Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/20/2020 at 4:14 AM, Hecki said:

As I said an another thread:
Implement a Patreon system: Higher speed limit for 10$ per Month and everyone is happy.
TMP gets money for the uses of their servers and we get a higher speed limit with the same rules.

Everyone who not pay get the normal speed limit with 110km/h.

It is the same idea like most f2p MMOs. Pay and you get specials.

Should work here as the same way.

that is the most silly idea ever, why should you pay in order to speed up in-game ? its like you give the policeman 10 dolar just not be be fined for speeding.

just because other games does it doesn't mean any game can implement such silly idea. this limiter is for a reason, and this proves yet that everyone likes to speed.

They seems not to bother with the word ''simulator'' all they see is need for speed, well obviously many chooses the wrong game.

There is actually serious people who drive this game as meant to be played. 

11 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

that is the most silly idea ever, why should you pay in order to speed up in-game ? its like you give the policeman 10 dolar just not be be fined for speeding.

just because other games does it doesn't mean any game can implement such silly idea. this limiter is for a reason, and this proves yet that everyone likes to speed.

They seems not to bother with the word ''simulator'' all they see is need for speed, well obviously many chooses the wrong game.

Moderator says 80.11% of the votes yes and 19.89% no. Will there be an increase in speed limit?

The current limit should be increased instead of eliminating it since some who drive a skoda will not be able to control it and will inevitably end up hitting either a wall or other players and that will cause chaos; or create a system that is for merit or some other reason in which a good player can have a higher limiter or rightly not have it because of his good behavior.

I think Skoda needs to be lifted or strengthened. For example: Skoda gets up very fast, it can be a little slower. In addition, in real life, cars do not immediately fall, Skoda immediately overturns. It can also enter under trucks. This is something that is not real life !!! If this is corrected or Skoda gets out of the game, there won't be much trouble when the speed limit increases. Speed limit should be increased. Because 80.11% of the players want it. The number of those who do not want is very few. I think the speed limit should be 130. Not less, not more !!! 

2 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Unfortunately I like this game too much to just go find another game, there isn't really anything like ETS and TruckersMP anyway, and yes I like to speed, I feel like I'm skilled enough to speed responsibly and not crash. Looking at the thread poll it looks like quite a lot of people have chosen the wrong game...

like I said in my previous post I feel that an issue like this would definitely benefit from two main servers to allow the Simulation enthusiasts to play seperately from the people who like to speed (and also accept that they're probably going to get rear-ended at some point)

Personally if I was a lot more into simulation, I think I'd just play single player, as that enables traffic again, which adds to the immersion, and also there's plenty of  AI truckers on the road that will abide by traffic laws just how they like it, so the argument that the word "simulator" is important is a bit silly to me to be honest

I'd like to know people's thoughts though, and I'm trying not to generalize too much, obviously my opinions wont match with how everyone else feels about this situation.

I believe the way they have the limits set make it easier for people to travel within cities, for example without those speed limits people fly through the cities causing crashes or near head ons because someone is turning into an intersection etc, trust me I have seen it first hand before this change was made. I believe it does go both ways because there is good and bad to everything, but I believe inside cities you should be restricted from going over posted speed limits, on the highway etc that is different and I dont think it applies to them anyways. Just my Opinion, but besides that, this is suppose to be realistic, you dont see a truck going 80 MPH through a CITY. Its unheard of and vary dangerous /irresponsible.

spacer.png

I would really like it if there were one server with 150 kmph speed limit with collisions and one server with 110 kmph with collisions. The hardcore Simulator players could go on the second server, and all others on the first. I don't want to drive on a highway with 110kmph while there's noone else and I could easily go faster. TruckersMP never really asked the community.. does anyone remember the /fix voting? It ran about 3 Months and there were no results released.

Incidentally, it is really annoying that a speed limit of 60 kmph applies to highways near cities.

Before the speed limit was 110kmph, the hardcore-sim players played on Simulaton, where the room around the Europort and Duisburg wasn't that full. But to mix both types of players, the hardcore-sims and the others who want to go a bit faster is a very bad idea.

The problem isn't that people drive quickly either. The problem is that people drive recklessly.

A community with no say isn't a community.

At very big changes (like speed limit) the community should be asked.

How about a system that important game-changing votings open up when you start TMP. There is a window where you can vote. After a certain time the voting is closed and the results are released and everyone can watch it. Of course, the TMP Team should be honest with these results and do the things the players voted for.

