Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

6 hours ago, BanneD_ said:

Ok, First of all, overtaking is allowed.

The rule clearly states that overtaking is inappropriate in an area of extremely low FPS and/or in areas with large amounts of traffic, overtaking resulting in an accident or anything similar. This also includes overtaking on any one-lane in each direction road where there is excessive traffic such as a traffic jam. Areas with a large amount of traffic are considered to be 25+ players.

I never said anything against overtaking. I just pointed out, that even in a remote area, there are few people driving around, overtaking others (which means, that you wouldn't be able to react in time to avoid an accident by driving ~ 180 km/h with your car using both lanes of the road).

Furthermore if you click tab it shows the players in your session (basically the area around you).

That's true but in case I am not blind you haven't pressed TAB once in your 9 minute video, have you? And this is no answer to my comment, that there can always spawn someone in front of you at any time. Then you have no chance to react properly.

accidents are what make the game a bit more fun. It's the unpredictability that makes multiplayer better than the singleplayer. If you don't like accidents, then you shouldn't play on multiplayer anyway because humans make mistakes and crashing is within multiplayer. In the end, that's what makes it different than driving with AI.

For me personally there is a huge difference between people that make mistakes and people saying "accidents make the game a bit more fun". You aren't really talking about accidents that happen by mistake but it seems you'd like to force them by driving so fast you can barely control your car or truck. I have no problem with people doing mistakes, but I have a problem with people claiming that crashing into each other is fun and should be happen more often!

I like playing on MP because I don't have the feeling to be alone, even if I only meet 5-10 players per session. At least there are 5 - 10 people more than on SP :). This game is NOT about forcing accidents but about driving from point A to point B, delivering things because this is a simulation about being a truck driver, nothing more and nothing less. And in a simulation game you try to simulate something as realistic as possible and it isn't very realistic as a truck driver when you drive 110+ km/h, is it?

If you are bored just driving around, not crashing into other people than you should maybe change the game. This is my opinion.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Polyxena [GER] said:

I never said anything against overtaking. I just pointed out, that even in a remote area, there are few people driving around, overtaking others (which means, that you wouldn't be able to react in time to avoid an accident by driving ~ 180 km/h with your car using both lanes of the road).

That's true but in case I am not blind you haven't pressed TAB once in your 9 minute video, have you? And this is no answer to my comment, that there can always spawn someone in front of you at any time. Then you have no chance to react properly.

For me personally there is a huge difference between people that make mistakes and people saying "accidents make the game a bit more fun". You aren't really talking about accidents that happen by mistake but it seems you'd like to force them by driving so fast you can barely control your car or truck. I have no problem with people doing mistakes, but I have a problem with people claiming that crashing into each other is fun and should be happen more often!

I like playing on MP because I don't have the feeling to be alone, even if I only meet 5-10 players per session. At least there are 5 - 10 people more than on SP :). This game is NOT about forcing accidents but about driving from point A to point B, delivering things because this is a simulation about being a truck driver, nothing more and nothing less. And in a simulation game you try to simulate something as realistic as possible and it isn't very realistic as a truck driver when you drive 110+ km/h, is it?

If you are bored just driving around, not crashing into other people than you should maybe change the game. This is my opinion.

Actually you made it sound that overtaking is equivalent to reckless driving. In a remote area if you see more than 1 dot in the map ahead of you, you slow down and act accordingly. In my video, i'm driving in a server without collisions, why should i bother being careful?

My entire point was that it was a pretty simplistic easy drive even though i drove 180 km/h in the entire route. And you and @[S.PLH]Warrior have pointed that it was easy. That's my entire argument. That's why i'm asking to consider lifting the speed limit in the DLC areas. 

Once you notice trucks ahead of you in the map in a server with collisions, you slow down and overtake when possible. You're not travelling at light speed, there's always time to react.

5 hours ago, Polyxena [GER] said:

Crashing adds to the realism factor of the game. Because when playing in Singleplayer the only person that can crash your truck is you while in multiplayer you have to be careful about the other drivers aswell. That's what makes the game a bit more challenging and fun. And Define the difference between an honest mistake to a forced one. Can you? Can you ever truly know one's perspective (unless he records) besides an obvious case?

This game is NOT about forcing accidents but about driving from point A to point B, delivering things because this is a simulation about being a truck driver, nothing more and nothing less. And in a simulation game you try to simulate something as realistic as possible and it isn't very realistic as a truck driver when you drive 110+ km/h, is it?

