In-Truck Features

ZabbeX

HEY THERE! :D 

I have questioned myself if SCS could implement other in-truck funcionalities with the screen that works as a GPS. I will be listing some of the funcionalities it could work with:

- A media player for movies or other videos, but DISABLED when driving and ENABLED when the truck is stopped.

- Search for jobs, buy trailers, trucks and garages.

- Be used as a reversing camera.

- Work as F7 to get towed, refueled, etc.

- Have like a social network so players can look for convoys and join them.

- Have a list of the most congested cities, or a live map of players (something that might not happen).

- Have the local time of real life.

- Look how damaged is your truck.

I think that´s everything I would want, but it requires effort from both SCS and TMP ?

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, k1v3n said:

Hi,

I think the features you have listed would be a great addition to the game especially the reversing camera one thing though if F7 gets us to fuel station surely that means fuel stations will have to be no collision zones other than that i like your idea! ?

The F7 won´t get us to the fuel station, as you may know, emergency refueling was added to F7, which gives us the possibility to get a small amount of fuel so we can get to a gas station.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ZabbeX said:

The F7 won´t get us to the fuel station, as you may know, emergency refueling was added to F7, which gives us the possibility to get a small amount of fuel so we can get to a gas station.

Ah i know it emergency refuels us used it a few times just didn't know if you meant to a fuel station thats all ?

Hello there

So with the in game GPS, SCS tries to make these as realistic as possible i think. So with your list SCS would only add stuff that the truck might have in real life. But let me look at the list

- A media player for movies or other videos, but DISABLED when driving and ENABLED when the truck is stopped. - This might be done, not sure if any of the trucks in game has this feature in the GPS screen in real life. 

- Search for jobs, buy trailers, trucks and garages. -  This they might not do since all these things are purely a game thing and not something the truck would normally have.

- Be used as a reversing camera. - Do trucks even have reversing cameras? I wouldent imagine it would be on the trailer. Maybe on the truck in self but that wouldent help much if you have a trailer on.

- Work as F7 to get towed, refueled, etc. - Again not something the truck would normally have since its not a truck feature but a game feature.

- Have like a social network so players can look for convoys and join them. - Social network to look for convoys and join them? What single player convoys? Dont think SCS would make you be able to drive with AI trucks in a convoy. And since SCS has nothing to do with this Multiplayer its not something SCS would add. And i am pretty sure we as TMP wouldent either but i really dont know if we would.

- Have a list of the most congested cities, or a live map of players (something that might not happen).  - Again SCS has nothing to do with this MP. So that would not be something SCS would add. And you sort of already have a live map of players. At least those around you. The colored dots on the map. But a lot of these things would be for TMP to make and i am not sure that would be a high priority.

- Have the local time of real life. - SCS could do this. But what would you use it for, other than to know time? Most people have their phone within arms reach and i know on mine i can just tap the screen and it shows the time. So not sure if this is really something SCS would spent time on.

- Look how damaged is your truck. - Again a game feature not a truck feature. And you gotta remember that SCS dosent decide what goes into the truck, at least not without approval from the truck company. So i would imagine that SCS would have to ask permission to add all this to the GPS. And i am not sure SCS wants to spent time doing that. I am sure they have plenty of stuff they want to do with the trucks before adding more things to the GPS :)

But some of it is cool stuff. So one can always hope :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived