Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

On 5/10/2020 at 12:22 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

@Pillow answer unmistakable states that speed limit will not be changed for the given reasons.

it did not really lowered amount of accidents lol, im seeing even more accidents on c-d actually

On 5/5/2020 at 2:01 PM, Truckerpilot said:

The speed limit is set for a reason. If you don't like playing with a speed limit you can use the other servers that have this turned off. I for one along with many others think the speed limit is a great part of the server. It helps in reducing the amount of speed related crashes as well as reduces the amount of trolling someone can do if they can barley go faster than the average player. 

the only thing it reduces is amount of players you see while driving lol (because there is no speed differences anymore which is dumb)

but anyways it seems the player feedback does not matter in this project anymore

37683-firefox_2020-05-20_06-32-05.thumb.png.dfbbcf6f044d3949ac7e553d64118da9.png

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Roki100 said:

it did not really lowered amount of accidents lol, im seeing even more accidents on c-d actually

Just because there are still accidents on C-D road doesn't mean that their frequency or severity haven't been reduced.

ithe only thing it reduces is amount of players you see while driving lol (because there is no speed differences anymore which is dumb)

Honestly I really hate this argument considering most of the players that were speeding were already driving around at the highest speed they could manage.  If you just want to overtake players constantly, it doesn't matter if the speed limit is set to 200, 150, or 100 kph as players will still just drive at the fastest speed they can; otherwise you'll still pass the same amount of traffic in the oncoming lanes.

What would lead to more player encounters would be if more players followed the road rules and spread themselves out rather than using one (crappy) road as an idiotic race track.

but anyways it seems the player feedback does not matter in this project anymore

37683-firefox_2020-05-20_06-32-05.thumb.png.dfbbcf6f044d3949ac7e553d64118da9.png

That's because this project is run by the TMP team and they are in complete control of this mod. It doesn't matter what players want, the TMP team get to decide.  If they want to make it so we can only drive 300 HP pink trucks, than we have to learn to love 300 hp pink trucks.

50 minutes ago, amatikuski said:

Someone please explain to me what the reason is to drive excessively fast in a truck simulator. 

Physics allow it and it's extremely frustrating driving at a certain speed when you are in an endless straight with literally zero players around you.

4 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

Just because there are still accidents on C-D road doesn't mean that their frequency or severity haven't been reduced.

I agree that the speed limit did some good.

Honestly I really hate this argument considering most of the players that were speeding were already driving around at the highest speed they could manage.  If you just want to overtake players constantly, it doesn't matter if the speed limit is set to 200, 150, or 100 kph as players will still just drive at the fastest speed they can; otherwise you'll still pass the same amount of traffic in the oncoming lanes.

It does matter because there are other variables that affect maximum speed aswell ( cargo weight, truck brand etc). 110 km/h is a speed that any truck regardless the weight or brand can reach. Without a speed limit, the maximum speeds can vary from 130 to 160 km/h thus making long-distance driving more enjoyable and adding immersion to highway-driving.

What would lead to more player encounters would be if more players followed the road rules and spread themselves out rather than using one (crappy) road as an idiotic race track.

The C-D Road is not an idiotic race truck, that's just an idiotic opinion that people have in here even though they avoid the aformentioned road. So i can't help but wonder how they have an opinion about something that they don't even know.

That's because this project is run by the TMP team and they are in complete control of this mod. It doesn't matter what players want, the TMP team get to decide.  If they want to make it so we can only drive 300 HP pink trucks, than we have to learn to love 300 hp pink trucks.

Not really. You can always leave the mod. And a mod that doesn't grow is a mod with no future. 

I am for the increase of the speed limit but not for the disappearance. I think the limit should be set at 130 km / h. I think the cars are still controllable at this speed and the highways are limited to 130. For the trucks I am neutral. trucks in europe cannot pass the 100 km / h max, and again it is only in one country. But it is true that it is quickly annoying to be alone on a straight road where there is nobody. So i'm neutral.

20 hours ago, Pixi_09 said:

I am for the increase of the speed limit but not for the disappearance. I think the limit should be set at 130 km / h. I think the cars are still controllable at this speed and the highways are limited to 130. For the trucks I am neutral. trucks in europe cannot pass the 100 km / h max, and again it is only in one country. But it is true that it is quickly annoying to be alone on a straight road where there is nobody. So i'm neutral.

No matter at what number the speed limit is set,there will always be drivers who do not obey road rules and cause trouble to other players.The speed limit is only to lower down accident rate for , I think ,a tiny little bit. Real cautious drivers will slow down at wihere they need and drive safely when reckless drivers turn at 110kph and hit someone else.

35 minutes ago, housityu said:

Quel que soit le nombre de limites de vitesse fixées, il y aura toujours des conducteurs qui n'obéissent pas aux règles de la route et causent des ennuis aux autres joueurs.La limite de vitesse ne sert qu'à réduire le taux d'accidents pour, je pense, un tout petit peu. Les vrais conducteurs prudents ralentiront là où ils en auront besoin et conduiront en toute sécurité lorsque les conducteurs téméraires tournent à 110 km / h et heurtent quelqu'un d'autre.

I totally agree with you. But must still keep a limitation because for some players, it's tempting to accelerate. so limiting speed to 130 is ideal.

Hello,

The speed limit must be maintained because for some it can bring benefits and for other harm, for example one may know how to enjoy it well and the other may come to hinder another player because he does not know how to use this released speed correctly, due to what he has the arcade servers to enjoy the speed as much as you want without harming another player.

Best regards,

Harmful Black Wolf

On 5/21/2020 at 1:19 AM, Pixi_09 said:

I'm glad that there are people that can look at both perspectives. Like i've said before, the speed limit has done some good into the game, i don't deny that.

But in my opinion it serves as an obstacle on the growth of the community. For me that's the worst effect it can have. In the past, I've watched small gaming communities shrink due to bad decisions and they've always ended up the same way. With a group of veterans playing the game until the service shuts down eventually. Honestly, i don't wanna see TruckersMP following the same path.

I only wish the servers would offer more diversity in settings. In the end, a no-speed limit server with collisions enabled would attract more players and they could remove the reporting system from that server if monitoring is such a hard task for a server like that. Video-report could still work. I guess players would understand that and in the end, it would draw the attention of many people. The quarantine days gave us a brief look of what the servers would look-like with a growing community. Imagine if server space would grow even more.

4 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Je suis content qu'il y ait des gens qui peuvent regarder les deux perspectives. Comme je l'ai déjà dit, la limite de vitesse a fait du bien au jeu, je ne le nie pas.

Mais à mon avis, cela fait obstacle à la croissance de la communauté. Pour moi, c'est le pire effet que cela puisse avoir. Dans le passé, j'ai vu les petites communautés de jeu se réduire en raison de mauvaises décisions et elles se sont toujours retrouvées de la même manière. Avec un groupe de vétérans jouant le jeu jusqu'à ce que le service s'arrête finalement. Honnêtement, je ne veux pas voir TruckersMP suivre le même chemin.

Je souhaite seulement que les serveurs offrent plus de diversité dans les paramètres. En fin de compte, un serveur sans limite de vitesse avec des collisions activées attirerait plus de joueurs et ils pourraient supprimer le système de rapports de ce serveur si la surveillance est une tâche si difficile pour un serveur comme celui-ci. Le reportage vidéo pourrait encore fonctionner. Je suppose que les joueurs comprendraient cela et à la fin, cela attirerait l'attention de nombreuses personnes. Les jours de quarantaine nous ont donné un bref aperçu de ce à quoi les serveurs ressembleraient avec une communauté en pleine croissance. Imaginez si l'espace serveur augmenterait encore plus.

I agree with you. All that remains to be seen .. so personally I will follow the case but I hope there will be a solution to this "problem".

On 5/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, TheCreepyTruckr said:

If they want to make it so we can only drive 300 HP pink trucks, than we have to learn to love 300 hp pink trucks.

Oh my God do it. Right now.