Stop arguing about realism and simulation only when it suits your case. You're in no position to argue for it considering all the things in the game that are not even remotely realistic

48 minutes ago, BanneD_ said:

In my video, i'm driving in a server without collisions, why should i bother being careful?

My entire point was that it was a pretty simplistic easy drive even though i drove 180 km/h in the entire route. And you and @[S.PLH]Warrior have pointed that it was easy. That's my entire argument.

You are comparing apples with oranges. You just showed that you could drive easily up to 200 km/h on a straight route, without collisions being on and without meeting any other player. This proves nothing for driving with 200 km/h on one of the more popular servers.

If you want to prove something then you should settle up the right conditions (how would you drive safely with 200 km/h on a server where it is possible that you have contact with other players?)

35 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Because when playing in Singleplayer the only person that can crash your truck is you while in multiplayer you have to be careful about the other drivers aswell. That's what makes the game a bit more challenging and fun.

I understand your point and this is one thing I agree with you! The fact that you have other players to interact with (like overtaking, greeting, slowing down because they drive slowely or just want to turn left /right; having convoys no matter if planned or spontaneous) is also one thing that makes the MP so interesting and fun for me. But saying that having "accidents" make fun is in my opinion just selfish. Because when you have an accident there are always at least two people being involved. And who knows if your opponent also thinks that having this accident right now is funny? As I already said people always do mistakes and there is nothing to say about people who have accidents by making a mistake (because they underestimated a curve, haven't looked at the road or pressed the wrong button).

But removing or raising the speed limit (what you guys are suggesting) just increases the chance of people doing mistakes. So you intentionally want to have more accidents and mistakes on the road rather than want to have more people on the map in general and this is something I don't like.

35 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Stop arguing about realism and simulation only when it suits your case. You're in no position to argue for it considering all the things in the game that are not even remotely realistic

I have the same right to argue and to defend my point of view as you have :) . Everybody has it's own opinion about how to play a game and what is making fun and what isn't. In this forum I see people liking the simulation aspect of the game and try to play it as realistic as they can and I see people disliking the speed limit and wish there were more people crashing into each other. Both sides have their arguments and their point of view.

But removing or raising the speed limit (what you guys are suggesting) just increases the chance of people doing mistakes. So you intentionally want to have more accidents and mistakes on the road rather than want to have more people on the map in general and this is something I don't like.

I've argued plenty of times how the speed limit rule has caused more harm into the game and the playerbase than it prevented. You simply fail to see it. Although, now that the quarantine measures are slowly going away, feel free to look at the playerbase crumble once again.

I have the same right to argue and to defend my point of view as you have 

Yes indeed but as part of your 'arguments', you use situational examples that only fit your use-case.  That's why you kept nit-picking my sentences instead of answering each one of my points in the previous comments.

And like i told you in the private message, that makes your argument naive and childish and you basically 'prove' nothing.

In this forum I see people liking the simulation aspect of the game and try to play it as realistic as they can and I see people disliking the speed limit and wish there were more people crashing into each other.

Another example of a bad argument. The world is not black and white. You equate anyone arguing in favor of lifting the speed limit as a bumper car driver and fail to see any harm that the speed limit rule has caused into the game. You see how childish and naive that is? 

If the game is fun for you now, it was fun for you before and that hasn't changed. Your way of driving hasn't changed. The places you drive also haven't changed. Mine did and it's ruined the game for me.

Now you can naively conclude once again, how that makes me a reckless racer and how people like me should leave this game. Maybe eventually your wish will come true when the other Multiplayer mod goes live and maybe then you'll understand what i'm currently arguing for.

2 hours ago, Polyxena [GER] said:

You are comparing apples with oranges. You just showed that you could drive easily up to 200 km/h on a straight route, without collisions being on and without meeting any other player. This proves nothing for driving with 200 km/h on one of the more popular servers.

If you want to prove something then you should settle up the right conditions (how would you drive safely with 200 km/h on a server where it is possible that you have contact with other players?)

I find it amusing that you think that the situation will be different on Sim 1 in a place like Scandinavia. In a full server, You won't come across more than 10 players in that route. And my driving would have been slightly more careful as soon as i would approach another truck. All in all, i highly doubt it's apples and oranges.

