Entire Map

ZabbeX

Hi Everyone, do you think that if SCS could merge both games (ATS and ETS2) into one entire game, or if TMP could let us travel from EU to US by switching games and viceversa, more players could play on the American map and viceversa, obviously if there´s a dedicated server for that and that players who join have both games?

spacer.png

There's very little chance for us to see both games merged. Firstly, both games need to be "completed" in terms of Map layout. Then, since these two games are developed by separate teams, they have to be merged, as well as the basic game mechanics have to be changed, like scaling and so on. And then you might have some problems when entering the ETS2 parts of the map with a longer american truck. But even when both games would be ready to be merged, everyone, who has a copy of one of the games, will probably be forced to buy the other one, with every Map DLC available, but SCS cannot force that. And since they can't force this, the games will never be merged. Unless they make a new game and call it World Truck Simulator, but for that we have to see some Asian, African, North and South American and Australian Truck Simulators, or these could be DLC's for a "base" game. And at last, SCS still has a lot of potential in ETS2 and ATS, and they won't make a new game until these two are "finished".

That's what I'd like, but it's not very likely to happen because traffic laws in Europe and the United States are different. Or you know their respective rules.

I don't think a connection between the ETS2 and ATS areas of the map would be possible since realistically there is no scheduled passenger ferry service between the United States and Europe, so unless you had the option of shipping the truck over in a container, or the connection from Russia to Alaska (and hence to the rest of the ATS world) gets built IRL, I don't see much sense in connection of the two games as far as SCS goes. 

I don't think this is possible in the short run as these two games are not built by the same teams and there are many differences. Moreover, ATS doesn't have the east coast yet and it will take time. However, in the long run, it might be possible for SCS to bring "World Truck Simulator" as a new game with complete Europe and USA. Then they can build on it.

Hy, I don't think that will happen, even though it sounds great and very interesting could not be carried out by many missing points..... since the lack of DLC's give the gateway to the USA and a "real" exit port from the US to the USA, and that both games are not yet finished to merge into a new one and that's not to mention that both ATS and ETS2 games are simulation class, and thus are based on real laws, and thereby leads to most trucks and futures that appear in ATS are a little "illegal" in the US either by emissions or lengths, that would be another reason in which it is affected and impeded a "great map of the world of trucks"; although it's something we all wanted.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived