Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wikinger2012 said:

both games has nearly NOTHING with Simulation or Realistic to do. and speedlimit must go away! 

Nope... and nope. As long as the base game is called Euro Truck SIMULATOR 2, this will be a simulator, regardless of how realistic it ends up being. If you feel like driving fast and crashing, try BeamNG, GTA V, Wreckfest and so on.

The speed limit has one purpose - limiting inexperienced or careless players from causing even more collisions than they already would - as it reduces the chances of dangerous overtaking, loss of control, sidewall collisions etc.

The devs give you a choice - if you want to play this game for what it is, a simulator, choose one of the simulation servers and drive accordingly; at least you won't be the one causing accidents if you do so.

If you feel like going full carnage mode, the arcade server is just for you, and guess what? It doesn't have any speed limits.

I'm sick of seeing trolls and 'racing drivers' whining about the speed limit like there's no tomorrow. Don't like it? Switch to arcade or play some other game. You won't be missed.

39 minutes ago, BarkingRat said:

I'm sick of seeing trolls and 'racing drivers' whining about the speed limit like there's no tomorrow. Don't like it? Switch to arcade or play some other game. You won't be missed.

I won't stand in the rest of your argument. Like the rest of the players in favor of the speed limit, you're offerring a one-sided argument and ignore many problems along the way, and you would probably reject any middle ground solution. But that last sentence is pretty bold. Because if the amount of players that desire a higher or no-speed limit server end up leaving, then they'll definitely be missed.

You should pick the choice of your words more carefully because what would happen if your wish were to come true. Would you enjoy playing on a server with 2k people or less? And enlighten me, which server did you play when there was no speed limit? EU1 or EU2?

Several of those replying in favor of the speed limit are just rude and even downright nasty, not willing to discuss any points, generalizing an entire group of players... Even if you're in favor of the speed limit, if these are the kind of people speaking for it, you won't gain anyone new agreeing with you. I'm honestly disappointed and disgusted that the "real players" speed limit side talks like a bunch of high school cyber bullies far more than the "full of trolls" non speed limit side. 

Oh, don't you guys worry... I was just as much against the speed limit at first as you are now. Not gonna lie, it took me some time to get used to it. But you know what? I understood it when, for the first time in 4 years (!) of driving on Calais-Duisburg, I was able to drive from one end of the road to the other without having to teleport to the service, or to drive my truck with xx% damage. And not just once, but pretty much every time since the speed limit was introduced.

You're both throwing many bold words there for no good reason. I don't see any solutions, any suggestions, any examples... just personal attacks. 

Proof of players adapting to the rules is that the playerbase of the game has expanded, despite the tightening of rules such as the speed limit. Regarding the 'many problems along the way', which exactly are those? Getting bored more easily? Not getting to your destination at lightning speeds? Not being able to test how many Gs a truck can withstand before rolling to the side? Because I'm pretty sure most people would rather choose getting to their destination slower rather than being hit by someone going 150 km/h and ultimately never reaching it. Actually, proof of that is that the TruckersMP servers still fill up every day, despite the speed limit. 
Even if you can drive safely at 150 km/h, there's still plenty of people that can't. By limiting their access to such speeds, they'll be less likely to lose control and cause accidents.

In my personal opinion, the speed limit brought more advantages than disadvantages. Would I mind if it gets removed? No, I wouldn't really care, as I've continued playing TruckersMP for 5 years now, even if I wasn't happy with all of the changes. What pisses me off though are butthurt people that cannot accept a single change without going full rant mode and stomping everyone in their way if they don't agree with them.

Now to the solutions. Say the speed limit won't be changed. I'd look into introducing a driver rating system where the more you've played without causing accidents, the higher you'd be ranked, allowing you to drive faster. Every report filed to your account would lead to a downgrade in level and new rules, such as the 110 kph speed limit. I'm not saying it's easy or cheap to implement, but it's one way to satisfy more players without leading to higher accident rates.

1 hour ago, BarkingRat said:

Now to the solutions. Say the speed limit won't be changed. I'd look into introducing a driver rating system where the more you've played without causing accidents, the higher you'd be ranked, allowing you to drive faster. Every report filed to your account would lead to a downgrade in level and new rules, such as the 110 kph speed limit. I'm not saying it's easy or cheap to implement, but it's one way to satisfy more players without leading to higher accident rates.

Basically, I find your suggested solution interesting.

Could you explain your idea further?
I am especially interested in how you plan to determine the number of accidents of a player:
a time to accident ratio or a kilometer to accident ratio maybe?

My thought about that are as following:
A time to accident ratio would open the doors to players ranking up while sitting idle (even being AFK), which of course would not make much sense at all.
Both ratio would bear the disadvantage that players who do not have much time to drive on their hands would consequently rank up slower, even if they drove more safe than players that had plenty of time to spend in-game.

I am interested in hearing from you again.

22 minutes ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Basically, I find your suggested solution interesting.

Could you explain your idea further?
I am especially interested in how you plan to determine the number of accidents of a player:
a time to accident ratio or a kilometer to accident ratio maybe?

My thought about that are as following:
A time to accident ratio would open the doors to players ranking up while sitting idle (even being AFK), which of course would not make much sense at all.
Both ratio would bear the disadvantage that players who do not have much time to drive on their hands would consequently rank up slower, even if they drove more safe than players that had plenty of time to spend in-game.

I am interested in hearing from you again.

I'd look at the amount of accepted reports filed on the website - it's an easier tracking system. So if you got a report for instance, you'd get a level downgrade for a period of time - say 1 to 3 months.

Unlike the current report system, where the ban duration increases with the number of reports, I'd keep it at a fixed rate, allowing drivers that have improved their behaviour in the meantime to return to a higher level and therefore have less restrictions.

If levels were to be introduced, I'd also consider turning collisions off for the lowest-ranked players (ie the ones that have been reported the most amount of times) and enabling collisions and increasing the speed limit from a level onwards. For instance, trustable players (with no speed restriction) could more safely overtake inexperienced or reckless drivers (with a speed limiter) and therefore overcome the current problem of overtaking when both players are travelling around 110 kph.

Gentlemen let's be honest with themselves, realism in a game, because that is "a game" is almost impossible; there can be realisms in 80% of things here is the closest thing to reality itself, but we must also be realistic in things, the limiter more than a security measure is a measure of equality between players, as this by summoning +12000 players stop approx per day in the total sum of servers; it is obvious that there will be differences the shape of the game and their settings; a practical example is what happened to me, I love the MB actros classic, but with a top engine 598 Hp v/s one over the 700 Hp without brand, it would be dangerous to take them to places without established limits since with different accelerations and powers you can an accident by reach or bad overtaking. then we can see that it is a measure to avoid situations where the performance of the trucks and their differences lead to accident-leading situations. 

And I add that a limiter or without a limiter will not influence the number of accidents, you're sure to wonder why, it's easy, even if this was like max a speed of 80 I assure you that there is no missing player who still gives them as F1 runner or that you create the only one on the route and pass over all of us, then in the face of such a situation... where a player can go at low speed but giving beats others, or doing troll will not serve the limiter... or perhaps in situations of irresponsible drivers who may go 20 km/hr less to the limit will you also resort to lowering the limits??

Gentlemen the best measure against players who do not respect is not even reduce maximum speeds, apply more restriction or take collisions, the answer is EDUCATION about good driving practices; because even if we were all 150 km/hr or more if we know RESPECT THE OTHER PLAYER and there should be no accidents or reports; but as this is a simulation game and not a certified simulator you can't require a newcomer to know the rules of traffic, TMP and online game society by heart as it is the same thrill of entering to a new world that can make you have a hard time; in addition to that here I see that a lot of those who want a limiter equal to or less the current have EXPERIENCE, something that most reported or infringers do not have since they are new to this.

I'm not against the limiter, it's more I think I should maintain for order, safety and equal conditions for all, but at a faster rate, because if you do a job from MILAN to OSLO at 110 in complete loneliness in certain stretches, it is better to finish it faster and does not mean that one is crazy to go to 130, you can easily respect everything and here we fall back on the basis that education is the paramount thing to avoid accidents; also as a last one is to add that it is appreciated that TMP wants to come up with a simulation quite faithful, but let's remember that this is a game to be distracted and recreated, in addition to the that while the over speed is not punished with BAN, always refloated for lack of penalties, and lastly it is the matter that I prefer that the limit be 130 before there is no one, since always a limit is good when you're thinking about the safety and order of the great majority.

My thoughts... Remove speed limits. But make it so servers enforce all stabilities, suspensions and brake sensitivity at 0.0 values. Remove the /fix command. Stricter punishments, 1 month minimum, shouldn't be a problem because those who want to drive as fast as possible are good drivers who can handle the speed and don't need to worry about being banned for causing accidents. Keep the arcade server as it is currently for those who don't want to risk tipping over at most turns or being banned for lack of driving skills.

4 hours ago, BarkingRat said:

Oh, don't you guys worry... I was just as much against the speed limit at first as you are now. Not gonna lie, it took me some time to get used to it. But you know what? I understood it when, for the first time in 4 years (!) of driving on Calais-Duisburg, I was able to drive from one end of the road to the other without having to teleport to the service, or to drive my truck with xx% damage. And not just once, but pretty much every time since the speed limit was introduced.

In my personal opinion, the speed limit brought more advantages than disadvantages. Would I mind if it gets removed? No, I wouldn't really care, as I've continued playing TruckersMP for 5 years now, even if I wasn't happy with all of the changes.

There's been suggestions over the course of years that could have solved reckless driving and there are measures that could have been implemented before limiting the speed to 110 km/h. You're just looking in the wrong place because this is a discussion post, not the suggestion forum. The speed limit brought as many problems as it solved. Like you said the speed limit didn't have an effect on you, but it certainly had an effect on many other players who either stopped playing or stopped enjoying the game like they used to. 

Proof of players adapting to the rules is that the playerbase of the game has expanded, despite the tightening of rules such as the speed limit. Regarding the 'many problems along the way', which exactly are those? Getting bored more easily? Not getting to your destination at lightning speeds? Not being able to test how many Gs a truck can withstand before rolling to the side? Because I'm pretty sure most people would rather choose getting to their destination slower rather than being hit by someone going 150 km/h and ultimately never reaching it. Actually, proof of that is that the TruckersMP servers still fill up every day, despite the speed limit. 
Even if you can drive safely at 150 km/h, there's still plenty of people that can't. By limiting their access to such speeds, they'll be less likely to lose control and cause accidents.

That statement is far from the truth. They only reason servers are filling up the past two to three weeks is because of the quarantine all around the world. Don't know if you were here the last few months or around Christmas vacations, but servers were not filling up at all. If i recall correclty, last year they had to extend server capacity twice during Christmas vacations. Ever since the Road to Simulation news, playerbase was struggling to reach 4k players, while last year the playerbase was growing and they had to increase server capacity every once in a while. So there's the first problem. And that situation is going to get far worse when the 2nd multiplayer mod goes live. Just read my posts above, i'm tired of repeating myself.

You're both throwing many bold words there for no good reason. I don't see any solutions, any suggestions, any examples... just personal attacks. 

What pisses me off though are butthurt people that cannot accept a single change without going full rant mode and stomping everyone in their way if they don't agree with them.

