Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Specific game freezing issues.

Mr_Coconut

Question

I am new to this forum, and also new to ATS/ETS2, and TRUCKERSMP.

Not sure if there is anyone here that can help me out or not, but I am having very specific problems with ATS/ETS2, and TRUCKERSMP  I have no problems loading ATS/ETS2, and zero problems playing either game online (TRUCKERSMP), or offline.  The issue is that when I get to the end of a run and drop my trailer or deliver the load, the game freezes up and nothing else happens until I hit the enter key. At that point it just takes me back to my desktop and the game is closed out. This is extremely frustrating, and I have not been able to find any help with this as of yet. Someone from a different site said to look at the game.log file (go to documents then go to the ATS or ETS2 folder) at the end of the file there will be error reports detailing what is causing crashes. I do not know what exactly to look for but am including images for both the ATS, and ETS2 games.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

ATS.jpg

ETS2.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi Coconut as i understand you got some annoying issue's with your game so, what you read it on web-site about looking to documents this is where you have to look but first load your game do the same thing where you get freez again (also as you said "until I hit the enter key. At that point it just takes me back to my desktop" thats because the game gives you a kind of crash like fatal-error etc. and when you hit enter that bar close's up and leaves you on desktop so as i said do the same thing after you got freez hit enter then go to your "Documents/Euro Truck Simulator2/game.log " open the document file go all the way down and there will be say the reason about the crash. after that i cant say anything for now cause i dont know what causes you to crash so let me know when you found it leave the comment here i will take a look what the reason is and try to help you out. 

• Like 1

Hello, @Mr_Coconut

Please, try the following:

Step 1:
1. Open Steam, go to the LIBRARY -> GAMES
2. Right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and open Properties
3. After the Properties window has opened click LOCAL FILES tab and press BROWSE LOCAL FILES
4. A folder with game files opens. Remember the path to this folder

Step 2:
1. Click Start -> Run (or WIN+R)
2. Type regedit and hit enter
3. Follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TruckersMP
4. Look at the value parameter "InstallLocationETS2"?

Step 3:
1. Copy the folder address from STEP 1
2. Change the value parameter "InstallLocationETS2" (Insert the copied folder address)
3. Click OK.

Kind Regards,

KingModzv11

Hello there,

Can you please try the following solutions and let me know how they go: 

Solution 1:
Have you tried to verify your game?
> Go to Steam Library
> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2
> Properties
> Local Files
> Verify Integrity of Game Files
Wait until the game files are verified and try whether the error still occurs.

Solution 2:
> Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
> Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
> Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
> Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
> Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/

Solution 3:
You should start TruckersMP as an admin. This is really important.
Also, try to start TruckersMP with DirectX (64)
> Go to your steam App
> Go to the library
> Go to ETS2/ATS
> Click "Play" 
> Choose "Launch with DirectX (64-bit). Make sure you chose 64 bit.
> Start ETS2/ATS
> Choose your profile and press "drive"
> Close ETS2/ATS
> Start TruckersMP as admin. TruckersMP will start with DirectX for all time. Except you change it again.

Solution 4:
> Update your graphics card driver.
> Take care not to play in busy areas.
> Pull down your graphics settings.
> You maybe need a new profile, delete old and get a new one.
> Reinstall the mod and make sure that you put correctly in the directory. (\Steam\SteamApps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2)
> Don't use unsupported mods. Also, too many mods can cause your game to crash.
> Delete file Documents/ETSMP (Please before deleting,backup this file)
> That's may be caused by missing game file. Go to Steam Library / Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2 / Properties / Local Files / Verify Integrity of Game Files.
> Make sure you have the latest.Net Framework (4.7) & DirectX & Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 and use CCleaner to remove temporary files and obsolete registry paths.

Kind Regards,

Savage

TruckersMP Support 

Hi Mert, KingModzv11, & Savage. 

I really appreciate all three of you taking the time to reply to my initial post asking for help. After much frustration late last night and before reading your posts this morning, I ended up totally removing ATS, ETS2, TRUCKERSMP, and all the mods (14 in total) associates with the two games. I then took the time to re-install ATS, and TRUCKERSMP, then gave it a try in single player for a couple of runs, and then in multiplayer for a couple of runs. Fingers crossed so far everything seems to be resolved, and no crashed games. Later on today I might try re-installing ETS2, and see how that goes. The other thing that I did was to unsubscribe from the MODS I had before deleting the games, so not sure if that had something to do with it. 

So going forward, if I want to download any MODS, is there somewhere that is the best place to download from? Also is there something I should be looking for in the file to indicate if it is good or bad?

I would love to learn how to MOD, so any tidbits of information would greatly be appreciated.

Much respect and kindest regards

Mr_Coconut (David)

• Like 1

Hello there!

Has your issue been resolved with the above answer?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Trial Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

8 hours ago, Beenz. said:

Hello there!

Has your issue been resolved with the above answer?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Trial Support

Hi, Yes it has been resolved.

Thank you