''rec ban'' issues

stallard99

most people just say ''rec ban'' for even the smallest of accidents, ones that are not intentional, i was doing about 40-60 KM/H, i go over a hill and then suddenly i see a truck, i slam on the brakes but accidentally rear ended him, thing is i couldn't see him over the hill to the last second, and then hes like ''Rec ban winter mod isn't an excuse'' i didn't use that as an excuse, so i'm probably gonna get banned for 9e9 years because of a small accident, but meanwhile this is going on:  https://prnt.sc/r6ir11  https://prnt.sc/r6ir38 and they don't get banned, so what if an accident happens, everyone does it!, Yeah just totally let the people who ram and be annoying not get banned but us people who do accidents  that are not intentional get banned for close to a weak! great!

Hello, the physics mod really has to be very careful because it is very slippery, I had seen that you already made another topic discussing the Administrators ...This is totally a discussion that you would not need to have here on the Forum. Administrators do not ban people by mistake, but they can prohibit people within the game because they are breaking the rules of the game.

Lots of people use "rec" or "rec ban" as a way of getting a degree of self-satisfaction or with the intention of trying to scare people. At the end of the day, anyone who says "rec ban" is not actually within their right to say it because only the moderators or admins have the last word when it comes to banning people after viewing the evidence.

There are many who use the winter mode and make accidents and say "sorry winter mod" ok. I understand that you like the mode but when you play you know that you slide hard, reduce the speed to road conditions and then say "sorry winter mode" that then even the mode is to blame for slipping a bit. I record all accidents, usually the world when I see someone who really does not control the shooting and crashes into me and after apologizing I do not report. I usually say "rec" "rec ban" to warn that man not to go so it is possible to get a ban. Sometimes after I say "rec" some people insult me and they can apologize for the carry over. We all make mistakes, but not everyone knows how to take on what they did. Good roads.

I didn't use winter mod as an excuse tho, The first time i had ever been banned i reduced my speed by a lot, but this guy was on a hill that i couldn't see over, and when i could, it was too late, i did try and brake without trying to lock the wheels up, but no luck, and he goes on about how he reports everyone, its a bit unfair, you may have different opinions tho.

and forget my first topic that was utter rubbish of me to say that Reaper9518.

Also don't forget, I don't try use winter mod as an excuse to avoid a ban, all i said was sorry i tried to brake, not really using it as an excuse

Hello stallard99

You are right the are a large number of users that use the "rec ban" tag however most don't actually record. There is a number of recording softwares out there that can be used to cover your back, if you ever get reported and you think it wasn't your fault having your own recording of the incident would help you greatly if appealed. Game Moderators are very experienced and have to go through training before becoming a GM so they are aware of what is just simply an accident and what is intentional, so you shouldn't be worried if it was a little accident.

I've had a moment a few months ago where my truck oversteered and the back hit the oncoming truck. The guy said "rec", but I was lucky that nothing happened afterward. But yeah I admit the conditions wasn't ideal, especially that I didn't have a trailer, and was driving on a dirt road with winter physics and weather on.

But in your case, yeah I can understand how frustrating it is when you're not able to stop in time. Generally I don't report for a fender bender from behind, but if I see the guy keeps hitting other trucks, then yeah I will consider it. If you can't stop to the limit of where you can see, you're probably going too fast.

KkdaC1b.png

1. Keep calm. Do not let anybody provoke you.
  2. Accept that you have been involved in an accident.
  3. Apologize to the other party or parties involved in the accident. Remember, an apology is not an admission of guilt but a gesture of goodwill and respect.
  4. Try to identify which root causes led to the accident. This can include video evidence, sketches of the situation and/ or similar. Do this as long as it is fresh and present in your memory.
  5. If the situation upsets you too much, log off and take some deep breaths. Again, do not let anybody provoke you.
  6. Try to think about what you can do to avoid such a situation in the future.

Adding to what @LordBenji said, you can think that 60 Km/h is slow enough, but clearly it wasn't in this case if you couldn't stop in time. You could've also tried to swerve instead of slamming the brakes, and finally, there's this thing in the SAT-NAV screen that works like a proximity radar... You can see blue dots where other vehicles are, so even if the road doesn't allow a lot of vissibility, you can always see the dot showing that there's an obstacle right ahead. It may break the simulation aspect a bit (there are no proximity radars on trucks IRL, AFAIK), but it's a must in TruckersMP IMO.