Jokes aside, it's important to understand that even with a vote put in place and the majority of players being in favor of a removal, it's important to keep in mind that a great deal of community members will be casting their vote with self-indulgence in mind. The TMP staff need to consider the harm that could be done to the community as a whole. That includes the amount of reports that come through, the amount of crashes that happen, the amount of frustration it will cause and the trends that such a decision will set.

In the end, most may find themselves unhappy with the speed limit remaining in place, but I imagine that it's entire removal may cause problems that render the mod unplayable by most people.

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

The way I see it is; yes people are already breaking rules with the limit being enabled but that doesn't mean removing the speed limit will decrease or even stop this issue, it'll only increase it by a terrific amount. 

Simulator 1 is already hard enough for the staff members to keep on top off and removing it will triple the amount of reports due to the notorious C-D road. This then will eventually spread to other servers such as Promods. Yes, the speed limit in some eyes may not seem that it's doing a whole lot but I can guarantee if the limit was removed tomorrow the amount of reports on Sim 1, Promods and other servers will be tripled.

Also, as said from above, this is a simulation server at the end of the day. It's not a "Need for Speed Trucks Edition" as said from the last time this debate was held. To be fair, 110kph (68? Mph) is a fairly reasonable speed for a truck, I mean... they don't have breaks like a Lamborghini or other type of sports car at the end of the day. 

At the end of the day there will always be people who agrees and disagrees, that's why debates happen. But we have to realise that these speed limits are in place for a reason and TMP wouldn't have added it if it wasn't a necessary addition. It's been around for a good few years now from what I can remember and it's going to be one of them things that's going to stay. In my view, these speed limits only adds benefits where as if it was to be removed it would add a load more disadvantages.

20 hours ago, NightBIade said:

The way I see it is; yes people are already breaking rules with the limit being enabled but that doesn't mean removing the speed limit will decrease or even stop this issue, it'll only increase it by a terrific amount. 

Simulator 1 is already hard enough for the staff members to keep on top off and removing it will triple the amount of reports due to the notorious C-D road. This then will eventually spread to other servers such as Promods. Yes, the speed limit in some eyes may not seem that it's doing a whole lot but I can guarantee if the limit was removed tomorrow the amount of reports on Sim 1, Promods and other servers will be tripled.

Also, as said from above, this is a simulation server at the end of the day. It's not a "Need for Speed Trucks Edition" as said from the last time this debate was held. To be fair, 110kph (68? Mph) is a fairly reasonable speed for a truck, I mean... they don't have breaks like a Lamborghini or other type of sports car at the end of the day. 

At the end of the day there will always be people who agrees and disagrees, that's why debates happen. But we have to realise that these speed limits are in place for a reason and TMP wouldn't have added it if it wasn't a necessary addition. It's been around for a good few years now from what I can remember and it's going to be one of them things that's going to stay. In my view, these speed limits only adds benefits where as if it was to be removed it would add a load more disadvantages.

They can always turn on the collisions on the arcade server and remove the reporting system. The point is to find a middle ground considering how many people desire a no-speed limit server. In the end, the simulation server will remain unharmed.

But you see the reason they don't do it, is because the sim server will empty. And at that point even 'simulation' players will migrate on the arcade server like they did in the past when EU2 was still a thing. Because in the end of the day, all those in favor of the speed limit, enjoy full servers but somehow they fail to see how the speed limit rule is killing the playerbase

@Random_Truck_Driver Than the issue isn't the speed limit, it's that players (kids) want to race and crash.  They're perfectly fine of speeding on the Arcade server; no one does though because they can't crash into other players.  If speed was the actual complaint than the Arcade server wouldn't have a shortage of players because you'd all be there happily racing around.

If the speed limit was unnecessary, there would've been a lot of reports for ramming or trolling, and the GM's would've had a lot of work to do.

It is as necessary at it gets, preventing stuff like that from happening and raising the realism level. This is why the speed limit is used in SIMULATION servers. 

In ARCADE you can play however you want, but in the SIMULATION servers it is more than necessary. It is vital.

2 hours ago, TheCreepyTruckr said:

@Random_Truck_Driver Than the issue isn't the speed limit, it's that players (kids) want to race and crash.  They're perfectly fine of speeding on the Arcade server; no one does though because they can't crash into other players.  If speed was the actual complaint than the Arcade server wouldn't have a shortage of players because you'd all be there happily racing around.