Actually you made it sound that overtaking is equivalent to reckless driving. In a remote area if you see more than 1 dot in the map ahead of you, you slow down and act accordingly. In my video, i'm driving in a server without collisions, why should i bother being careful?

My entire point was that it was a pretty simplistic easy drive even though i drove 180 km/h in the entire route. And you and @[S.PLH]Warrior have pointed that it was easy. That's my entire argument. That's why i'm asking to consider lifting the speed limit in the DLC areas. 

Once you notice trucks ahead of you in the map in a server with collisions, you slow down and overtake when possible. You're not travelling at light speed, there's always time to react.

What i mean was that you can drive on arcade server without speed limit on the entire map that is also including DLC areas and C-D, As for simulation servers it won't happen that we add different speed limit for different countries.

3 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

As for simulation servers it won't happen that we add different speed limit for different countries.

Which is sad because in a few months when there will be 2 multiplayer mods the mod will lose even more of its playerbase.

It's sad watching the main server currently struggling at 2.5-3k players. I can't imagine what that number will be when IFMP goes live.

EDIT: Until last year the mod kept growing. Now, it's shrinking. It's surprising, saddening and worrying that the upper staff think we're moving towards the right course.

3 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

^ few months, few years we still need to see actually gameplay from them,

I remember when people used to say that for TruckersMP. I remember when even SCS has said for truckersMP that it's impossible to create multiplayer on ETS2.

Of course many will play there also who are permanently banned from our servers.

some will go and some will stay, in the end its for the community their decision on which multiplayer they gonna play.

Yes indeed and judging by that vote, it might be more than some. 

10 hours ago, PooDy said:

They can Leave at least we finally have less reckless drivers.

there's always more of them, and I'd say more than before.
People who drive on the road in C.D. and those who want to see or create accidents don't care how fast they can do it.

the number of times I've been in an accident has increased tremendously since last year for me.
I don't make a report on the website every time because of lack of time but otherwise I will be able to do much more than before.

12 hours ago, PooDy said:

They can Leave at least we finally have less reckless drivers.

I quite frankly don't understand the hate for reckless driving. If you hate it so much all you have to basically do is avoid one road. Seriously How has it affected your gameplay? 

Do you really prefer watching the servers struggling to fill and playing with 2-3k people in a vast map like that? So many players in here who argued in favor of the speed limit rule, claimed that in the past they enjoyed playing on EU2 because it had more players.

Last year the game was about to reach 5k players in the main server. It kept growing.

This year the game feels like dying. There's an average of 4k players in all servers most of the day, peaking for a couple of hours at 6k players in the night (european) hours. How's that makes the game better? Please explain it to me, because i fail to see what's so good about the thing you all clearly see.

8 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Last year the game was about to reach 5k players in the main server. It kept growing.

This year the game feels like dying. There's an average of 4k players in all servers most of the day, peaking for a couple of hours at 6k players in the night (european) hours. How's that makes the game better? Please explain it to me, because i fail to see what's so good about the thing you all clearly see.

In case you don't know there's a page where anyone can check the statistics from the servers. And these are the statistics that I got just 2 minutes ago:

05.09.2020-23.06.48

So maybe you should check it too, from time to time, instead of trying to prove your "TMP is dying" point with fake numbers.

10 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I quite frankly don't understand the hate for reckless driving. If you hate it so much all you have to basically do is avoid one road. Seriously How has it affected your gameplay? 

Because reckless driving isn't limited to just one road, it's everywhere; I don't go anywhere near the C-D Road and yet I've been crashed into in plenty of other places. Why should someone who can't control their vehicle ruin the enjoyment of others who can?

I also find it somewhat ironic that you claim you can't understand why people hate reckless driving so much; I could equally say I don't understand how you could advocate the removal of a speed limit in a game that isn't meant for high speed driving, and that perhaps you should play a game meant for it.

2 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

In case you don't know there's a page where anyone can check the statistics from the servers. And these are the statistics that I got just 2 minutes ago:

05.09.2020-23.06.48

So maybe you should check it too, from time to time, instead of trying to prove your "TMP is dying" point with fake numbers.

I wish i've known that site existed earlier. I would have better data to present because i've been watching the number trends from ets2map.com. Same API but i would have images with some charts. Anyway let's get to the point.