Don't worry about people who put "rec ban" in their tag or in chat after a collision, like Speedy said, most of these people don't even record anyway.  
Also, if something you did such as ramming was a pure accident, you have nothing to worry about, we can see what is accidental and what is intentional, for your situation, if you physically could not see the user until you went over the hill, then it simply was an accident.
What I would say is get yourself a recording software if you haven't already, there are so many great ones such as Shadow-Play, Medal, OBS, etc. If you do get banned and it wasn't your fault, appeal your ban and show us your version of the situation, we might look at it and rethink our decision on the ban, and best case scenario for you would be your ban been removed.?
I do want to agree with the above comment as well, keep an eye on your mini map, especially when approaching hills where you can't see over them, if you look at your mini-map before going over the hill and see a few blue dots just up the road inf front of you, you obviously know to slow down as you don't quite know what is happening ahead.

^^ OBS is being said to not lag or cause FPS drops, but I'd suggest to go with the own GPU's software, as it will be optimized for the card. nVidia's Share (formerly Shadowplay) or AMD Relive will get the most of the GPU with minimum impact on the performance. Only if you have integrated graphics you will have to use external softwares, and even Windows 10 has the XBOX game bar that allows users to record their gameplay too (not sure about how this latest one will affect the game´s performance, though, never tried it myself).

Hy, the peoples who use [rec ban] don't record most of the time, it's more like a way to bully or to say somehow to save problems with others either in accidents generated on purpose or without intention; but you have to make it clear, not because people who use the tag mentioned above don't record, doesn't mean that I always know about that situation, as well as some who don't use tags and their trucks look like "company or basic" and think they're "noobs" they can be the ones who are recording because they can take the simulation very seriously, so you should never trust yourself or believe in the appearances of some, because it can cost you that "over-confidence" very expensive; it's also always good to be backed up in video for situations, we're all people and we can be wrong, for example if you report someone who has similar number that you start [e.g. 2111 and you are 3111] you may take the ban by mistake when processing the information, and there is a video  it can help you make an appeal, and you can also help clarify the situation and you can also help have the servers in order without being A GM.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^ OBS is being said to not lag or cause FPS drops, but I'd suggest to go with the own GPU's software, as it will be optimized for the card. nVidia's Share (formerly Shadowplay) or AMD Relive will get the most of the GPU with minimum impact on the performance. Only if you have integrated graphics you will have to use external softwares, and even Windows 10 has the XBOX game bar that allows users to record their gameplay too (not sure about how this latest one will affect the game´s performance, though, never tried it myself).

Personally not had issues with either relive or OBS. Although started to use OBS over the GPU because of some issues but it would depend on your system.

Either way though, using them does not affect performance in game. Just a case of record for a set amount of time so that you dont have a not so much large file, just uber long that requires you to cut down the clips

YouTube Channel  Twitter  Twitch

I do record for compilation videos so any clips you have, submit them to [email protected]

EuroTruck Simulator 2 - Funny & Idiotic Multiplayer Moments #3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen these two words so much it is crazy. I believe most who type these two words do not truly understand the reason of them. For example let's say that driver A is traveling behind driver B when suddenly driver B lags causing driver A to veer to avoid a wreck but they get hit headon. First thing driver C is typing is record and report. They do not evaluate the incident to determine if it was an accident or simply on purpose. Not everyone on this game are out to troll. We have human instincts and when something like when another player lags in front of us or crashes ahead of us we are quick to try and avoid the incident ahead. Sometimes we can manage to get past with no problem and other times we are caught up in the incident. " Rec Rep " is honestly annoying to see people saying this. In my opinion they believe they are always right and whoever might have hit them no matter what are always wrong. People do make mistakes on here and accidents happen. We have to take each incident with a grain of salt and determine what is the proper course of action to take. If I know without any question in my mind that the player who hit my truck was a true accident I will ignore them as if nothing happens. Most are pretty quick to reply " sorry ID " and then continue on their way when others if you even tap their vehicle they are quick to report you and record you. It is honestly a waste of typing if you ask me. Accidents happen. We are human. Some things are better to be left alone. 

On 3/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, Chrizzle_izzda said:

it is best if you record everything. I recommend installing Bandicam and you will no longer be banned for small things.

You can make ban appeals here:

https://truckersmp.com/appeals

Plays tv was also good but now that is gone but bandicam is also a good alternative

$ĝ† $αl†™
                                                                                                                                            My Timeline

2015                              2016                                2017                                2018                                 2019                               2020

image.png.eb72a906ab285e9c832317a851ff8ba0.pngimage.png.608bcf9759f058e5ed629fbcd272c4d9.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.4212c57dd0bfa6d68705da04bffec7f8.pngimage.png.6a3b9da8b22eb70cf35d52e1c519ef60.pngimage.png.6128c9a945a66ae14868256932723412.pngimage.png.2127c084388aafe1d821d6900d1f3704.png

Hello, the people who always say "receive" mostly say it to generate fear or something similar in others or to feel superior to other players; now using the winter mod is somewhat more complex than the one without that mod since it makes things more slippery, but if you know how to drive as you should you should not have problems, but if you had a problem it is always advisable to record at all times from that you enter the server and thus have evidence for an eventual appeal.

Archived