So far the only one who's throwing personal attacks here is you. You've called me butthurt, and in your previous post a troll and a racer. I'm far from going full rant mode. And what's the point of having a discussion if we both agree on something? I'm here to give food for thought to anyone who's willing to listen. If you think the situation is good and the mod is doing great playerwise then you have nothing to fear. But in my opinion, this mod needs to start making changes if it wants to keep its current playerbase. The time when people would decide whether to embrace the changes because this is the only multiplayer mod or leave is over. In a few months they will jump ship and join the other multiplayer mod. 

Regarding your suggestion, it's kind of impossible to implement this logic to the server. In general, it's way too hard to implement logic regarding the player within the game

13 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Like you said the speed limit didn't have an effect on you, but it certainly had an effect on many other players who either stopped playing or stopped enjoying the game like they used to. 

...and the flip side to that is, as I said, that those who accepted the change could now enjoy a more peaceful driving experience. EU #1, or Simulation 1 as it's known now, has had a speed limiter since as early as 2014, when I joined. Back then, the speed limit was 90 actually. The mistake on TruckersMP's behalf is that they kept the old EU #2 (now Arcade) with collisions turned off. Had they been turned on, I'd reckon more people would be driving on it now, leaving EU#1/Simulation 1 for VTCs and those who want to avoid accidents at all costs or drive in a more lifelike manner.

22 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

That statement is far from the truth. They only reason servers are filling up the past two to three weeks is because of the quarantine all around the world. Don't know if you were here the last few months or around Christmas vacations, but servers were not filling up at all. If i recall correclty, last year they had to extend server capacity twice during Christmas vacations. Ever since the Road to Simulation news, playerbase was struggling to reach 4k players, while last year the playerbase was growing and they had to increase server capacity every once in a while. So there's the first problem. And that situation is going to get far worse when the 2nd multiplayer mod goes live. Just read my posts above, i'm tired of repeating myself.

I've been around for long enough to see how players went up and down throughout the years. During the Christmas vacation, quite a lot of players were still trying out the ProMods server (turning Kirkenes into something worse than C-D). That was, indeed, one period when player counts on Simulation 1 went down. But I find it hard to believe that thousands of players left due to a new speed restriction of all reasons. Would that be a factor? Certainly. The primary factor though? Not so sure.

New players registering since the Road to Simulation update are unlikely to know what it's like to not have speed limits anyway, so they'd have even less reasons to ditch TruckersMP.

26 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

If you think the situation is good and the mod is doing great playerwise then you have nothing to fear. But in my opinion, this mod needs to start making changes if it wants to keep its current playerbase. The time when people would decide whether to embrace the changes because this is the only multiplayer mod or leave is over. 

I wouldn't make such claims until there's facts to base opinions upon. I find it equally hard to believe that suddenly a mass of TruckersMP players will switch over to some other multiplayer mod just because they have a higher speed limit (or none at all). If they end up doing so, I'm sure the heads of TruckersMP won't sit with their hands crossed and let that slide. Essentially, I wouldn't say anything about the new MP mod until it's up and running.

30 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Regarding your suggestion, it's kind of impossible to implement this logic to the server. In general, it's way too hard to implement logic regarding the player within the game

And the reason for that is?

26 minutes ago, BarkingRat said:

...and the flip side to that is, as I said, that those who accepted the change could now enjoy a more peaceful driving experience. EU #1, or Simulation 1 as it's known now, has had a speed limiter since as early as 2014, when I joined. Back then, the speed limit was 90 actually. The mistake on TruckersMP's behalf is that they kept the old EU #2 (now Arcade) with collisions turned off. Had they been turned on, I'd reckon more people would be driving on it now, leaving EU#1/Simulation 1 for VTCs and those who want to avoid accidents at all costs or drive in a more lifelike manner.

Even players in favor of the speed limit admitted that they didn't want to play on EU1 back in the day because it was empty. What's the point then on keeping collisions to the arcade server? The only thing new to the game would be the server names. Plus you can still enjoy a peaceful drive in the entire map besides the C-D road. Do you really need to visit that road if this situation bothers you so much? 

