Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

On 4/23/2020 at 10:56 PM, BoarischBluad said:

Well after my opinion it doesn't matter if these 80% can drive and control their truck at high speed, those are 80% compared to 20%, and that's speaking for itself.

TruckersMP could do a voting that every player has to answer (for example when you start the game there's a window to vote) and after 2 or 3 weeks the team could post the results on the website. If there vote more players for 110 kmph, then it will be 110, and if there vote more players for 150 kmph, then it will be 150. That would be the most democratic and community-included option. And harder punishments could help too. If somebody's ramming someone intentionally for example the second times, he should instantly get one month+. If he's done it 2 times, he'll do it 3 times too.

Edit: And all who can control their truck at high speed or just drive carefully won't get banned.

I see what you mean by that, you can always place a suggestion to have a voting option in-game not sure if that is possible to do since we never had that actually, we did actually do few votings on the forum for the community, must still be a topic here somewhere.

and for those who wanna drive above 110 there is arcade server, at least lower moderation is needed then the simulation servers which are pact with players. The punishment is already harder and longer days then before.

4 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Do you really consider the arcade server as a compromise between the 2?

The changes the past few months feel more like a "you don't like it, there's the door" deal. Strict punishments and zero community feedback. You've imposed a speed limit that most of the community resents to reduce accidents in one road. Meanwhile, the entire map feels empty and useless to drive at and the game feels boring unless you drive on the C-D road which the situation doesn't seem any better than before when the server is full. 

It looks like that the people in charge represent a small % of the playerbase and they don't really care about their community as a whole. In the end, there will be unhappy players either way indeed but you should strive to keep the majority of your playerbase happy and not the other way around.

But assuming that most of the management shares your mindset, i guess me and a lot of other players in here will jump ship and never look back when the other MP mod releases.

Actually yes, in arcade server you can drive as fast as you want, without bothering anyone else. 

With all due respect, you are free to play on our server, it's up to you if you wanna play or not. yes Stricter punishment to those who doesn't follow the rules, they are actually quite simple right. but still some don't take it serious and getting banned for it, and then ended up on the forum complaining about it.

If you want feedback there you can give your feedback through the website, a Feedback to upper staff, if you have opinions, feel mixed, anything else on your mind you can always write them a message, they will read it.

about the map issue we are aware of that, we say plenty of times drive somewhere else, If you remember Europoort then you remember how long this is going, the community loves traffic and traffic jams those are magnets.

Recently we changes some areas lets see how it goes, and also team up with promods.

We shared our mindset on how it was in the beginning time of this mod, eventually we lost control because the community wanted no speed limit, the majority wants it and it get approved, but that was with the old upper staff, it was a mistake which leads to uncontrolled servers.

There was accidents on accidents cuz people could not control there truck or car at high speed, of course it the driver and not the truck or car, it was a free for all, i have been there from 2014 i seen it all changed from the basic mindset to it was, to a mess with no speed limit, eventually the older staff resigned, 

then the new upper staff had fresh blood which lead to new decisions, upper staff decided to return to the roots the origin of multiplayer on how it was, yes of course it's a big change, people were used to the speed, then suddenly 110 again, this big change still need people to being used for.

It will cost time, i agree, but this was necessary, we need to be in control and not the players in-game, it was simply overrun. as a player perspective i play to sometimes, and to be honest 110 or 150 is actually not big change. it cost only few minutes extra.

There is plenty of ways to communicate with the upper staff, so if you want something of your chest, obvious you have issue with it, just say your words not only here on the forum, but also in the feedback. it's important to know what the community is thinking. and of course we do appreciate your feedback and respect your opinion.

Anyway thanks for reading, and thanks for your input.

Regards

Warrior

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Actually yes, in arcade server you can drive as fast as you want, without bothering anyone else. 

With all due respect, you are free to play on our server, it's up to you if you wanna play or not. yes Stricter punishment to those who doesn't follow the rules, they are actually quite simple right. but still some don't take it serious and getting banned for it, and then ended up on the forum complaining about it.

If you want feedback there you can give your feedback through the website, a Feedback to upper staff, if you have opinions, feel mixed, anything else on your mind you can always write them a message, they will read it.

about the map issue we are aware of that, we says plenty of times drive somewhere else, If you remember Europoort then you remember how long this is going, the community loves traffic and traffic jams those are magnets.

Recently we changes some areas lets see how it goes, and also team up with promods.

We shared our mindset on how it was in the beginning time of this mod, eventually we lost control because the community wanted no speed limit, the majority wants it and it get approved, but that was with the old upper staff, it was a mistake which leads to uncontrolled servers.

There was accidents on accidents cuz people could not control there truck or car at high speed, of course it the driver and not the truck or car, it was a free for all, i have been there from 2014 i seen it all changed from the basic mindset to it was to a mess with no speed limit, eventually the older staff resigned, 

then the new upper staff had fresh blood which lead to new decisions, upper staff decided to return to the roots the origin of multiplayer on how it was, yes of course it's a big change, people were used to the speed, then suddenly 110 again, this big change still need people to being used for.

It will cost time, i agree, but this was necessary, we need to be in control and not the players in-game, it was simply overrun. as a player perspective i play to sometimes, and to be honest 110 or 150 is actually not big change. it cost only few minutes extra.

There is plenty of ways to communicate with the upper staff, so if you want something of your chest, obvious you have issue with it, just say your words not only here on the forum, but also in the feedback. it's important to know what the community is thinking. and of course we do appreciate your feedback and respect your opinion.

Anyway thanks for reading, and thanks for your input.

Regards

Warrior

Your entire post is exactly how i feel the management deals with the speed limit complaints. It's condescending, yet it fails to provide any actual solutions that would make both sides happy.

The servers were uncontrolled because that's what happens when you have plenty of people all grouped up in one area. The C-D road is still uncontrolled ever since the playerbase spiked up due to quarantine. The reporting system doesn't work 90% of the times. It only works when the server has less than 1000 players. And i fail to see how things have changed ever since the speed limit. The C-D road is still filled with reckless drivers and 6 years have passed and there's no actual solution. Instead all it did was to create a bigger pile up of players on the C-D road.

In the past if anyone couldn't stand reckless driving all he had to do was avoid the C-D road. And i wish someone of all those complaining about reckless driving could explain to me why they even play multiplayer, if they can't stand other players crashing on them? The human factor is what makes the game fun. It's unpredictable and that's exactly what makes the game different from singleplayer. (I'm exaggerating to make a point. I know it can be frustrating at times)

The new upper staff come acrross as die-hard simulation drivers, with no clue about their community and their likes. They keep pushing their simulation vision and ignoring the fact that the playerbase has shrunk or the fact that their decisions go against their playerbase. They don't seem willing to find any middle ground to their speed limit rules. (i've made suggestions and got rejected aggresively. Apparently even mentioning the speed limit predisposes people).

So i'll keep arguing that when Infinite Truckers releases, we'll witness whether these decisions were for better or for worse and how many players will end up staying in this mod.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:14 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Again this is what the community wants yes, but again the decision is at the upper staff, but due to the recent changes to more simulator aspect i doubt that there is changes again.

The point is: there are arcade server with 250 players or less. You fulfill their wishes but not the wishes of this 700+ people here in the forum.

Where is the problem to get one server with collisions and no speed limit for 700+ players when you have no problem to create a server for 250+ players?

I think that the point is not to curate an experience for the majority but to curate the experience for what TruckersMP think is their main target audience. For them; their target audience for the Simulation servers are players who want to play seriously and drive as if they are real truck drivers - and not for speed freaks like the 80% who voted for it. It simply is naive to just say 'the majority wants it; hence implement it'. It isn't a popularity vote; it's about what works and what doesn't - and simply put; less (over)speeding drivers means less accidents caused due to neglect of the awareness of your own speed.

The SIMULATION servers are not made just for you; it is made for their target audience - and if you don't fall into what they think is their target audience, whoever that may be, and comes a situation where either;
a) the people who wants speed leaves, and gets replaced by their target audience [which is good because they perfected the server for people they want to attract!]; or
b) people leave and never come back and TruckersMP dies and that's the end of that.

However, I do indeed agree that the developers can simply curate another server for people who want no speed limits; or even have speed limits in E1 and remove limits in E2 and see how it goes. 

Personally, I still heavily disagree with removing speed limits because I've seen people who can't handle their vehicle even below 90 km/h (imagine if these people are allowed to go as fast as they want; ugh), and I have never ever ran into a situation in this game where I needed to speed to deliver my cargo in time - because have you maybe thought that they (SCS Software) designed game-play so that the cargo time limit matches for the speed of 90 km/h?

Anyway; whatever the situation is; I just hope there will be less frustrating (or hilarious) accidents caused by speeding players who just want to floor it down a winding road. Discipline yourself as a driver to not just charge your super-heavy truck into a corner and expect it to grip like an F1 car on slicks.

Bence 110 kalkmalı evet gerçek hayatta kamyonlar ve tır lar 120 ye zor çıkıyo ama bu bir oyun ben oynuda 100 le gidiyorum gerçek hayatta o yüz bana 50 gibi geliyo ya bı grafikler gerçekçi yapılacak yada 110 kalkacak hiç değilse 110 kalksın 140 gelsin veyada 150 gelsin sadece moderetörler skoda alsın

3 hours ago, kevpho said:

I think that the point is not to curate an experience for the majority but to curate the experience for what TruckersMP think is their main target audience. For them; their target audience for the Simulation servers are players who want to play seriously and drive as if they are real truck drivers - and not for speed freaks like the 80% who voted for it. It simply is naive to just say 'the majority wants it; hence implement it'. It isn't a popularity vote; it's about what works and what doesn't - and simply put; less (over)speeding drivers means less accidents caused due to neglect of the awareness of your own speed.

The SIMULATION servers are not made just for you; it is made for their target audience - and if you don't fall into what they think is their target audience, whoever that may be, and comes a situation where either;
a) the people who wants speed leaves, and gets replaced by their target audience [which is good because they perfected the server for people they want to attract!]; or
b) people leave and never come back and TruckersMP dies and that's the end of that.

Yes sadly that's their mindset. I do disagree though with the fact that the players who leave, end up being replaced by the target audience. You can tell that by taking a look at the growth rate the past year. I wouldn't go as far as saying though that Truckersmp will eventually die because the playerbase is shrinking. But it will never grow. ETS2 is not as popular as other games and the mod is even harder to find. 

One good thing a large playerbase would do, is spread the mod fast and to more players. In the end it's a free roam game. As long as you have some free time in your hands you can always hop on a truck and make a delivery.

Based on this vote, In the 10 new players this mod could get, 8 would be casuals and the 2 would be simulation players. So i doubt that we'll ever watch this mod growing even further. 

This project has been under development for 6 years now and it will be sad to watch it stall. My play time in the mod has dropped significantly and i imagine the same goes for a bunch of other players. In a few months, we'll witness another mod on the market and that could mean even more drops in the playerbase. I know for a fact plenty of people would migrate there as long as there's a server with better settings.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that the old Truckersmp upperstaff realised that their hardcore audience would stay in the game no matter what, speed limit or not, and they preferred to watch their mod grow rather than opposing their community. Shouldn't that be the goal of the mod, anyway? A world full of truck drivers?

Either way i think hardcore drivers hardly ever got affected by reckless driving because they knew to avoid the C-D road.  And like i said before if it bothers you so much, why do you even play on multiplayer. The human factor makes the game unpredictable and fun, and that's what brings people into this game.

However, I do indeed agree that the developers can simply curate another server for people who want no speed limits; or even have speed limits in E1 and remove limits in E2 and see how it goes. 

I doubt we'll ever see a change like that, because it goes against their simulation vision. And by that, i mean that it will ruin the playerbase in the simulation server and simply re-create the old EU2 server. 

5 hours ago, kevpho said:

Personally, I still heavily disagree with removing speed limits because I've seen people who can't handle their vehicle even below 90 km/h (imagine if these people are allowed to go as fast as they want; ugh), and I have never ever ran into a situation in this game where I needed to speed to deliver my cargo in time - because have you maybe thought that they (SCS Software) designed game-play so that the cargo time limit matches for the speed of 90 km/h?

Anyway; whatever the situation is; I just hope there will be less frustrating (or hilarious) accidents caused by speeding players who just want to floor it down a winding road. Discipline yourself as a driver to not just charge your super-heavy truck into a corner and expect it to grip like an F1 car on slicks.

This is coming from someone who doesn't consider themselves target audience, I play ETS2 casually, with a controller, I like to speed a bit, and I enjoy TMP thouroughly despite this, I enjoyed it a lot more before the speed limit was implemented again where there was traffic jams and a bit of recklessness, I would really like to see E2 have it's limit removed even for a while just to see how things go, I still refuse to play on arcade because then there's no traffic and no jams which to me are entertaining and fun (for whatever reason) so I put up with the limit reluctantly for the time being.

It would be interesting to just let the server population speak for itself, if E1 was classic restricted simulation, and E2 was for people who don't mind reckless drivers and he risks of playing on the server. surely this is the best compromise?

after my time playing I feel like there's definitely enough players to test this format, and I'd be thrilled to be able to play TMP the way I used to. as always I'd like to know what people think about this, and why it might be a bad idea.

23 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Your entire post is exactly how i feel the management deals with the speed limit complaints. It's condescending, yet it fails to provide any actual solutions that would make both sides happy.

The servers were uncontrolled because that's what happens when you have plenty of people all grouped up in one area. The C-D road is still uncontrolled ever since the playerbase spiked up due to quarantine. The reporting system doesn't work 90% of the times. It only works when the server has less than 1000 players. And i fail to see how things have changed ever since the speed limit. The C-D road is still filled with reckless drivers and 6 years have passed and there's no actual solution. Instead all it did was to create a bigger pile up of players on the C-D road.

In the past if anyone couldn't stand reckless driving all he had to do was avoid the C-D road. And i wish someone of all those complaining about reckless driving could explain to me why they even play multiplayer, if they can't stand other players crashing on them? The human factor is what makes the game fun. It's unpredictable and that's exactly what makes the game different from singleplayer. (I'm exaggerating to make a point. I know it can be frustrating at times)

The new upper staff come acrross as die-hard simulation drivers, with no clue about their community and their likes. They keep pushing their simulation vision and ignoring the fact that the playerbase has shrunk or the fact that their decisions go against their playerbase. They don't seem willing to find any middle ground to their speed limit rules. (i've made suggestions and got rejected aggresively. Apparently even mentioning the speed limit predisposes people).

So i'll keep arguing that when Infinite Truckers releases, we'll witness whether these decisions were for better or for worse and how many players will end up staying in this mod.

I can understand that you see that way, but it not entirely true, and its not really fair to say that we don't care about the community, of course we care without the community we didn't had multiplayer mod.

I have readed your suggestions, about the profiles, xp and money we cannot do anything about it, you can get that even from SCS forum, and yes we are still waiting for the economic system in-game, but that is hard to code since SCS constantly update there games, so eventually when SCS stop updating their game it would be possible then, but still not sure when.

But at least you know that part, about the speed limit in different countries i see what you mean by that, but in the end its for SCS to add that into the base game, preferably we wanna keep the speed everywhere the same.

As for C-D we are aware of it, it cost us much time to overwatch that mess and even Duisburg, as you said it indeed spiked it's obvious many sit home, the reason why is packed of players is they like traffic jams, they don't wanna drive on empty roads. that is a fact.

C-D became after Europort, those who played back then know how it was, and then someday it shifted to C-D they find out the long road between Duisburg and Calais.

The new upper staff just wanted to 'simulation aspect' to be bought back, while we had that in the beginning around 2014, this was needed to change as it was free for all, the current way is fine simulation and speed limit, arcade and no speed limit.

about Infinite Truckers we will see, a little competition is good, we will indeed see who is staying here and who is going to play there.

13 hours ago, Hecki said:

The point is: there are arcade server with 250 players or less. You fulfill their wishes but not the wishes of this 700+ people here in the forum.

Where is the problem to get one server with collisions and no speed limit for 700+ players when you have no problem to create a server for 250+ players?

I see what you mean but providing such server will increase the workload even further, with the arcade server there is rarely a moderator needed, so that we can focus on the simulation servers more, if the players really want speed they would play on arcade and not on simulation.

The fact that simulation is more busier is because of the traffic, they are in 1 spot, most of the time you cannot even drive 150 km/h due to the traffic, so we lower it too 110, still a compromise for actually 90 km/h which trucks in real life drive.

Perhaps you can organize a event server with without speed limit and collision and own rules that you can setup, there is still alternatives if you want such server, but for normal server without speed limit and collision won't happen.  

7 hours ago, Alex Suporte/Informática said:

Believe that the limits of movement can be extended or even eliminated, considering that it is random, since the map is very extensive and the journeys are slow to complete.

@Alex Suporte/Informática  Do you think the speedlimit depends on the thickness of the map? Just because SCS is supporting the game with new Map-DLC's and the map is going more and more exciting, that don't say that the speedlimit should be taken up. I agree with you that sometimes when you enter a city and you can't go faster than 60 Km/h because the radius of the city is so big that sometimes you have to slow down on emty 3-lane highways. Thats a little bit random but that isn't often and if you get into these radii like that it isn't often too long. I think that the speedlimit is at this time fine, bc it is for many players agreeably, because the players who are driving constant 110 km/h, don't affect the people who want to drive realistic like 80-90 km/h. So the speedy guys are just maybe 30 km/h faster but can early see if there is someone driving slower and can overtake them safe. But if you want to complete your journeys fast and not safe you can also go on the Arcade server so i think this is the best solution for all so far :)

8 hours ago, kleine_Mango said:

@Alex Suporte/Informática  Do you think the speedlimit depends on the thickness of the map? Just because SCS is supporting the game with new Map-DLC's and the map is going more and more exciting, that don't say that the speedlimit should be taken up. I agree with you that sometimes when you enter a city and you can't go faster than 60 Km/h because the radius of the city is so big that sometimes you have to slow down on emty 3-lane highways. Thats a little bit random but that isn't often and if you get into these radii like that it isn't often too long. I think that the speedlimit is at this time fine, bc it is for many players agreeably, because the players who are driving constant 110 km/h, don't affect the people who want to drive realistic like 80-90 km/h. So the speedy guys are just maybe 30 km/h faster but can early see if there is someone driving slower and can overtake them safe. But if you want to complete your journeys fast and not safe you can also go on the Arcade server so i think this is the best solution for all so far :)

Unfortunately in the arcade few people play, as there is no collision.

Yes, it would be a solution for the fast arcade if we had collisions in it, but there is nothing that ends up taking players away from the server, I want to drive fast, but with collisions, without collisions it loses its grace

8 hours ago, kleine_Mango said:

22 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

I can understand that you see that way, but it not entirely true, and its not really fair to say that we don't care about the community, of course we care without the community we didn't had multiplayer mod.

I have readed your suggestions, about the profiles, xp and money we cannot do anything about it, you can get that even from SCS forum, and yes we are still waiting for the economic system in-game, but that is hard to code since SCS constantly update there games, so eventually when SCS stop updating their game it would be possible then, but still not sure when.

But at least you know that part, about the speed limit in different countries i see what you mean by that, but in the end its for SCS to add that into the base game, preferably we wanna keep the speed everywhere the same.

As for C-D we are aware of it, it cost us much time to overwatch that mess and even Duisburg, as you said it indeed spiked it's obvious many sit home, the reason why is packed of players is they like traffic jams, they don't wanna drive on empty roads. that is a fact.

C-D became after Europort, those who played back then know how it was, and then someday it shifted to C-D they find out the long road between Duisburg and Calais.

The new upper staff just wanted to 'simulation aspect' to be bought back, while we had that in the beginning around 2014, this was needed to change as it was free for all, the current way is fine simulation and speed limit, arcade and no speed limit.

about Infinite Truckers we will see, a little competition is good, we will indeed see who is staying here and who is going to play there.

Well that's exactly my point. You're telling me that the staff is aware of the problems, but they won't ( can't ?) test any change in the game besides stricter punishments and a further reduce to the speed limit. The entire "road to simulation" vision is nothing more than a system to enforce players to comply to the rules or keep them out of the game (either willingly because the game feels boring or unwillingly by banning them). If that's the great vision of truckers mp, i can't wait to find another multiplayer mod and get out of here. 

On 2/17/2020 at 1:18 PM, Guest Aborjin said:

Why is there a speed limit?
Isn't this a game?

People don't have to follow speed rules, we can see players who violate road rules even if there is a speed limit.

Do you think the speed limit is unnecessary, let's discuss this.

1. This is a truck simulator game, not Need for speed.

2. If you wanna drive fast, there's an "Arcade" server with no speed limit.

So to answer your question - no, it shouldn't be removed. I've seen what happens when there's no speed limit and it's ugly, to say the least - you can't make a single delivery to the end because there's always some moron who prefers the "hit and run" policy and there's nothing you can do about it. Or if you catch him and payback to him, you get reported and banned while he gets away all the time. So thanks but no, thanks, we're better off WITH speed limit.

Core i7-4770, GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Corsair 32GB RAM, Arch Linux Cinnamon, Firefox x64

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Well that's exactly my point. You're telling me that the staff is aware of the problems, but they won't ( can't ?) test any change in the game besides stricter punishments and a further reduce to the speed limit. The entire "road to simulation" vision is nothing more than a system to enforce players to comply to the rules or keep them out of the game (either willingly because the game feels boring or unwillingly by banning them). If that's the great vision of truckers mp, i can't wait to find another multiplayer mod and get out of here. 

The stricter punishments is only for those who are intentionally breaking the rules, cuz they only wanna ruin other players there gameplay, recently we changed some map parts, even team up with promods.

The rules are actually simple to follow, if you are skilled driver then you have nothing to worry about, this stricter punishment is only affecting the bad people here, don't get me wrong there are a lot of bad driver in-game and those need to be punished heavier.

And we test before with some roadblocks trying to get people away from busy areas, but this wasn't a success as it draw more player to it, cuz they wanna see what happend.

Even if work, they look for other location like in promods. they always search for the hot spots nomather what we will do.

It's an interesting debate and I don't think there will ever be a solution that suits everybody that plays on the simulation servers. There's too many pros and cons to juggle and balance to get something that suits all.

In my opinion, the speed limiter on the server works just fine. 110kmh/90mph is a fair whack of speed on interstates/motorways/A roads etc and it's easy to lose control at that speed. I don't think that's an issue.

With regards to the 60kmh limit in cities, I can appreciate that this would be somewhat frustrating for players who drive fine, and I certainly appreciate the argument of those exploiting the absence of a limiter should be punished, but the Game Moderators have a substancial task on their hands dealing with the other things going on in the server, from organised convoys, to assisting players with out-of-city reports. Tally that with the fact that the server is jam-packed full of players and the outcome is that those speeding in cities couldn't be dealt with on-the-spot. From there, the website report backlog increases and the 1 week wait for reports could easily become 2 or 3 on average.

Alas, the speed limiter reduces the workload for Game Moderators, and it's a very slight nuisance to benefit those who want immersion in their multiplayer trucking. ?

Paddy

Prime Logistics | Former HR & Exam Team

TMP Former Events Team

On 4/25/2020 at 11:32 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

I see what you mean but providing such server will increase the workload even further, with the arcade server there is rarely a moderator needed, so that we can focus on the simulation servers more, if the players really want speed they would play on arcade and not on simulation.

The fact that simulation is more busier is because of the traffic, they are in 1 spot, most of the time you cannot even drive 150 km/h due to the traffic, so we lower it too 110, still a compromise for actually 90 km/h which trucks in real life drive.

Perhaps you can organize a event server with without speed limit and collision and own rules that you can setup, there is still alternatives if you want such server, but for normal server without speed limit and collision won't happen.  

O.o

It is the same system as before "Road to Simulation". Only with different server.

Simulation 1 is now the biggest, and the earlier #EU2 would now be a 2200er server.

So, why should something do not work that worked before?

34 minutes ago, Hecki said:

O.o

It is the same system as before "Road to Simulation". Only with different server.

Simulation 1 is now the biggest, and the earlier #EU2 would now be a 2200er server.

So, why should something do not work that worked before?

How is it the same when the arcade server has no collisions?

13 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

The stricter punishments is only for those who are intentionally breaking the rules, cuz they only wanna ruin other players there gameplay, recently we changed some map parts, even team up with promods.

The rules are actually simple to follow, if you are skilled driver then you have nothing to worry about, this stricter punishment is only affecting the bad people here, don't get me wrong there are a lot of bad driver in-game and those need to be punished heavier.

And we test before with some roadblocks trying to get people away from busy areas, but this wasn't a success as it draw more player to it, cuz they wanna see what happend.

Even if work, they look for other location like in promods. they always search for the hot spots nomather what we will do.

The stricter punishments applies to everyone for any reason that might cause the player to lose control and crash on someone. If that someone records them then the player is definitely banned no matter what speed he was driving. I had people entering my lane and crashing head on with me for no apparent reason. Sometimes they told me as an excuse that they were looking their phone or their mouse stuck and they couldnt see where they were driving.

Hey, That happens and i never reported them. But someone else might. So i fail to see how the stricter punishments apply to those who intentionally break the rules. How can you tell who trolls and who was simply reckless at some point for no apparent reason?

Back in 2017, i was afk and parked. Someone at some point crashed on me and caused my truck to move into the street and block one lane, When i came back i was kicked for afk but i didn't realise what had happened. I ended up banned because someone recorded a truck blocking the road. Good luck explaining to your appeal how was that not intentional. 

imo it should be removed, or changed to just limit speed on c-d/high populated areas to 110

the limiter destroys fun for me and im not going to arcade because:

* no collisions

* tiny amount of players

speed limiting wont stop any trolls and also the poll clearly says that bigger part of tmp community does not like this

Archived