Like you said, this chart depicts the maximum number of players in all servers for every day which makes its data completely useless. You're basically comparing server space and you further prove my point that the game is not growing. To understand what growing means i'm gonna show you in particular the Sim1 server which is the most popular one.

Screenshot_8.thumb.png.9f2d882452749bc2dd738b99976048ca.png

Do you see how the maximum number grows in time.That's because they kept increasing server space. That doesn't give you any information about the average number of players played in that point. Or are you gullible enough to believe that the game had more players in 2017 because one day it peaked to 12000? 

Anyway that chart is not completely useless.

The following images depict Sim1's peak numbers. In 1st of June 2018 the staff increased the maximum server population to 4200. 

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.b487635ec85909f155f766f091a67d38.png

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.43858266c15e7283f2198829392b6bfb.png

Tell me do you see it? You see how clean that line is from June 1, 2018 up to the road to simulation. The server peaks almost every day at 4200 population. If it doesn't you simply take a look in the 2nd image and you see that there's always an update or something that keeps the server from peaking. Now look what happens after the Road to Simulation. There is a small latency period as i like to call it. At first it seems that nothing's changed. But slowly what you get is a struggling server.

But these are simply maximum numbers. They can't properly show changes because they're dependant on server capacity. We could go even further and see what the numbers your provided mean.

ETS2 total Server capacity in December 2019 was 22.500. Let's add another 3000 for the ATS servers. So 25.500

ETS2 total Server capacity in December 2018 was (12500 - 14500). - Same here - (15500 - 17500)

So based on your chart Truckersmp servers had 11988/16500 players in December of 2018 which is 72.6% repleteness.

In December 2019 Truckersmp servers had 11394/25500 players which is 44.6% repleteness.

Again does that really show anything?

This chart is useless. These are all circumstancial data. You need the average number of players to make a proper presentation. Like i said in the beginning, all it proves is that the game is not growing. 

PS: If you still don't get it, i hope these two images will make it clear. Below is 8th of May (1st image) and 3rd of May (2nd image also last day of quarantine). In 1st image the server peaked at 3041 players which is the registered number (Shown in 3rd image). In 2nd image the server peaked at 4492 players. But seriously do you see the difference?

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.6b806fc36147b7bb67f792b796803def.png

Screenshot_7.thumb.png.8074d22ae683ab22560185d895bb140b.png

Screenshot_2.png

11 minutes ago, McclaudEagle said:

Because reckless driving isn't limited to just one road, it's everywhere; I don't go anywhere near the C-D Road and yet I've been crashed into in plenty of other places. Why should someone who can't control their vehicle ruin the enjoyment of others who can?

I also find it somewhat ironic that you claim you can't understand why people hate reckless driving so much; I could equally say I don't understand how you could advocate the removal of a speed limit in a game that isn't meant for high speed driving, and that perhaps you should play a game meant for it.

Who advocates that the game is not meant for high speed driving? And what is considered high speed driving?

If SCS allows trucks to go at 130 km/h or more is because the physics allow it and thus there's no point limiting tthe player to a certain playstyle.

Why should i be limited to 110 km/h in the highway especially when i have an endless straight ahead of me? It only makes the game boring. Certainly the speed limit did some good to the C-D road but it ruined the rest of the map.

What's the point to do a long distance journey? Drive on my own locked in a certain speed without a chance of meeting another player? 

And i could argue the exact same thing for you. If your enjoyment is ruined by one accident perhaps you should consider playing singleplayer because unpredictable driving is the first thing that the multiplayer offers and it's what makes it a bit more fun and challenging than driving with AI.

1 minute ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Who advocates that the game is not meant for high speed driving? And what is considered high speed driving?

If SCS allows trucks to go at 130 km/h or more is because the physics allow it and thus there's no point limiting tthe player to a certain playstyle.

Why should i be limited to 110 km/h in the highway especially when i have an endless straight ahead of me? It only makes the game boring. Certainly the speed limit did some good to the C-D road but it ruined the rest of the map.

What's the point to do a long distance journey? Drive on my own locked in a certain speed without a chance of meeting another player? 

And i could argue the exact same thing for you. If your enjoyment is ruined by one accident perhaps you should consider playing singleplayer because unpredictable driving is the first thing that the multiplayer offers and it's what makes it a bit more fun and challenging than driving with AI.