I've been around for long enough to see how players went up and down throughout the years. During the Christmas vacation, quite a lot of players were still trying out the ProMods server (turning Kirkenes into something worse than C-D). That was, indeed, one period when player counts on Simulation 1 went down. But I find it hard to believe that thousands of players left due to a new speed restriction of all reasons. Would that be a factor? Certainly. The primary factor though? Not so sure.

New players registering since the Road to Simulation update are unlikely to know what it's like to not have speed limits anyway, so they'd have even less reasons to ditch TruckersMP.

So basically you're choosing to ignore the fact that the server capacity hasn't grown the past year, especially when they claim that TMP has 3 million players. This is still just a guess by my side because i don't have any stats but i certainly watched the trend and compared 2018 and 2019.

I wouldn't make such claims until there's facts to base opinions upon. I find it equally hard to believe that suddenly a mass of TruckersMP players will switch over to some other multiplayer mod just because they have a higher speed limit (or none at all). If they end up doing so, I'm sure the heads of TruckersMP won't sit with their hands crossed and let that slide. Essentially, I wouldn't say anything about the new MP mod until it's up and running.

Yes like i said it's an opinion. I didn't present anything as fact. But I spoke with several players that have already signed up for the other mod and they seem willingly to quit playing here if the other mod offers them better settings. Now if anything, this vote should have taught you already that most players want a no-speed limit server (or higher speed limit at least) and i would argue that they'll probably jump ship when and if the other mod is up and running. 

And the reason for that is?

Because you need to have a basic understanding of how a game server works to offer a realistic suggestion. 

That's just one of the many opinions out there regarding the speed limit:

Screenshot_1.png

31 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

What's the point then on keeping collisions to the arcade server?

Not being reported/banned when causing an accident, making it more attractive to those who don't mind a bit of collision derby without the consequences. Would go along with some renaming, as I believe there's quite some stigma around that server.

So basically you're choosing to ignore the fact that the server capacity hasn't grown the past year, especially when they claim that TMP has 3 million players.

The number of servers increased. As such, players have more freedom of choice and are therefore less likely to all choose the same server.

As far as the 3 million player thing goes, I'm sure it's not hard to realise how they came up with the number and why they chose it. Typical fine print situation, but gives trust to potential players. Sure, it might not be accurate, but it isn't fabricated either. The fact that you can't see them on the servers is a consequence of the data on which they based that statement.

Yes like i said it's an opinion. I didn't present anything as fact. But I spoke with several players that have already signed up for the other mod and they seem willingly to quit playing here if the other mod offers them better settings.

Best of luck with the new mod. Pretty sure none of the admin team here would be happy with anyone endorsing any competition for TruckersMP, though.

Now if anything, this vote should have taught you already that most players want a no-speed limit server (or higher speed limit at least) and i would argue that they'll probably jump ship when and if the other mod is up and running. 

I know that the majority of players would indeed go against the speed limit and I don't need any reminding either. If it takes a competitor mod for TruckersMP to go back to the drawing board, so be it. You'll find me here or not playing any MP mod at all, either way. But I'm pretty sure plenty of people would switch back to the more 'familiar' TruckersMP if they do decide to remove the speed limit, as you all seem to be so keen about it.

Because you need to have a basic understanding of how a game server works to offer a realistic suggestion.

Thank you for this very thorough explanation. I suppose the introduction of a new reporting system, map modifications, Patreon tags, admin profiles and so on were therefore gifts from the Gods.  Whatever my knowledge of game servers is, I'm not willing to improve it for the sake of providing a viable suggestion on a forum. If anyone with some position in TruckersMP is willing to read it through and use any piece of it, well done. If not... couldn't care less.

3 minutes ago, BarkingRat said:

The number of servers increased. As such, players have more freedom of choice and are therefore less likely to all choose the same server.

As far as the 3 million player thing goes, I'm sure it's not hard to realise how they came up with the number and why they chose it. Typical fine print situation, but gives trust to potential players. Sure, it might not be accurate, but it isn't fabricated either. The fact that you can't see them on the servers is a consequence of the data on which they based that statement.

