drive in ATS. But on day to day moderating i spent more time on ETS2 simply cause it provides more moderator work. Not that we neglect ATS at all, its just much quicker done since there is less work with ATS cause of the lesser user base.

American Truck Simulator was released in 2016, and Euro Truck Simulator 2 was released in 2012. Since Euro Truck Simulator 2 has been around for longer, SCS Software has made many DLCs for the game, such as accessories for your truck, and also more in-game content. Some of the in-game content includes more truck brands and models to choose from and a substantial map to explore. American Truck Simulator makes DLCs for every single state, where each DLC costs about $11.99 USD. There is only a limited amount of map when you first download the game, which includes California, Nevada, and Arizona. Every other state is a DLC which must be purchased. American Truck Simulator is much more behind Euro Truck Simulator 2 content-wise; therefore, it gets less players. Lately, TruckersMP is doing public convoys in American Truck Simulator, which hopefully will get more people playing and interested in the game. :) 

banner

2 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Yeah, ATS indeed has a lot less content than ETS2. My point, however, wasn't trying to say that it would have more content, but rather pointing out that the differences aren't really as massive as most people seem to think (of course the differences between ETS2 and ATS are still obvious, but some people seem to think that ATS only includes two states and two truck models, which is not the case either). But as you probably noticed, I also mentioned that as there are already more players in ETS2 multiplayer, new players rather to jump into it than get ATS jusy to play multiplayer. TruckersMP is — and has for a great while been — the main reason for many people to buy ETS2 (and why not ATS as well). When we're talking about TruckersMP itself, then I obviously choose ETS2 over ATS as well since driving on empty roads is rather tiring.

I have to say that my wording in my previous message could have been a little better as I obviously managed to express an opinion which sounded a little bit negative. But as said, I only [tried to] encourage people to give ATS a try as they might be surprised to notice how much content it, in fact, includes. But then again, ETS2 is still quite an obvious choice for most of the people and so is it for me as I've over 1,100 hours on it while I only have a little over 100 hours on ATS. I hope that I managed to express my opinion a little better now - have a great day! ?

Overall, I am a player who likes ATS very much,As far as I know, many people don't like trucks in ATS!

He is long,It feels uncomfortable for them to drive!A few players find the ATS truck ugly!

There are other reasons why they don't like ATS!Of course, personal views are different!

I feel that some of the maps in the ATS are still very good!The scenery is more beautiful than ETS2!

Well, ATS is a community of people mostly belonging to US while ETS2 is a community of people mostly belonging to Europe. And, that makes the difference. 
Europe having higher population than US makes the population in-game differ too.

And as the other replies said, people in ATS are rude and talking always some sh*t, its true but is so much visible because of the low population. There may be such people in ETS2 too but aren't highlighted because of the high population.

The main difference is between the no. of people playing each games.
If you see Steam, the costs of ATS items are higher than those of ETS2, just because of low population playing it.
If you even see the TMP Server Status* , most of the time, the people playing ETS2 are 1000+ and in ATS, 100+.

* ~ https://truckersmp.com/status

On 3/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, sgtharley5050 said:

I have always wondered what is ATS so much quieter then ETS is it because its less popular or people just tend to stay offline when driving in ATS.

ATS was launched '' recently '' so until it starts to become popular it takes some time, the same happened with Euro Truck at its launch. This is my point of view.

the reason for me is that the price of the ets2 is more liked and the add-on packages are truck modified parts.

It is not possible to say the same for ats because I think it is not very popular because there are fewer tools and less modification items. ?

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

Always ready for help

? Steam | ? TruckersMP Profile | ♾️ Forum Profile | ? Discord |  

I'm American and I love both games, I go through phases where I play one more than the other and right now I'm in my ATS phase.

That said the things I love the most about ETS2 are driving cabovers, unfamiliar locations, better built world (as of now), new signage to learn, and of course the fun tight and narrow roads.

Love a big American truck on a vast highway, but there's just something better to me about driving in Europe.

in ATS everything is simple and boring, straight roads to infinity, even with the fact of several DLCs, a game cannot be a competitor to ETS.  ETS has a lot of chips, there is an interesting world, and in America it seems that there is not enough global mod like pro-mods, if I were playing in the PBX pro mods much more.  You can not compare these 2 games.  Although these American trucks are impressive, what about trailer options?  cool game, but boring.  I hope that something will come up for her

hmmm.. where to begin?  well, since ATS hasn't been out nearly as long as ETS2, there is far less content available for it. That is a HUGE part of the disparity between the two games.

As for attitudes, the long hood Peterbilt, be it a 351, 359, 379, or 389 is the benchmark gold standard of the classic American truck, and has been for decades. The hate on the Volvo is because it's "foreign" made (although the people griping about it don't know anything, because Volvo Trucks NA is a completely separate company from Volvo in Europe, and the trucks are designed in North Carolina and built in Virginia). And if you know anything about Americans, we tend to be very nationalistic. Another reason that ATS is not as popular with the American crowd is that in the 1980s kids were being taught in grade school that if you didn't go to college and get a degree, you were essentially a failure and a second-class citizen. Any skilled trade was looked down upon compared to such things as being a doctor, lawyer, software engineer, etc. and because of it, truck driving has suffered over the last 2 generations. It's just not a career path that anyone considers, although that trend is changing slowly. As the younger drivers enter the workforce, they tend to make mistakes, as all newbies do, and to a lot of old hands, those mistakes are viewed as stupid ones. Also, the lack of professionalism among newer drivers, in that they are rarely dressed for working around heavy machinery, and rather dress in shorts, jogging suits, and the like, grates on many older drivers, and the newer, more aerodynamic trucks are just another symbol of that younger generation, and as such despised just the same. The younger generation also walks around with the attitude that they know it all, and just won't listen to those of us who have been doing it for 20 years, and have learned through experience how to do the job.. And of course that friction ends up going both ways, as the young ones don't want to feel like they are being talked down to..  

