Public Beta 1.37 ATS - (FMOD, opening/closing windows)

MarkON

Hello community :)

? Public Beta* 1.37 American Truck Simulator has been available now ??

Official information: https://blog.scssoft.com/2020/02/american-truck-simulator-beta-137.html

Amongst other things:

1. FMOD - a proprietary sound effects engine: https://youtu.be/p20ej7eh-ec

• Volume options in the menu: 
    Spoiler

u3Rjt2T.png

2. The ability to open/close a windows:

•  9h9yacT.png
  • Spoiler

7kEMV6m.jpg

3. New function for easy preview during truck/trailer configuration (see screen): 

• so far: efsUCKr.png
  • now also: 3AkKG18.png

4. New ownership trailer: 

• Food Tank 
    Spoiler

vidhylj.png

Are you testing, looking for bugsand new features? I'd be interested to know what you think.

Share your opinion on new testing version - public beta 1.37 ATS in this topic.

*Remember that TruckersMP does not support the experimental/open beta versions

Looking forward to the new FMOD sounds and the new sound settings overall. I’m hoping we will see an ownable fuel tanker soon, considering they added the food tank trailer.

Either way, I’m excited for this and will definitely test it out as soon as possible.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

It's really great to see that SCS is upgrading the sound environment now in 1.37 and the graphical environment later on in 1.38 rather than releasing a completely new game with just a little twists and upgrades as that's something most game studios would probably do. 

1.37 is for sure one of my favourite updates in a while. While I haven't had a chance to look at the new beta yet, I've been extraordinary surprised by what I've seen and heard about it. And based on what I've heard so far, I think that FMOD sounds absolutely amazing which means I won't necessarily need to listen to music in the future anymore (which has been a "must" thing for me to this point).

It's also great to notice that we'll be finally able to use a first person camera when tuning our vehicles as the only camera mode we've been able to use so far can be pretty tricky especially when tuning a long mod vehicle. Just another small thing that makes the game so much better!

• 2 weeks later...

While the new ATS sound is very good, in fact, I wonder how the sound will be like in Europe. As ATS 1.37 introduced a whole new sound. One sad thing is that 1.37 is still quite buggy for now. I wish SCS fixes bugs all and finally release a perfect version in a short time. (I do agree think it’s difficult for them)

The SCS’s decision to choose FMOD is very good I think but again it may be too hard work. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @MarkON,

Thank you for creating a thread on our forum.

It has been 14 days since the last reply. Therefore, this thread is now inactive.

For the reason above, I will lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived