Best accelerating truck in ETS2

McLaren2876

Hi,

If you are asking this because you're racing trucks in a simulator then that is up to you just don't drive recklessly.

There isn't really an answer to this if you are hauling cargo different weight of the cargo will affect the difference in acceleration but without trailer i'd assume either Scania Streamline 730HP Or either of the Volvo 750HP seem to be as fast.

With some calculations and testing. I've determined that a "older" Daf 4x2 + extra fuel tank, with a "modded" 750 HP engine from "old" Volvo, and a 6 speed transmission has some of the best times for 0-90 km/h, whether there's no trailer or with a lightweight trailer. I don't recommend the 6 speed if you plan to take it on roads with hills and heavy trailers.

I haven't tested the Volvo or Scania with a 6 speed, but I did test them with their original 12 speed direct drive transmissions. The Scania R 730 2016 4x2 has the fastest times of all the Volvo and Scania trucks available in the 12 speed category. That is due to the faster shifting that gives more advantage for pulling loads, especially on hills.

KkdaC1b.png

hy, just like that, the top 2 are volvo and scania, but you have to make the game with a correct transmission so you can put all that power on the wheels and not to be lost by torque ratio or also power distribution to be applied in acceleration as you want.

22 hours ago, GutzyTTV said:

A fast reversing truck would be a scania engine with a volvo 12 speed reverse, can get up to 30mph reverse

There's a Daf transmission (ZF 12TX2610TO) from the Daf Euro 6 that can reverse up to 75.9 km/h (47.1 mph) in theory, and I've tried it and it can go at 75 km/h indeed full reverse in R4 gear.

@McLaren2876 For RPM, that depends. There's a thing called "optimal torque band", some trucks have it generally between 1000-1400 RPM. When you're driving on hills, I strongly recommend to keep it at a higher RPM. Same applies for a 6 speed transmission, due that there's less gears and higher difference between ratios. As long as you don't go over 2000 RPM, you should be fine. I only have done a few tests between "disabled adaptive transmission" and "high power mode", and the high power mode was just slower at about 0.04-0.06 seconds, which is insignificant.

KkdaC1b.png

Hi.

It is difficult for me to say which truck has the fastest acceleration. Depending on how you modify the vehicle, it will have acceleration ... it's up to you. However, in my opinion, the best option is Scania or Ranault T.

Width!

Regards :)

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

19 hours ago, [Chenxi/EM]*Edmund said:

As far as I have experienced, the fastest acceleration truck is Renault T with 750hp engine, cuz it's the combination of the most powerful engine with the least weight.

According to game files specifications, the top 3 lightest chassis are:

1. Mercedes Actros 4x2 (old gen) at 6754 kg
  2. Iveco Stralis 4x2 at 6775 kg
  3. Daf XF (old gen) 4x2 (with or without extra fuel tank) at 6931 kg

The Renault T 4x2 is at 7612 kg.

15 hours ago, McLaren2876 said:

Is it illegal in truckers mp to mix up truck mechanical?

Like the engine, transmission, sounds, and anything else that is not "visual", yes it is 100% allowed. But you cannot use truck accessories onto cars and vice versa.

14 hours ago, shaaka said:

daf xf 105  750hp

or

renault t 750ch

Daf XF 105 (old gen) is lighter as I explained above in this comment. Even the newer gen Daf XF is lighter than the Renault T.

KkdaC1b.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure but I would say the both Scania and after that Volvo although Volvo has more performance I feel like Scania accelerates faster with and without trailer. I even saw a battle between the new Scania and Volvo, the Scania won so that might be evidence.

Kind regards,

Dogey ? 

Greetings Dogey ?

My preference is the best truck and handling system Scania S730. I think the Scania S730 is the truck that can be the best from 0 to 110a and has the best handling. 

Archived