What type of driver are you?

Gutzy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds pretty stereotyped to me.
What speed do you consider as slow and which as high?
I follow all road traffic laws, road signage and speed limits. What does that make me? I would define me as a cruiser.
IMO, mutual consideration and attention is the utmost importance in road traffic.

Speed is no sorcery - everybody can drive fast. For me the challenge is to follow all rules and deliver the cargo without damage.

1 minute ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Sounds pretty stereotyped to me.
What speed do you consider as slow and which as high?
I follow all road traffic laws, road signage and speed limits. What does that make me? I would define me as a cruiser.
IMO, mutual consideration and attention is the utmost importance in road traffic.

Speed is no sorcery - everybody can drive fast. For me the challenge is to follow all rules and deliver the cargo without damage.

I agree with you

“???????? ??? ??? ???? ?????, ???? ??? ??????????”

klMaegY.png DQtI0ZF.png

|| TruckersMP || Steam || Twitch || YouTube ||

I recently changed my stability and suspension settings, they were at 50% of the default values, now they are all at 0.0 (the sliders in the options, all to the left). I even lowered the brake intensity, instead of the default 1.0 or the maximum 3.0, I use 0.8 (not lower than that because I find it too risky to have weak brakes in MP, with so many people cutting off or running red lights/stop/yield signs). The most realistic feeling I've ever got in ETS2, but obviously, I can't even keep some speed limits when turning because my truck+trailer would tip over for sure. It's easy to go fast or even full speed when stability settings are maxed out, but I see it ridiculous to take a 90° turn at 70 Km/h with a heavy load trailer and nothing happens. It's not trains on rails, it's trucks.They are not supposed to behave like that. So, slow and careful it is.

I'm the sensible sort who tries to obey the speed limits and road signs, which isn't hard as I only do WoT contracts now which means I can't do more than 90km/h anyway. I'm also the type who isn't remotely bothered about how people behave around me. If you overtake me, cool; if you're stuck behind me and can't overtake? Hit your horn all you like, I don't mind; I have music on that will drown it out anyway and only play in cabin view, so I won't hear it.

Hi.  I am definitely cautious and slow when it comes to driving any kind of vehicle. :)

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

75% of the time I will drive to near exact Simulation standards, even stopping at red lights when there is no-one around. The only thing I often disobey is the 60km/h limit on small rounds in Germany, where I will usually sit between 70-80km/h depending on the road layout. 

At all times I will not normally drive above 90km/h, although most of my cargos are external market or external cargo so I do not have a lot of choice, but I just love the simulation driving. Not just because of my status, I was doing this well before ;) 

All the best;

~RB

Archived