Low speed limit.

SilverDiamond

So, I've recently came back to updated multiplayer, and was really put off. You cannot go 70 mph on a highway near a town, it slows you down to 40 mph, forcefully. I understand the need to limit speed in cities to prevent racing in a TRUCK SIMULATOR, but please, update "hitboxes" for cities, I don't want to crawl on a main road. I've noticed it most on ATS, but ETS has been hit with it too. I have no desire to go into town, I want to hit the legal road speed limit and go, but what's the point of game speed limit of 80 kilometers per hour if I'm reduced to 50 by multiplayer mod? I would like that to be reversed, and simply have moderation of "reckless driving" improved.

Hello

When you enter the city or you are near it, it limits you to 60 km / h, this seems to me completely complete so it is more realistic that you do not go with 60 + km / h through the city, plus that the players will start drifting if that wasn't the limitation. Outside the city it is limited by 110 km / h as in reality it is only combined with 90 km / h .. to say thanks that it is at least 110 km / h and not 90 so this is a 1000km race in 2 hours

How do I explain it? No. I go up to the speed limit of 70 mph. Then I have little popup that says - "you're in the city". Hell no, game. I'm on autoban, highway, freeway, scrub!! My engine is cut, and I slow down to roughly city limit. While I'm outside of it. If you really want, I can show screenshots. Cannot show video, since I have no recording gear... I repeat, I'm slowed down to CITY limit while I'm NEAR one, on a HIGHWAY.

1 hour ago, SilverDiamond said:

Have you missed it? It DOES bother me. Arcade? There are no arcade in ATS. ETS. There's ONE server with arcade, and online there is pitiful, I just checked, 160+ people...

I did not say it does not bother you but i am afraid thats how it has been for a while now you just gotta get used to it.It bothers me aswell but i got used to it.Also i did specify you could post it in suggestions category and maybe the TruckersMP team will acknowledge it. Happy trucking!?

Hello.
The speed limit on servers is divided into:
1. In the city: 60 km / h
2. Outside the city (motorways, etc.): 110 km / h
Regards :)

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

Just now, caramba2412 said:

Hello.
The speed limit on servers is divided into:
1. In the city: 60 km / h
2. Outside the city (motorways, etc.): 110 km / h
Regards :)

Yeah, I don't think there is a big difference when we turn the mileage to miles. 
60 Km= 38-40 Mph
110Km= 80-90 Mph

^^ Everyone, like it or not, are stuck to how the game and mod are made. SCS decided to set city limits based on areas, TruckersMP decided to set speed limits based on cities. So when someone enters the city boundaries, the lower speed limit is applied. Now imagine something like the image below, the black rectangle is the city boundaries, the blue eclipse is the city itself, the red line is a highway. You go 80 mph until your reach point A. The city speed limit triggers and makes your truck slow down until point B, then you can accelerate again, until point C, where you enter the city again (and are slowed down again). And from point D, you have definitely left the city and can keep going 80 mph... Until the next city.

03.11.2020-17.52.50

What's important to understand is that the black area and the red line are set by SCS software and AFAIK, there's nothing that TruckersMP can do to change them. The only way to prevent the "City speed limit" to slow down players on these situations would be to remove it completely. And if that happened, lots of players would be driving inside all cities at 110 Km/h (ETS2) or 80 mph (ATS). See why it's not such a good idea?

39 minutes ago, [Kobra] OmSaL said:

Yeah, I don't think there is a big difference when we turn the mileage to miles. 
60 Km= 38-40 Mph
110Km= 80-90 Mph

ETS2 and ATS have different speed limits also

ETS2:

60Km = 37.2Mi   <- City

110Km = 68.3Mi   <- Out of city

ATS:

45Mi = 72.4Km   <- City

80.7Mi = 130Km   <- Out of city

24H4oa0.jpg

The speed limits on servers are divided into two:

City: 60km/h

Outside the city: 110km/h

If you are a player who wants to "simulate" real life, I recommend the servers with the speed limiter. Otherwise if you just want to have fun and go at the speed of your choice you can go to the Arcade servers.

JoxyS
TruckersMP

SALnG8V.png + 2146245269_role_EventTeam(1).png.5ebc3d3

TruckersMP Rules | Report a Users | Appeal a Ban | Contact Support

Have a Good Trip!!

Hello there.

There's a simple explaination.

In the Map Editor, the city boundaries are square. You cannot make it in a different shape or rotate it. You can only resize it. The problem is, that TMP fetches the city boundary data because this is the only way TMP could determine that you're inside a city. Therefor, everytime you pass the boundary you will face the speedlimiter.

There is a way to fix this, but this would include changing the city boundaries of all cities affected. The way how it works is simple. You create multiple small city boundaries, and make them like that that they don't cross with a highway. The problem is you would need to work alot, and TMP itself would be ~100MB heavier.

No speed limiter will add to the already chaotic roads.TruckersMP had put these limits in place to prevent accidents. (as many accidents are caused by the player's negligence by speeding) The TruckersMP Team is trying to make the multiplayer more realistic, as shown with updates like Road to Simulation, and adding no speed limiter would not help.

banner

Hy, speed limits for either city or highway, were created for safety purposes for all, most of us know that it happens when there is no regulation about speed, is as such a derby of destruction; and on which areas these limitations apply, are based on calculations based on square areas above city areas or areas with "enterprises" or areas where cargo and finally ferry and train areas are delivered; is a property of the TMP team and is based on the areas that the SCS base game, sectioned as city zones,if I'm not mistaken, that's how those urban areas were defined. If you resent that "low" speed that happens when you go through city/highway, I recommend that you do not expose yourself to such large speed ranges, for example if the regulation is 60 km/hr, can go to 80 or 90 km/hr and so you won't feel that downward blow so much.

Speed limits are realistic and this is expected from a simulation game. However, setting a speed limit to prevent accidents is an unnecessary move. Because if they go 10 km an hour, they will have an accident. They don't know how to hold the steering wheel. Who knows, maybe they don't have a license ...

You just think you know. Much more than meets the eye!  

Archived