When I go out and buy a game called Forza Motorsport which is a marketed as a racing game, I expect to be able to go fast. When I bought ETS2, marketed as a truck driving simulation game, I certainly didn't have any expectation about being able to drive fast. This is why I find it ridiculous that people want to drive at high speeds; you bought a game knowing it was about driving one of the slowest types of road vehicles on the planet, why is there an obsession with increasing the speed limit to unrealistic levels?

As for your point about 'not having a chance to see other players'; how would increasing the speed limit make any change to this?

All increasing the speed limit would achieve is that everyone's driving to the new, higher speed and thus you still won't see any more people than you do now simply because you won't catch up to them either. Whether the speed limit is 110 km/h or 130 km/h, your chance of seeing more people on your side of the road doesn't exactly increase by any substantial degree. If you're not happy with speed limits, don't play a server that is meant for simulation driving, it really is that straightforward.

To address your final point; I never said that 'my' enjoyment was ruined by reckless driving (I don't get hit even remotely often enough to care), just that for plenty of other people, it isn't fun and I can't blame them; I've been on a very long delivery and as I got about 200 miles away from the destination, someone who was speeding and driving recklessly forced his way into my lane and pushed my truck over the central barrier into opposing traffic. How can that be fun for anyone?

To be honest, I don't even know why people are still discussing the speed limit; it's been set to what it is for a reason because the owners want a simulation experience and clearly no amount of discussion has or likely will change that. If people don't like it, they're more than welcome to learn how to make their own multiplayer mod instead of insisting the owners of TruckersMP bow to their demands.

21 minutes ago, McclaudEagle said:

When I go out and buy a game called Forza Motorsport which is a marketed as a racing game, I expect to be able to go fast. When I bought ETS2, marketed as a truck driving simulation game, I certainly didn't have any expectation about being able to drive fast. This is why I find it ridiculous that people want to drive at high speeds; you bought a game knowing it was about driving one of the slowest types of road vehicles on the planet, why is there an obsession with increasing the speed limit to unrealistic levels?

Because it's game, the physics don't simulate real speeds and define unrealistic. There are videos in this thread from real life showing Scania trucks driving at 150 km/h. Did you also think that playing ETS2 would get you a C1 driving licence? 

As for your point about 'not having a chance to see other players'; how would increasing the speed limit make any change to this?

All increasing the speed limit would achieve is that everyone's driving to the new, higher speed and thus you still won't see any more people than you do now simply because you won't catch up to them either. Whether the speed limit is 110 km/h or 130 km/h, your chance of seeing more people on your side of the road doesn't exactly increase by any substantial degree. If you're not happy with speed limits, don't play a server that is meant for simulation driving, it really is that straightforward.

But i'm not arguing to increase the speed limit, i'm arguing to remove it.

To address your final point; I never said that 'my' enjoyment was ruined by reckless driving (I don't get hit even remotely often enough to care), just that for plenty of other people, it isn't fun and I can't blame them; I've been on a very long delivery and as I got about 200 miles away from the destination, someone who was speeding and driving recklessly forced his way into my lane and pushed my truck over the central barrier into opposing traffic. How can that be fun for anyone? 

To be honest, I don't even know why people are still discussing the speed limit; it's been set to what it is for a reason because the owners want a simulation experience and clearly no amount of discussion has or likely will change that. If people don't like it, they're more than welcome to learn how to make their own multiplayer mod instead of insisting the owners of TruckersMP bow to their demands.

Yes, this is a situation that more or less, all of us experience once in a while. All you can do is press f7 and move on and if possible video report the player.

I never said that the speed limit didn't have an effect in reckless driving. I argued that it had more negatives than positives and that's why it should be removed. Because even though we've seen plenty of extra features in TMP servers, the playerbase is not growing. And given the fact that there are 3 million players registered in the mod, i can't help but wonder where have they gone?

@Random_Truck_Driver You keep trying to twist things, using a specific server, or specific dates. What I gave is a graphic of Total server usage through a period of over 2 years. Look at it however you want, make any interpretations you want, the amount of people using TruckersMP hasn't been lower in 2020 than it was in 2019. Remember what you said: There's an average of 4k players in all servers most of the day, peaking for a couple of hours at 6k players in the night (european) hours. If in all servers, the number of players is almost always above 4K and most of the time above 6K, how can those numbers be AVERAGE? But I give up. I know your type, no matter what others say, you won't accept any reasons, even if they are proven with statistics or graphics, you'll always try to turn them into a bunch of twists to make it look like you're right and everyone else is wrong. It's useless and a complete waste of time to try and convince you.

7 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

And given the fact that there are 3 million players registered in the mod, i can't help but wonder where have they gone?

People move on. It's human nature. I don't play the same games I used to play 10 years ago. 3 million registered accounts is the accumulated number since 2014, lots of people got bored and left, lots got banned and left, lots found other games and stopped playing TMP. The thing is that lots of people keep registering accounts, for more than 6 years and in a daily basis.

So TruckersMP is CLEARLY not dying. Feel free to keep believing whatever you wish.

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

@Random_Truck_Driver You keep trying to twist things, using a specific server, or specific dates. What I gave is a graphic of Total server usage through a period of over 2 years. Look at it however you want, make any interpretations you want, the amount of people using TruckersMP hasn't been lower in 2020 than it was in 2019.

What you gave was a graphic of the maximum number of players all servers had at each particular day. Even if that number was for 1 second. Do you still not understand how useless that number is? Sigh... I was hoping the last example i gave you would make you understand why it's important knowing the average and not the maximum number the server had. But i did the math for you (Again for sim1 i'm not gonna calculate all the servers but feel free to do that yourself and present your findings). All the data is there.

The average number of players every hour for the 3rd of May was 3080.

The average number of players every hour for the 8th of May was 1723.

Based on your graph and your words, the Sim1 server usage in the 8th of May was 3046. You still think that number is impartial? I specifically picked those 2 dates because one day had high server usage and the other day had low server usage. And they make a great example of how the graph you present can be totally misleading.

Remember what you said: There's an average of 4k players in all servers most of the day, peaking for a couple of hours at 6k players in the night (european) hours. If in all servers, the number of players is almost always above 4K and most of the time above 6K, how can those numbers be AVERAGE? But I give up.

All it takes for you is join ets2map.com 3-4 times a day at a specific time and note the number of players all servers have. Do that for a week or a month. Then do the math. That's what i did by noticing the trend.

And If you wanna be more accurate, go to the statistics site and keep the number of players for every hour. Do that for a week or a month and then compare it with the graph you showed above and conclude whether what i told you is an interpretation or not.

I know your type, no matter what others say, you won't accept any reasons, even if they are proven with statistics or graphics, you'll always try to turn them into a bunch of twists to make it look like you're right and everyone else is wrong. It's useless and a complete waste of time to try and convince you.

And what you've done differently so far? You didn't accept any of the reasons i provided even if they were proven with statistics or graphics (i even did the math for you). I'm hoping i gave you a clear example why the graph you present is not impartial. Whether you choose to see it as a twist is your problem. When that didn't work - like some others did in here - you switched to personal attacks. 

The numbers simply don't add up considering that the game got 3 million registered users a few months ago. This can only be interpreted as the output being bigger than the input. This means that the number of players leaving the game either because they're bored or banned is bigger than the new players joining the game. And yes i choose to blame the Road to Simulation and what it stands for because other than that all the other changes in the servers have been for the better. Promods should have attracted several people but it didn't.

And regarding the speed limit, i honestly don't think that everyone else is wrong. They have their reasons for wanting a speed limit and i accept that. What i don't accept is everyone in favor of the speed limit claiming how reckless driving keeps ruining the servers and how everyone who wants to lift the speed limit rule is a reckless racer. I've been in the game for long time to know what the servers have been like before and after the 1st speed limit and the road to simulation. The TMP staff is pushing for change and don't care if their average user accepts this change. If you feel you represent the average player in ETS2 then you have nothing to worry about. I certainly don't consider myself an average user. I consider myself a cautious driver and yet here i am arguing against the speed limit.

You claim that i choose to think that everyone who's arguing with me is wrong. Have you ever considered that maybe it's you who's denying to view the change in the game?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, Guest Aborjin said:

Why is there a speed limit?

As the name already suggests, speed limits are there to regulate the speed.

Isn't this a game?

No, this is a only a modification which is based on a video game.

People don't have to follow speed rules, we can see players who violate road rules even if there is a speed limit.

Do not abolish the law just because people are still being murdered every day despite the law prohibits it.

Do you think the speed limit is unnecessary, let's discuss this.

No, but I think the speed limit discussion is unnecessary.

Archived