Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

100% GPU

~Albino~

Question

6 answers to this question

Hey ~Albino~ :) 

What version were your ETS2 before updating?
Not so long ago, DirectX 11 was fully implemented to the game, so now the game can utilize a few more CPU cores/threads, hereby, the game can run at more frames pr. sec.

If your getting quite a few FPS, it could be 'Coil whine' your getting from your GPU (Its harmless. But can be annoying to hear)

To see if its coil whine, just enable VSync in settings, so that the game only runs at your monitors rated Hz (FPS). If the noise/coil whine stops. You can either leave Vsync on, or not (Depends, if you wanna hear the coil whine or not ;) If you leave Vsync on, you'll not only save youe ears. You'll also save some power/heat :D )

I hope this help solve your problem/answer your question, if not, let us know :) 

Best Regards

General18

• HaulieLove 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

53 minutes ago, General18 said:

Hey ~Albino~ :) 

What version were your ETS2 before updating?
Not so long ago, DirectX 11 was fully implemented to the game, so now the game can utilize a few more CPU cores/threads, hereby, the game can run at more frames pr. sec.

If your getting quite a few FPS, it could be 'Coil whine' your getting from your GPU (Its harmless. But can be annoying to hear)

To see if its coil whine, just enable VSync in settings, so that the game only runs at your monitors rated Hz (FPS). If the noise/coil whine stops. You can either leave Vsync on, or not (Depends, if you wanna hear the coil whine or not ;) If you leave Vsync on, you'll not only save youe ears. You'll also save some power/heat :D )

I hope this help solve your problem/answer your question, if not, let us know :) 

Best Regards

General18

Hello General18,

Thx for your answer. Well i do have a good PC tbh. I got i7-8700K, 11 GB Nvidia GTX 1080ti and 32 GB DDR4 Ram. And its only happening on ETS2. Not only MP also single player mod.

17 minutes ago, ~Albino~ said:

Hello General18,

Thx for your answer. Well i do have a good PC tbh. I got i7-8700K, 11 GB Nvidia GTX 1080ti and 32 GB DDR4 Ram. And its only happening on ETS2. Not only MP also single player mod.

With that CPU + GPU it could very well be, coil whine. Test with Vsync when possible :)

Best Regards

General18

• HaulieLove 1

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello there! :)

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your issue.

Thank you to @General18 for helping here! :wub:

If you require more help in the future, please do not hesitate to create another Topic or a Support Ticket.

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics.

• Thanks 1
  • HaulieLove 1

spacer.png