Racing Championship - Spring 2020

Digital

5 hours ago, cyberdragon16 said:

are contenders allowed to use scoda? :D and how can i join to race is it enough to just go to that server in that time

The Skoda is for staff only to manage the event. Participants must be in a truck. Simply meetup in Amsterdam at 15:30 UTC and we will provide further instructions if you wish to join (or spectate)!

1 hour ago, Hermes_25 said:

Are we going to race with trailers?

No trailers, just your truck.

I consider this a failed event, honestly. Not everyone who came got to race officially (me included), and admins/event manager/game moderators weren't really responsive to the players' questions asked during the event (i remember the chat flooded with questions, while an event member was calling the players for a picture..). I also wanted to know more about the event in-game, things that weren't clear just reading the rules posted here. So :

1) Have all players who OFFICIALLY raced been timed, or just the first 2 to pass the finish line were declared "qualified" and the rest of them ignored?

2) Whether they were timed or not, WHO decides and HOW is it decided who gets to race in the 2nd stage if a player who qualified in the 1st stage (obviously was selected to race) misses from the race? IF everyone who raced in the 1st stage was timed, then it's easy, you just select the next eligible player from the leaderboard. But what if someone who didn't race (wasn't selected) could've been eligible because the time he would've done in the drag race was better than someone who was selected? IF they weren't timed in their races, then you cannot choose another eligible player, therefore there won't be 48 players in the 2nd stage, as stated in the so-called "rules" <<ready for our 48 qualifiers to put their racing skills to the test.>>.

I'll be gladly waiting for an answer from the TMP staff!

I'm absolutely gutted to say the least. I can't believe you made the same mistake as last year, at least if this is how you wanted to handle things you could've told us before that there was a limited amount of players that would've made it to the final rounds, at least people would have had that in mind. Advertising your event, and then wasting the time of people like me who have tested the tracks these days, and waited patiently this evening to race is just not right. Some may say that nobody told me to do those things, well fair enough, and as a matter of fact I wouldn't complain now if there was proper notice in the website article that there would have been a limited amount of players admitted, I knew that we would've been selected randomly and that was no big deal. 

"How many players qualify depends on how many players attend. For example, if 96 players compete, only half will qualify, meaning the fastest 4 of 8 from each race will qualify."

This is what I mean, there is no clarification about the number limit. What I understand is that if we are 400, 200 will qualify, I think that's pretty clear. I know that we were a lot today, almost sure we were more than you expected, but since only 2 people (instead of 4) out of 8 were being admitted I thought you had sorted things out, so that there weren't too many people tomorrow, as that would've made the event super long. Instead, this was just pretty disappointing. Again, I read that the exact same thing happened in the summer 2019 championship, and while I read that you were willing to coordinate things a little better in the following championships, apparently you didn't learn from your mistakes.

What makes things even worse this time is that, at least, that time there was actually notice that there would've been a limit! "Note: Race participants have very limited spaces available. Players will be randomly selected!", I wonder why you didn't write the same thing this time...

Well guys, thank you for the effort you put into organizing all the events you bring to us, I know it's no easy thing, but you really need better organization for the racing one in particular... it's just not fair for all of those who wait there, aware that sooner or later, with some patience, their turn will come, because nobody has told them there is a number limit. It wasn't like this when I attended the first edition last spring, hope you will be able to give everyone and not just a smaller amount of people a fun time or at least an opportunity in the next editions.

• Upvote 2

You weren't prepared well enough for the event, many players (including me) were left heartbroken, many hours of practice and waiting to get picked  wasted. Not giving everyone the chance to qualify was a BIG mistake, better solution would have been to "filter" players by conducting extra races the second day and choosing best ones among the best, so you still have 48 qualifiers, instead of what you did.

There were around 400 waiting at Amsterdam LKW when event started  and 150 left when it got closed.I was there the whole time and can 100% say that , player numbers were increasing or staying same time to time, which means new ones were joining midway of the event and numbers were massive, i won't be surprised that you actually managed to let 400 or more people race. But it's not fair , when a newcomer was given the chance to race who joined 1-2 hours late and we didn't who were there from the start. In the event announcement post you stated time when everyone had to be online, so you better keep track of players who follows rules and try to distinguish ones who don't. 

You can create sign up system for the next racing event, that way you can set max limit for participants and who signs up in time will have the chance to participate with others who don't as backup. You can also somehow lockdown the "waiting area" so new players can't join after the event starts

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Digital said:

No trailers, just your truck.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

4 hours ago, KingKrule said:

I read that the exact same thing happened in the summer 2019 championship, and while I read that you were willing to coordinate things a little better in the next championships, apparently you didn't learn from your mistakes.

Your post made me even more sad. I didn't know there was the same problem last year. I'm  starting to have trust issues with these events now. I agree with everything you mentioned. It didn't matter if i lost during qualifications or won the whole thing, i feel so betrayed and shit can't even describe.

11 hours ago, Gochi-Prochi said:

Your post made me even more sad. I didn't know there was the same problem last year. I'm  starting to have trust issues with these events now. I agree with everything you mentioned. It didn't matter if i lost during qualifications or won the whole thing, i feel so betrayed and shit can't even describe.

The only thing wrong here is that they had to make it more clear. Make it clear that 48 was the limit.

"Eight players will be selected in a random order to compete in a drag race. How many players qualify depends on how many players attend. For example, if 96 players compete, only half will qualify, meaning the fastest 4 of 8 from each race will qualify.

After all of the races are concluded, the fastest 48 players will qualify for the Championship taking place the next day."

They theorically wrote it, now after reading the post again I understand that they said there were 48 qualifiers, but I only understood it because of what happened yesterday and not because the sentence is totally clear... the fact is that writing the "After all of the races are concluded, the fastest 48 players will qualify for the Championship taking place the next day." right after the first sentence that I quoted too is misleading, I thought they were still referring to the example they were making in the first sentence, so that if there were more players than 96 the qualified players wouldn't have been only 48.

Then again, just a couple sentences afterwards, what's written is "For everyone who qualified for the championship, this will be your big day! There are a lot of unique and challenging tracks prepared, ready for our 48 qualifiers to put their racing skills to the test.". Humm... so with the 48 qualifiers are you guys still referring to the example or telling us that's the maximum amount of admitted players? I hope you get what I'm trying to show here...

So yeah, next time guys, if the limit is 48 make it super clear, this time it was ambiguous and misleading, even though I still think that the best solution is to give everybody a chance. I would even be willing to collaborate in trying to find new ways to try and organize the event to make things smoother and most of all accessible to everybody, but well, you decide. Good luck to the finalists!

• True Story 1

According to the leaderboards of round 1, one qualifier is missing. What happened to him?

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

• 4 weeks later...