Yes that's a convenient guess. But it's an alarming fact that server capacity has not increased for several months now and it took a quarantine to increase it on the main server. 

Not being reported/banned when causing an accident, making it more attractive to those who don't mind a bit of collision derby without the consequences. Would go along with some renaming, as I believe there's quite some stigma around that server.

You can't cause an accident in a server with no collisions. The only thing this server is useful is if you wanna drive a car like a maniac at 200 km/h or if you wanna make a racing event.

Best of luck with the new mod. Pretty sure none of the admin team here would be happy with anyone endorsing any competition for TruckersMP, though.

If that's what it takes to listen to the community then i'm fine with it. Like i've said so many times by now, before the speed limit, nobody forced you to drive at 150 km/h. You would join the server and start driving in whichever way you pleased. But the speed limit enforces me to drive in a way that i don't enjoy. So i had to resort to routes that had a limited capability for speeding and had plenty of people to be found. And that particular route is the C-D road. Before the speed limit i used to make deliveries in Scandinavia. Now, i only make deliveries between Calais,Lille,Brussels, Rotterdam, Duisburg and Dusseldorf. 

Thank you for this very thorough explanation. I suppose the introduction of a new reporting system, map modifications, Patreon tags, admin profiles and so on were therefore gifts from the Gods.  Whatever my knowledge of game servers is, I'm not willing to improve it for the sake of providing a viable suggestion on a forum. If anyone with some position in TruckersMP is willing to read it through and use any piece of it, well done. If not... couldn't care less.

When a suggestion regards changing the gameplay in way, it certainly requires some technical knowledge to at least touch a basic level of realism. That's why i told you at first that it's kind of impossible to implement. You simply asked for a reason and well the reason is you lack the technical knowledge. You don't have to be irritated about it.

14 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

My thoughts... Remove speed limits. But make it so servers enforce all stabilities, suspensions and brake sensitivity at 0.0 values. Remove the /fix command. Stricter punishments, 1 month minimum, shouldn't be a problem because those who want to drive as fast as possible are good drivers who can handle the speed and don't need to worry about being banned for causing accidents. Keep the arcade server as it is currently for those who don't want to risk tipping over at most turns or being banned for lack of driving skills.

Love that idea.

And in addition enforce a server-side economy and with that put an end to money/experience/skills cheating.

People who like to do things can still do things at a speed of 90. People who can't drive a good car at a speed limit of 80 can still crash into the wall. At present, only this TMP can realize multiplayer games. Everyone is tolerating if there are other multiplayer game developers who still play your TMP? We'll see

People who like to mess around at 90 will still mess around with people who don't have the ability to drive a good car, the speed limit of 80 will still hit the wall, currently only this TMP can achieve multiplayer games everyone is suffering if there are other multiplayer developers who still play your TMP? We'll see.

If you don't have the ability to drive a good car, the speed limit of 80 will still hit the wall. We'll see.

At present, only this TMP can achieve multiplayer games, everyone is endure, if there are other multiplayer game developers, who still play your TMP? We'll see.

On the topic of limiters do not serve for a single reason, there will always be someone who has an F1 soul and will run to the maximum no matter what the limit and they'll end up doing a mess, it's also not a problem that whether they get to the limit or not, it's that they don't have the experience of driving with other people in a place together, in addition, we have to think about whether one wants security and order, more restrictive measures can be taken against these players, such as by example the implementing speed reduction by level of prohibitions, starting in TMP being with limiter of 150 km/hr and then going down from 40 km/hr up to the 3 ban that is permanent, while for every kick of the system by some maneuver or reckless driving is discounted 10 km/hr each time to be kicked for the reasons said before, so it will be more efficient than the typical prohibition, because it is a matter of that if the permanent arrives, they only buy another counts and they keep putting together the same mess as always.