Another large factor in the poor attitude is that kids these days are arrogant, and it rarely matters where they come from. I've seen Europeans with just as lousy attitudes as Americans, as well as Aussies, and east Asians.. Just go play games like Battlefield or Call of Duty and you will see plenty evidence of it..  It's part of these last couple generations being raised with the internet, where there is little punishment for bad manners as they all get to hide in relative anonymity. Most of them would never say things to your face that they say online.. just the way it is.. 

Now, to qualify my opinions, I've been a real world commercial driver since 1998, and just retired 6 months ago. I have over 2.5 million safe miles with no accidents, and only 2 traffic citations in that 20+ years. I started my career in an old International, and eventually bought my own Kenworth T800 in 2005. I've hauled just about every kind of cargo you can, with a few exceptions: I don't haul livestock (can't stand the smell), and I've never run over dimensional (aka oversize or heavy haul). I spent my whole career as an over the road driver running all 48 states as well as Alaska and parts of Canada. I've trained drivers for 3 companies over the years, and have won arguments over regulations with DOT officers.. 

Anyhow, I hope this adds a level of realization to your thoughts.. and as SCS rolls out more and more content, and the older DLC's get far less expensive, the game will become more popular... it's just going to take time...

7 hours ago, [IMPERIAL]KoreanZombik said:

in ATS everything is simple and boring, straight roads to infinity, even with the fact of several DLCs, a game cannot be a competitor to ETS.  ETS has a lot of chips, there is an interesting world, and in America it seems that there is not enough global mod like pro-mods, if I were playing in the PBX pro mods much more.  You can not compare these 2 games.  Although these American trucks are impressive, what about trailer options?  cool game, but boring.  I hope that something will come up for her

LOL, welcome to the American west... it really is that way because the population density is significantly lower.. the roads go on forever because nobody lives out there. Between I-5 in the west and I-55 in the east, there just aren't that many people.. quite similar to the Russian Steppes, the Middle East, or Saharan Africa, I would guess.. Sure you have some rather large cities scattered about, like Phoenix, Denver, or Kansas City, but there is little in between.. this is because as we settled there in the mid to late 1800's the majority of people settling out there were farmers, and the government gave away land for free to get people to live there.. And if you talk to any farmer in the world, they can never have enough land.. well, that land has mostly been passed down for generations, and so it still gets worked as it did a hundred years ago.. the rest of it is just harsh, and inhopitable.. The large cities were mostly started as Railroad depots, and like all cities, they grew, and the residents just never left because jobs were plentiful, and services were available.. 

Keep in mind.. historically speaking, America is rather young, at only 400-500 years since Europeans started settling here, and everything west of the Mississippi River is considerably younger still, only having been settled over the last 200 years. Compared to civilizations like Britain, Russia, or China, we are mere children in comparison.

15 minutes ago, [IMPERIAL]KoreanZombik said:

Я понимаю, что Америка очень молода и ее население не так уж велико для такой территории, но я говорю исключительно об игре, так как все знают, что дороги не очень хорошо реализованы, а дорог в АТС практически нет. Что касается деталей городов в промышленных и сельскохозяйственных районах, то все лучше реализовано в ETS2, хотя и не полностью, поэтому я сказал, что если бы были про-моды на ATS, то это было бы гораздо интереснее, так как в этом глобальном мире есть много дорог от главных улиц до небольших деревенских улиц, есть более подробные улицы) эта игра нуждается в таком моде, тогда я уверен, что он будет намного популярнее) есть более 100 DLC в ETS 2, когда в Америке есть не более 30 дополнений. Разработчики естественно отдают приоритет развитию ETS2 больше, чем на АТС

I don't think you are understanding... the game is very reflective of the real western US... go look at Nevada in google maps... The place is desolate.. there are hardly any roads.. the towns are all very small and spread far and wide.. Promods wouldn't change that much without playing make-believe.. the same goes for all of the states implemented so far... There just isn't the population density that Europe has in the western United States.. Here's a photo of the area north of Moab, Utah, taken from in my truck on I-70 near US-6....  the whole west is like this... like I say, very similar to the area between Москва and Ульяновск, and just as big... 

71546_168860143139800_1652941_n.jpg

4 hours ago, [IMPERIAL]KoreanZombik said:

Ну не знаю, думаю в игре все это можно изменить в лучшую сторону, потому что тем не менее это симулятор а не реальная жизнь. так или иначе вам нужно привлечь людей к игре, даже если реалистичность карты сильно не пострадает, но это будет к лучшему) но это мое мнение, кстати, сколько лет вы уже водите грузовик? Я вообще ничего не понимаю в автомобилях) я студент из Кореи в медицинском институте, и я только был в Америке в Калифорнии, чтобы учиться

I started driving trucks in March of 1998, and retired in October last year.. so 21 years behind the wheel.. Ran 49 of the 50 states and parts of Canada. only state I never drove a truck in was Hawaii.

The server has been having good numbers the last few night but at the same time it seems that most people are sticking to a few main roads like I-5, I-10, I-40 and the cities around those highways. I made a run yesterday LA to Salt Lake City then back down to Barstow and hardly seen anybody but a run from Phoenix to Seattle and seen people the whole way

Archived