There's no difference in removing collisions from the simulation server either. Why do you need collisions? You're a careful driver and there's no chance you'll crash with someone, right?

This is a really naive argument and i've expressed my opinion about it in previous comments.

Collisions are necessary as well? You can be a careful driver but nine times out of ten you'd be hit trying to navigate through the garage in Duisburg, am not really sure why you are comparing speed to collision zone to be honest. However, it's a simulation server at the end of the day, people join to simulate not to go super fast like their playing Mario Kart. There are VTC's that use race miles where you have to follow the speed limit and for those who do WOT jobs or have truck limit enabled they will only be allowed to do 90kph. I've not seen many people complaining about WOT jobs personally and I've never been in a VTC that uses race miles but I doubt they complain about that either because they go on these servers to simulate. If people wish to race like they are on Mario Kart then there is an Arcade server for that. Removing the limit will just be a disaster and those who love to do WOT jobs, use race miles or even drive at 90kph will hugely suffer from that. To be reasonable here; most people drive reckless at 110kp and I wouldn't want to imagine how reckless they'll get at 130kph. It's as said; it's a simulation server and I highly doubt that server will ever get empty. The main reason why the player count is at a low at the moment is many people don't wish to downgrade which is fair, but they are waiting to have tmp updated and once it does I bet most if not all of them players will come back.

You say that the player base is dying but go back to when this lockdown in the UK started, many many many people joined and went on Simulation servers. I highly doubt speed is an issue to people leaving simulation servers.

2 minutes ago, NightBIade said:

Collisions are necessary as well? You can be a careful driver but nine times out of ten you'd be hit trying to navigate though the garage in Duisburg, am not really sure why you are comparing speed to collision zone to be honest.

That's what i'm saying basically. Collisions are necessary and that's why nobody is playing in the arcade server. Feel free to explain that @TheCreepyTruckr or anyone arguing that those who like to speed should drive on the arcade server.

However, it's a simulation server at the end of the day, people join to simulate not to go super fast like their playing Mario Kart. There are VTC's that use race miles where you have to follow the speed limit and for those who do WOT jobs or have truck limit enabled they will only be allowed to do 90kph. I've not seen many people complaining about WOT jobs personally and I've never been in a VTC that uses race miles but I doubt they complain about that either because they go on these servers to simulate. If people wish to race like they are on Mario Kart then there is an Arcade server for that. Removing the limit will just be a disaster and those who love to do WOT jobs, use race miles or even drive at 90kph will hugely suffer from that. To be reasonable here; most people drive reckless at 110kp and I wouldn't want to imagine how reckless they'll get at 130kph. It's as said; it's a simulation server and I highly doubt that server will ever get empty. s.

Look at that, I agree with you here aswell. Removing the speed limit in the simulation server will be a disaster. That's why i'm suggesting to simply add collisions in the arcade server. This way players who enjoy the simulation will not be harmed and they can keep on driving safely in their server.

The main reason why the player count is at a low at the moment is many people don't wish to downgrade which is fair, but they are waiting to have tmp updated and once it does I bet most if not all of them players will come back.

You say that the player base is dying but go back to when this lockdown in the UK started, many many many people joined and went on Simulation servers. I highly doubt speed is an issue to people leaving simulation server

I wasn't talking about the playerbase currently. I was talking in general because the playerbase is shrinking for the past year. This isn't something new and the quarantine period was a small glimpse of what the game could have been if the players didn't leave the game faster than the new players arrive.

This isn't the first time i'm doing this conversation. You can navigate a few pages back and read my arguments. I've made my points and i'm tired of repeating myself. They don't seem to care of what the majority of the players in here want. So as soon as there is another prospect for multiplayer, i won't feel bad for jumping ship.

17 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

That's what i'm saying basically. Collisions are necessary and that's why nobody is playing in the arcade server. Feel free to explain that @TheCreepyTruckr or anyone arguing that those who like to speed should drive on the arcade server.