The reason why I say that the limiter should be eliminated is that even though this limiter exists and its speed has decreased, accidents and problems continue to persist; in addition to that some players can and have experience when driving at "high" speeds; Although I am still a bit in favor of some regulation at the time of driving for the players who have just arrived at TMP, since they are the ones who generally give more problems to others, but that more is solved with security measures and correct order and founded imparted by these players who only seek to break the rules and make chaos.

I think the speed limit should be removed. Many argue that it is realistic for the speed limit. In order not to be trolled. In real life there is no 110 speed limit in other countries. Those who go too fast are likely to have an accident. If it falls, there will be a penalty. No punishment will be imposed on those who advocate the removal of this speed limit. The speed limit in the city is 60, I think very little. It would be better if it were 80 as before. Now imagine that this has gone a very long way and that the roads are empty. We go with 110 even if no one is on the way. While the average 1500 km road takes 15 minutes on average, we go to the 15 minute road in 30 minutes due to the speed limit. What happens if we go slowly on a very empty highway? Anyone who wants a 3-lane road should go slow or those who want to go fast. I know there will be a lot of trolls, but this is something that happens in every game. Okay, I want the game to be realistic, but not by the speed limit. I think the speed limit should be 130. How realistic can this game be anyway?   Some friends say play on the Arcade server that wants speed. The arcade server is always empty. It is very nice to greet with trucks on the road. But it is empty.   This is my opinion

On 4/12/2020 at 4:02 AM, Josidiah said:

As A Veteran Of This Community I'll Be Glad When This Speed Limit Is Removed.   I For One Can Drive. Well. And I've Never Needed A Speed Limiter To Keep My Truck Driving In A Straight line...

We are two , speed limits only increase accidents , due to overtakings where they cant overtake others  , the reason is always the speed.

Personally I think that because this is such a divided topic it would be unfair to make it one or the other, I would like it if Sim1 had a speed limit for the people who like it that way and don't trust other players to keep within the legal limit, and Sim2 should have no limit for the people who don't mind speeding, or speeders and the higher risk of damage and collisions. I fall into the second category as I do love speeding a little, and find that it's more satisfying getting somewhere faster, and obviously the risk of crashing and getting find is enough of a deterrant it's self to keep my speed in check. I feel like a server imposed limit is just a bit insulting to me, but that's just how I feel about it.

To add to that whenever I hear the response "just play on arcade" I'd really rather play on a more populated server where I don't just phase through other players on the road, maybe if arcade had collisions enabled and a few more players I would reconsider it.

I'd like to know how anyone else feels about this and hopefully one day we can come to a better solution than this.

As I said an another thread:
Implement a Patreon system: Higher speed limit for 10$ per Month and everyone is happy.
TMP gets money for the uses of their servers and we get a higher speed limit with the same rules.

Everyone who not pay get the normal speed limit with 110km/h.

It is the same idea like most f2p MMOs. Pay and you get specials.

Should work here as the same way.

thats not possible we in American truck simulator dont have arcade server. we have just 2 server 1 eu and 1 us server thats it. and still both has nothing todo with simulation todo at this point yet. so give us the normal speed everywhere 170kmh and all will be abit happyer. next step release minimum the hole USA in like a day or two for free. thats more then 1000% possible scs  and tmp wise thx.

10 hours ago, Hecki said:

As I said an another thread:
Implement a Patreon system: Higher speed limit for 10$ per Month and everyone is happy.
TMP gets money for the uses of their servers and we get a higher speed limit with the same rules.

Everyone who not pay get the normal speed limit with 110km/h.

It is the same idea like most f2p MMOs. Pay and you get specials.

Should work here as the same way.

I think this is a wrong decision. Because the financial situation of some players may be bad. And that would be injustice. $ 10 is more expensive in some countries. For example = $ 10 in Turkey, 70 TRY happening. And this is not less money. There is no problem for me, but I think every player must be equal in Truckermp.

Archived