On 2/17/2020 at 1:05 PM, Callum Johnson said:

Hello there, 

I agree on your point that yes, Euro Truck Simulator 2 is simply a game, however TruckersMP is a multiplayer modification for the game, and we aim more towards the realism and simulation aspect of it, which is why there is a speed limit. 
I do agree with chipmunk though on one thing, it is quite annoying when you are driving on a high speed highway and suddenly you join a city which reduces your speed, some parts of the map where this happens, you look on your mini-map and there isn't even a city in sight, so yes, I do agree that this does maybe need looking at, not sure how big of an issue it is too fix, but I do agree with that. 
Personally though for ETS2, I think the speed limits work fine, keeps most of the community in safe driving conditions, and those who still find a way to violate rules get banned. If you prefer speed, there is the Arcade server which has no speed limiter at all. :) 

Hey,

I agree definitely with BoarischBluad.
I also agree with chipmunk. The problem occurs in both games that you are throttled to a speed of 60 kmh, although no city is in sight. I hope this will be fixed. Furthermore I think those who want to drive realistically can do that. But there are enough or even more players who want to have the speed limit of 150 km / h again and not on the Arcade Server without collisions. As in the past, they want the Europa 2 server back. The speed limit should be set to 150 kmh and the collisions should be switched on. Especially in the ATS. Almost no one is there and what sense does it make to have a speed limit there?

I also think the team doesn't really care what the community thinks. Especially with such a change, to set the speed limit to 110 kmh, it would be appropriate to ask the community. Back then, when the /fix vote was in progress. There was a voting, but you didn't even get results on how that vote ended. You also advertise with "Road to Simulation". Then I wonder where is the simulation if, for example, someone blocks the road for whatever reason or unintentionally rams someone and they are kicked / banned immediately? At this point I think it would be reasonably good if this person is towed to the garage without being kicked or banned directly. Accidents actually happen, also in real life.

Regards
tiroltvplay

Spig_Xiao Zhu在2020/2/17下午7点34分说:

我认为TMP有其限制速度的原因,实际上,速度限制对某些玩家是有好处的,

太快了,很容易发生事故,发生一些碰撞,会有更多的球员被冒犯!

当然,这是卡车模拟游戏。降低速度更加模拟和现实。也很好!

?

:tmp:

I agree with you very much. I think the speed of 110 yards is very suitable for online truck simulation games. If other players think the speed is too slow, I suggest that you can try to play offline mode, because the European truck simulation 2 online mode pursues authenticity and improves the player's game experience.  Thank you

Disagree with the removal of speed limits. And it never will be. Realistically in ETS 2 it shall even be reduced to 55 mph for every single truck because of general EU speed limits, and I think a limit of 70 mph is generous - and why do I think this is a generous speed? People in country roads barrel down a twisty road at full speed only to tip over and cause inconvenience to other people - so, rather than removing the speed limit; I'd say cut it down further to 60 mph.

If you want to speed; you can always play offline in case you forgot that existed.

7 hours ago, HUYA-13416475 Ping’fan said:

I agree with you very much. I think the speed of 110 yards is very suitable for online truck simulation games. If other players think the speed is too slow, I suggest that you can try to play offline mode, because the European truck simulation 2 online mode pursues authenticity and improves the player's game experience.  Thank you

Should we play offline Singleplayer now? Then why are we a Truckersmp member? ETS 2 is not a single player game. Everyone already wants Multiplayer on this site. If we wanted to play singleplayer, what are we doing on this site?

9 hours ago, HUYA-13416475 Ping’fan said:

7 hours ago, kevpho said:

Disagree with the removal of speed limits. And it never will be. Realistically in ETS 2 it shall even be reduced to 55 mph for every single truck because of general EU speed limits, and I think a limit of 70 mph is generous - and why do I think this is a generous speed? People in country roads barrel down a twisty road at full speed only to tip over and cause inconvenience to other people - so, rather than removing the speed limit; I'd say cut it down further to 60 mph.

If you want to speed; you can always play offline in case you forgot that existed.

I would agree with the speed limit if there was AI, but there isn't. So, if there is an empty highway, I want to drive faster than 110km/h because it get's boring. BTW: To say "play offline if you want to speed".. what if I want to grind for example my legit profile with a friend online?

So again: The problem isn't that people drive quickly either. The problem is that people drive recklessly. If some can't control their truck THEY should go so SP or drive slower. But not the players who want to go faster and can calculate the behavior of the truck. 150 kmph speed limit but harder punishments, that's what we need. And btw, there are auto saves, every 5 minutes. If somebody crashes you you can just load that, save the clip with Windows 10 or NVIDIA Capture and report him/her. But to limit everyone, just because some players are driving reckless is not a good way. Players will crash at every speed and trolls will troll at every speed. All players who can drive at that speed will be happy that they can drive 150 kmph, and all players who can't control their truck at that speed will be banned sooner or later. And if they don't want to get banned, they should just drive slower..

13 minutes ago, BoarischBluad said:

I would agree with the speed limit if there was AI, but there isn't. So, if there is an empty highway, I want to drive faster than 110km/h because it get's boring. BTW: To say "play offline if you want to speed".. what if I want to grind for example my legit profile with a friend online?

So again: The problem isn't that people drive quickly either. The problem is that people drive recklessly. If some can't control their truck THEY should go so SP or drive slower. But not the players who want to go faster and can calculate the behavior of the truck. 150 kmph speed limit but harder punishments, that's what we need. And btw, there are auto saves, every 5 mines. If somebody crashes you you can just load that, save the clip with Windows 10 or NVIDIA Capture and report him/her. But to limit everyone, just because some players are driving reckless is not a good way. Players will crash at every speed and trolls will troll at every speed. All players who can drive at that speed will be happy that they can drive 150 kmph, and all players who can't control their truck at that speed will be banned sooner or later. And if they don't want to get banned, they should just drive slower..

I agree, accidents can happen with 90 km / h in real life

10 hours ago, HUYA-13416475 Ping’fan said:

I'd argue that Singleplayer is  amore authentic sim experience, for a start there's traffic which is kind of a big plus, and for the trucks that are just a bunch of robotic nps that follow traffic laws perfectly there's plenty in singleplayer. So people who like the speed limit prefer this kind of robotic perfect behaviour? if so then why play on multiplayer in the first place. I'd like to know

On 4/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, Hecki said:

Because 80% want no speed limit, and there is a patreon system here.

Of Course 80% wants that, but how many of that 80% is a skilled driver ? still a lot cannot even control there trucks with the lower speed, imagine if that is 150+ again on what a mess it will be, actually it was a mess before and i'm happy that we enforce towards a more ''simulation'' aspect.

This game is meant to be played for just cruising around, driving from point A to B, convoy with friends, it's just sad that some players are willing to ruin that for everyone by blocking, ramming, wrong way.

Of Course there is patreon this is something what players can give in return to support this mod, have better servers, bigger servers, A patreon member should not have special permission in-game to go faster then all the others,

Trolls will just join the patreon in order to speed again, this is not really good thinking through.

On 4/21/2020 at 9:22 PM, [HASTÜRK] Poyraz15 said:

Moderator says 80.11% of the votes yes and 19.89% no. Will there be an increase in speed limit?

Again this is what the community wants yes, but again the decision is at the upper staff, but due to the recent changes to more simulator aspect i doubt that there is changes again.

On 4/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, Moctor said:

Unfortunately I like this game too much to just go find another game, there isn't really anything like ETS and TruckersMP anyway, and yes I like to speed, I feel like I'm skilled enough to speed responsibly and not crash. Looking at the thread poll it looks like quite a lot of people have chosen the wrong game...

like I said in my previous post I feel that an issue like this would definitely benefit from two main servers to allow the Simulation enthusiasts to play seperately from the people who like to speed (and also accept that they're probably going to get rear-ended at some point)

Personally if I was a lot more into simulation, I think I'd just play single player, as that enables traffic again, which adds to the immersion, and also there's plenty of  AI truckers on the road that will abide by traffic laws just how they like it, so the argument that the word "simulator" is important is a bit silly to me to be honest

I'd like to know people's thoughts though, and I'm trying not to generalize too much, obviously my opinions wont match with how everyone else feels about this situation.

Finally some constructive post, Multiplayer is the same game as single player, the only difference is that there is actually real people who play and not the AI.

For those who wants speed can join our arcade server without bothering each other, personally like how it now is it's fine

In the end people will always be unhappy about the changes, if its good or wrong, that is why this compromise a balance between the 2. 

1 hour ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Of Course 80% wants that, but how many of that 80% is a skilled driver ? still a lot cannot even control there trucks with the lower speed, imagine if that is 150+ again on what a mess it will be, actually it was a mess before and i'm happy that we enforce towards a more ''simulation'' aspect.

This game is meant to be played for just cruising around, driving from point A to B, convoy with friends, it's just sad that some players are willing to ruin that for everyone by blocking, ramming, wrong way.

Of Course there is patreon this is something what players can give in return to support this mod, have better servers, bigger servers, A patreon member should not have special permission in-game to go faster then all the others,

Trolls will just join the patreon in order to speed again, this is not really good thinking through.

Again this is what the community wants yes, but again the decision is at the upper staff, but due to the recent changes to more simulator aspect i doubt that there is changes again.

Finally some constructive post, Multiplayer is the same game as single player, the only difference is that there is actually real people who play and not the AI.

For those who wants speed can join our arcade server without bothering each other, personally like how it now is it's fine

In the end people will always be unhappy about the changes, if its good or wrong, that is why this compromise a balance between the 2. 

Well after my opinion it doesn't matter if these 80% can drive and control their truck at high speed, those are 80% compared to 20%, and that's speaking for itself.

TruckersMP could do a voting that every player has to answer (for example when you start the game there's a window to vote) and after 2 or 3 weeks the team could post the results on the website. If there vote more players for 110 kmph, then it will be 110, and if there vote more players for 150 kmph, then it will be 150. That would be the most democratic and community-included option. And harder punishments could help too. If somebody's ramming someone intentionally for example the second times, he should instantly get one month+. If he's done it 2 times, he'll do it 3 times too.

Edit: And all who can control their truck at high speed or just drive carefully won't get banned.

11 minutes ago, BoarischBluad said:

Well after my opinion it doesn't matter if these 80% can drive and control their truck at high speed, those are 80% compared to 20%, and that's speaking for itself.

TruckersMP could do a voting that every player has to answer (for example when you start the game there's a window to vote) and after 2 or 3 weeks the team could post the results on the website. If there vote more players for 110 kmph, then it will be 110, and if there vote more players for 150 kmph, then it will be 150. That would be the most democratic and community-included option. And harder punishments could help too. If somebody's ramming someone intentionally for example the second times, he should instantly get one month+. If he's done it 2 times, he'll do it 3 times too.

Edit: And all who can control their truck at high speed or just drive carefully won't get banned.

You're saying very right. Truckermp top management should decide by players, not by itself

21 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Do you really consider the arcade server as a compromise between the 2?

The changes the past few months feel more like a "you don't like it, there's the door" deal. Strict punishments and zero community feedback. You've imposed a speed limit that most of the community resents to reduce accidents in one road. Meanwhile, the entire map feels empty and useless to drive at and the game feels boring unless you drive on the C-D road which the situation doesn't seem any better than before when the server is full. 

It looks like that the people in charge represent a small % of the playerbase and they don't really care about their community as a whole. In the end, there will be unhappy players either way indeed but you should strive to keep the majority of your playerbase happy and not the other way around.

But assuming that most of the management shares your mindset, i guess me and a lot of other players in here will jump ship and never look back when the other MP mod releases.

12 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Do you really consider the arcade server as a compromise between the 2?

The changes the past few months feel more like a "you don't like it, there's the door deal". Strict punishments and zero community feedback. You've imposed a speed limit that most of the community resents to reduce accidents in one road. Meanwhile, the entire map feels empty and useless to drive at and the game feels boring unless you drive on the C-D road which the situation doesn't seem any better than before when the server is full. 

It looks like that the people in charge represent a small % of the playerbase and they don't really care about their community as a whole. In the end, there will be unhappy players either way indeed but you should strive to keep the majority of your playerbase happy and not the other way around.

But assuming that most of the management shares your mindset, i guess me and a lot of other players in here will jump ship and never look back when the other MP mod releases.

this is pretty much how I feel, I don't like it when people think a good compromise is either leave or play on arcade. it's clear that a lot of people want no speed limit (plus collisions) for whatever that reason may be, and it seems a shame that so many people should have to have a lacklustre experience. Do devs read this? It would be nice to hear some feedback from someone who actually has reason to limit speed, and to see what they think about so many people wanting to revert it. I still think that a good solution/experiement is to make EU2server have no limit, and just see how things play out from there. It would be fascinating to see how populated each server becomes because of a change like this and I would definitely welcome it.

Archived