Look at that, I agree with you here aswell. Removing the speed limit in the simulation server will be a disaster. That's why i'm suggesting to simply add collisions in the arcade server. This way players who enjoy the simulation will not be harmed and they can keep on driving safely in their server.

I wasn't talking about the playerbase currently. I was talking in general because the playerbase is shrinking for the past year. This isn't something new and the quarantine period was a small glimpse of what the game could have been if the players didn't leave the game faster than the new players arrive.

This isn't the first time i'm doing this conversation. You can navigate a few pages back and read my arguments. I've made my points and i'm tired of repeating myself. They don't seem to care of what the majority of the players in here want. So as soon as there is another prospect for multiplayer, i won't feel bad for jumping ship.

Alright that's fair. I personally don't tend to play on the arcade server or ever have played it in the past. Am guessing it's no collision because it's for people who may not like the collision aspect of Sim 1 but then again I don't know as I don't play it. Which is why am not really going to leave my view on that because I don't have any knowledge upon it, and if I try to answer then it'll plainly just be a guess. Maybe TMP will look into it if an actual suggestion is made. I see what you mean about making the server more arcade but for all I know there is a reason for it being no collision. Either way; am going to stop commenting on this post as I've expressed how I feel about the speed limit and am not going to touch on the arcade subject due to having no proper knowledge on to it.  

As i see this topic is an endless debate. No matter what changes are made, there will always be people trolling and goofing. I dont really see the 110kmh speed limiter working. People still take corners at that speed and cause collisions. I put 90kmh on the cruise control and drive. I still dont see a point driving faster than that.

And saying "this is far from simulation and boring long roads..." Well, maybe you are playing the wrong game then. Think about what this is and why you are here. If you get bored driving "slowly for long distances" then maybe this isnt the right game for you. There are plenty of other games to drive fast. I dont think a trucking simulator is made for that purpose. 

3 minutes ago, amatikuski said:

As i see this topic is an endless debate. No matter what changes are made, there will always be people trolling and goofing. I dont really see the 110kmh speed limiter working. People still take corners at that speed and cause collisions. I put 90kmh on the cruise control and drive. I still dont see a point driving faster than that.

And saying "this is far from simulation and boring long roads..." Well, maybe you are playing the wrong game then. Think about what this is and why you are here. If you get bored driving "slowly for long distances" then maybe this isnt the right game for you. There are plenty of other games to drive fast. I dont think a trucking simulator is made for that purpose. 

As long as I feel safe in the speed I'm driving, I see no reason to drive at 90 km/h. The game simulates truck driving indeed but the physics allow high speed driving. When I see an endless straight I like to accelerate for as long as I can. 

If the company had this mindset, they would not allow high speeds in the first place.

And I'm tired of hearing people tell me that this isnt the right game for me simply because I enjoy it in a different way than they do. In the end of the day, it's a free roam trucking video game.

1 minute ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

As long as I feel safe in the speed I'm driving, I see no reason to drive at 90 km/h. The game simulates truck driving indeed but the physics allow high speed driving. When I see an endless straight I like to accelerate for as long as I can. 

If the company had this mindset, they would not allow high speeds in the first place.

And I'm tired of hearing people tell me that this isnt the right game for me simply because I enjoy it in a different way than they do. In the end of the day, it's a free roam trucking video game.

You keep repeating that same comment over and over again. But you dont seem or even want to understand what a simulation game is. 

38 minutes ago, amatikuski said:

You keep repeating that same comment over and over again. But you dont seem or even want to understand what a simulation game is. 

You keep repeating that the game is a simulation but last I checked it doesn't even remotely approaches a simulation environment. When they achieve that, I'll start driving at 90 km/h. Until then, I'll treat as to what it is. A good trucking game.

20 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

If collisions are necessary why don't you people start making posts to implement collisions in the arcade server?  Instead we have constant posts of kids and crappy drivers wanting the speed limit removed on the SIMULATION server just because they want to be able to speed around other players.  Go turn the arcade server into the cesspit that was EU2 and leave the simulation server alone for those of us that actually enjoy it.

Archived