The 'External Cargo Challenge'

RB1988

Hello everyone! ?

A few weeks ago, me and a few friends came up with the idea of teleporting into a random city, and taking the longest External Cargo delivery, regardless of type of trailer, destination, commodity, etc, and driving in pure simulation standards with it, including route modifications to take in smaller roads (away from highways) providing it does not actually make the route shorter.

This got me wondering, does anyone else do this?

I’ve found the best way to achieve this, is having all map DLC, all trailer and cargo DLC as well, and, of course, some seriously dedicated drivers!!

The longest routes I have done this on so far, include:

- Palermo to Vyborg (3,500km)
- Bergen to Cluj-Napoca (2,900km)
- Kouvola to Naples (3,200km)

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else who does this often, or, if you take on this challenge from reading this!!

See you on the roads

Best Wishes;

~RB1988

Not exactly as described, because I am using owned trailer, I have much fewer contracts available (currently with log trailer up to 3 or 4, sometimes only one), I take usually one with best pay/km, but I don't teleport around, always start my next contract where the last one ends.

Looking at my last 25 european contracts on my WoT page, longest was load of wooden beams from Kouvola to Pleven (2640km)

I also tried to find the longest external contract. And my longest external cargo been from:

- Cargotras Palermo to Fintyre Tampere (3.803km)

And because this topic has been here several times, I know that someone, has driven an even longer contract. But I don't remember where to and how many kilometers.

Anyway, it's been a trip for the whole afternoon. And it was a challenge ??

Some time ago, my friends and I had challenges similar to yours!Unfortunately,We are not doing external tasks!

We run on Promods server,We challenge at a speed of :110:!Our final kilometers are 9.231KM!

I like this challenge very much!

spacer.png

As it has been busy recently,Otherwise I will challenge this external task!:LUL:

I wish you all a good time!❤️

Hi there ?

I love World of Trucks :90:

I usually travel on medium distances 1500-2500km. However, when scs releases new map DLC I discover them(a few days) and next I look for the longest possible route (external contract).

Before Road to the Black Sea, the longest route was from Palermo to the Vyborg (from what I remember 3927km).

In December 2019 new map has provided new opportunities for players.

I searched as long as possible route for a long time but finally succeeded some time ago (at the beginning of the year). My longest routes (WoTr):

3976km: Aberdeen - Istanbul

3996km: Tekirdag - Aberdeen

52EPBSS.png

Additionally I found and finished the longest available World of Trucks job (at the moment) in the Euro Truck Simulator 2:

4005km: Tekirdag - Aberdeen

x0fN1Fk.png

Happy Trucking?

Best regards

MarkON

I have been very interested to read the replies so far. Thank you! :)

A lot of the time I do try to take jobs from the city I visit last, or drive into, however I do a lot of convoys, so this doesn't always make it possible, sadly. It is good fun though, I'm glad to see several other people like it too :) 

I am hoping to do Tekirdag  to Aberdeen very soon, finding the time to actually sit down and do it in its entirety is the challenge at the moment! 

All the best;

~RB ❤️

10 hours ago, Midnight Trucker said:

I often do this, i find the smaller roads less of a chance of meeting a troll. Although on smaller roads, people need to chill out and not use the other side of the road to make the corner, other than that, I live doing this :)

I always find smaller roads (except the obvious one) to be a much more enjoyable and challenging drive too, compared to continuous monotonous highways :) It is true that you are less likely to find trolls along them, but trust me, it has happened! :)

Happy Truckin'

~RB ❤️ 

One of my longest’s routes was Longyearbyen to Aquaba in ProMods. 9,000km+ (4,473km Driving not including ferry’s, trains, etc). I have had it logged and ended up taking me 4 hours and 24 minutes. It was a fun drive took a friend with me as well and at the end we drove to the lowest point! 

“???????? ??? ??? ???? ?????, ???? ??? ??????????”

klMaegY.png DQtI0ZF.png

|| TruckersMP || Steam || Twitch || YouTube ||

hy, personally I make trips from southern Italy to northern Scandinavia or Russia, as payments for unhigh charges; and I use the small routes between the mountains and fields, so I can enjoy the beautiful landscapes besides relaxing while you do what you like the most, which is to drive through the Europe and apart from avoiding trolls or other problems that appear and are typical of busiest routes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been 14 days since the last reply.

For the reason stated above, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked & Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived