Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

16 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Safety is the main thing and that's why there is a ban system. Enforcing an attitude and reducing immersion by applying a speed limit is not the solution. The strict punishments work fine to keep out those who cause accidents.

At least we agree that safety in road traffic is the most important aspect.
But no matter how strict you enforce the punishment of the ban system, it applies only after an incident has happened and only if the incident has been reported.
The speed limit however prevents a large number of accidents to happen at all. It is NOT a measure to prevent trolling and the like.

To conclude, I would like to say that a community needs rules and guidelines to function, to protect the weaker and to keep everybody safe. That also means that not every single wish and opinion can always be considered, which some might regard as unjust and ignorant. With Road to Simulation, the TruckersMP team set the base for what they considered to be is worth striving to, as it reflects the interest of a huge part of their community.

Drive safely!

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minority seeking realism in the game.
they used to be playing on the euro 1 server. and when Europe 2 was full, they were crying Europe 1 was empty. While the European 2 players enjoyed it, the European 1 players did not have any pleasure due to the selfish thoughts. I live in turkey. There is a European tachograph system here. Even in real life, there are those who do not.  If it doesn't follow the rules, the traffic police will be fined. Why am I not free? Those who love to go with 90kmh should play alone on the server of Europe 1 as before. It will be both a crowded server and limited as they wish. If the majority thought like them, Europe1 would be full in the past.

Yes he should definitely get up.

22 minutes ago, RepaiR said:

Hello ; 

It helps players drive more cautiously.Obviously I would recommend it to be further reduced. (90 KM/h)

it's true, the limiter makes everything more secure for newcomers players, but if you think about it in a certain way what they say is true, before when it was EU1 and EU2, it was always the latter that was the busiest because it had fewer limitations and therefore had a mixture of simulations and also had a game base as such, that was the main reason why it was the most used, personally defending the limiter but only because there are players who don't know or can't control them vehicles and if they take them at high speeds they end up crashed; that's why I defend it but with a greater top speed to make it a little more "fun" or at least a little even more realistic for some, such as me who used to reach 150, but I knew how to control it unlike some who already at 110 km/hr end up crashed into the wall and I think that's the main reason why maintains a maximum limitation to be more orderly servers when someone new comes who just adapts to this world; but it's more preferable to have a limiter to 150, that one to 110, so that people do not get bored and thus keep alive the servers but with a minimum order by means of prohibitions that are issued fairly and with foundations, such as: after the first ban, the limitation is up to 90 km/hr and after a cooling period goes back to the original of 150 km/hr.

Yes very. especialy some repairstation still don't have collisionzone on. and it dosn't mater u can crash into other with like 10mph and send they like to the moon. or with 120mph and send them flying to mars. i don't do that. but some others sometimes.

and yeah on the highways doing or ur truck or car automatlike slow u down to do 45mph . that has nothing todo with realism / simulation. even a tesla or tesla truck dont do that. or a programed to do that you know like in 10 or 20 miles on highway  every city for like 10miles will slow u down for nothing / no kids or cars or truck  gona cross the highway. but the settings witch a very easly do be removed do that. let us decide witch speed we can handle and wana travle. something betwin 100-120mph. just made like 4 servers or set some of them who exists in to 

1x ATS EU  max speed 120mph

1x ATS US  max speed 120mph

1x ETS2 EU max speed 120mph

1x ETS2 US max speed 120mph

that will be a great easter present for us!

thanks TMP !

15 minutes ago, kamyoncununvitesi said:

and AI traffic

Adding AI on such a large map, synchronized between more than 4'000 players at the same time while being accurate between them all (without lags/freezes) is far from being easy.

It's something that, I believe, is still being worked on, as we released this trailer a while ago. But due to the complexity of the task, I think we're still far from seeing it being added. Only time will tell us.

People should think twice before trying to convince others that because EU#2 had more players than EU#1 it means that everyone loved to drive with high speeds. It's plainly wrong. People used EU#2 server because it had like twice the capacity that EU#1 had. The same reason why since the changes were made, people used massively Simulation 1 instead of Arcade. Almost twice as many players there. And that's what players look for in online games, to be with many other players. Where do you think that they will have a better chance, in a 2300 slots server or in a 4500 slots one?

And only as my closing argument: Many topics have been opened, similar to this one, trying to get speed limits to be removed from the simulation servers. When in fact, what they are asking for is to have a full-speed-wrecking server. If it were only about the speed, why don't they use the arcade server? Because they can't crash others. I can't find any other explanation.

38 minutes ago, KhaosHammer said:

Adding AI on such a large map, synchronized between more than 4'000 players at the same time while being accurate between them all (without lags/freezes) is far from being easy.

It's something that, I believe, is still being worked on, as we released this trailer a while ago. But due to the complexity of the task, I think we're still far from seeing it being added. Only time will tell us.

Idk but like I said I shouldn't more fun on singleplayer. This is bullshit. You need to fix that. Roads are too empty. And I have speed limit on empty roads. You should add dynamic speed limit like more cars = speed limit. No cars = no speed limit. And Speed limit will not stop troll players they can crash you with under 110 limit too.

no no no please no AI on MP! they are very bad driving.  like brake check everywhere  for noooo reason !  10kmh on higway !  SWITCHING lanes 10.000 times a minute .....  so if the put AI on MP = Dead game Rip Game 2020. and the other thing is the trolls had way much toys to play with!!!!  but if it just only on simulation max 90kmh  or maybe max 65km server . i dont know i dont care about. thats not really my speed who i wana cruise on.  i was  driving very fine with 170 -180kmh  in ATS and ETS2 for 3 years ago. when it was the game not broke. no broke means the speedlimiter broke it allready over 3 years ago. or when they lowerd it down to 128kmh?  just put it back to mormal. #ResetSpeedlimt170kmhHYPE and cars was 200km something like that. and support way much mods, trucks and trailers or way much citys and countrys like you TMP Promise us for nearly 5 months ago!!! make the first step talk to the mods developers they know how do that works very much faster then anybody include SCS. they also way much to slow in anything. so many ppl can not make the hole globe MP  ready but nearly 1 or 10 moder can do that in like 1 month? really? comon speedup #GASPEDAL . like i said in my first post. we never ever meet that young as today. some of us are 60+ years old or way much older and was playing the real trucking game in reallife for like 50years. some of them did not play the real trucking game at all. and wana drive around in theyr on country or city more then ever. but they can't cuz SCS and TMP release like 1 dlc per decate. sorry but it feels like so for them who are way much older then me. that means some of use be allready dead for many decates  when the hole globe is MP ready! for like 5 or 8 years old kids  they will see maybe tmp with hole globe supported. maybe they not. and thats all made me sad when i play ATS or ETS2 SP or TMP. i know i am not alone with thinking that way. some of them are allready dead, some of them give it up to sayd it over and over for many years. and other who played for long time ATS and ETS2 TMP  are switched games in somethig else maybe just UnoOnline etc. that means u losing players who brings money at most. ats or ets2 it is and never was my main game. so maybe if you change alot then is possible to be one day befor i die the main game.

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

People should think twice before trying to convince others that because EU#2 had more players than EU#1 it means that everyone loved to drive with high speeds. It's plainly wrong. People used EU#2 server because it had like twice the capacity that EU#1 had. The same reason why since the changes were made, people used massively Simulation 1 instead of Arcade. Almost twice as many players there. And that's what players look for in online games, to be with many other players. Where do you think that they will have a better chance, in a 2300 slots server or in a 4500 slots one?

And only as my closing argument: Many topics have been opened, similar to this one, trying to get speed limits to be removed from the simulation servers. When in fact, what they are asking for is to have a full-speed-wrecking server. If it were only about the speed, why don't they use the arcade server? Because they can't crash others. I can't find any other explanation.

Obviously not everyone who drives on EU2 enjoyed driving at high speeds. But it's bold to claim that a server with a speed limit could ever compete to a server without a speed limit. That vote should be a hint. And you conveniently skipped the fact that capacity of EU2 kept increasing because of demand (it didn't start with a capacity of 4k players) plus the fact that the arcade server has no collisions enabled. If EU1 ever had demand it would have been that server with extra capacity and if the arcade server had collisions enabled it would have been the same server like EU2 but with different name.

Also, the risk of crashing and in extension interacting is what makes multiplayer better than singleplayer. It makes you drive one bit more careful than you would drive if there were no collisions and it gives you a sense of purpose. So if I can't interact with other players,what's the point of playing multiplayer. Also, the map is vast and for the most part players drive in a certain area so what's the point of blocking the speed of a truck in an area without players? Safety for who? 

The lack of collisions is one more step further away from immersion. So why should people who like to speed play on a server who lacks the basic compound of a driving multiplayer game? I'd be happier driving with AI.

So in conclusion and like you said, people dont play on arcade because they can't crash with others, because crashing in a multiplayer driving game is equal to interacting and that's what people are after in multiplayer games. 

On 4/13/2020 at 2:27 PM, Joao Rodrigues said:

To conclude, I would like to say that a community needs rules and guidelines to function, to protect the weaker and to keep everybody safe. That also means that not every single wish and opinion can always be considered, which some might regard as unjust and ignorant. With Road to Simulation, the TruckersMP team set the base for what they considered to be is worth striving to, as it reflects the interest of a huge part of their community.

Drive safely!

And i completely disagree with that. Those who enjoyed driving at slower speeds could simply distance themselves from the C-D area and drive in the areas around that road where still plenty of players were to find and it was much safer.  Those who kept requesting a speed limit were never enforced to drive at high speeds.

And The road to Simulation shows that Truckersmp didn't value their community's opinion and given the fact that they had monopoly over multiplayer on ETS2, they didn't care about backlash in their speed limit decision. The road to Simulation reflects the needs of the smallest part of the community and it certainly sent away several players who felt that this decision was unjust. I'm fairly certain that everyone noticed the drop in playerbase since the summer, especially around Christmas holidays, when last year they kept increasing server limits due to demand. 

In my opinion, if there's ever some competition over the multiplayer aspect of ETS2 (So far it seems we're heading that way based on several discussions i had with IFMP devs), the players who felt marginalized or abandoned by the speed limit decision, will jump ship with no second thought. And like @FernandoCR [ESP] mentioned above, players look to be with many other players. So what will happen to the game, if the playerbase keeps falling because of players jumping ship?

16 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

yes yes on empty roads without speed limit seems very fun....

On 4/10/2020 at 5:25 PM, Zoom01 said:

I strongly agree the staff to remove the speed limit. 

Reasons:
I used to do long haul Jobs before the staff changed the speed limit to 110km/hr now i don't drive them anymore as they take lots my time to haul.
The servers are always more crowded around CD roads and near towns,this is the most common place for accidents. But if more drivers are more scarce then we shouldn't worry about very many accidents in these regions

The staff can also create more speed limiters around roads like CD road to reduce on accidents the way they added the limits in cities and leave the highways to drive at 150km/h

This is the thing again as i earlier commented . I quote this as the only solution we need from TMP team. 

6 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

I find it alarming and saddening to read that there are players trivializing the purpose of this mod to reckless driving behavior and its consequences.
From this moment, I will not continue to discuss this matter with them, as I do not regard them as a serious dialog partner.

There's nothing to discuss anyway. I understand that there are problems without the speed limit and i also understand that there are problems with it. But you and (almost) any who's in favor of speed limit can't seem to accept that most of the community desires a no or higher speed-limit server and you simply choose to argue for the sake of safety while ignoring all the problems that goes with it.

But i'll leave you with this. This is my take on what's coming the next few months.

It's still a guess but i've made tons of discussions the past few weeks (thanks to the quarantine) to reach to that conclusion.

I'll begin with the following quote i saw in another topic.

They still believe that voting about this will make a difference? Yeah, keep creating topics, opening polls, whatever. We are already seeing how all the topics and polls back in the day about removing the 150 Km/h speed limit ended up... 110 Km/h, congratulations and thank you for your vote!

He's right of course. This vote won't make any difference but it serves a greater purpose. It shows once again that the TMP administration team does not take the community's voice into account. It also shows that in case such a vote was to take place within the server, the results wouldn't differ a lot. I'd argue that the 80-20% would have a marginal error of -+5-7.5%.

So with that in mind, The TMP administration team keeps pushing their Road to Simulation updates, and ignore the feeling of discontent that exists within their players. 

And Infinite Truckers MP is going live within the year and with it, a server that is closer to the player's requests comes online (either with no speed limit or a much higher speed limit).

Once the dust settles, we'll see how many players migrated to the new mod. We'll witness the outcome of the Road to Simulation decisions and how much it has affected the playerbase lately. We'll witness how many players left because when they chose to create a topic or a poll to express their discontent, they were ignored (case in point watch the quote above). I'll probably be one of those players. And i wonder how many players feel the same?

It took 6 months and a 110km/h speed limit, to witness the playerbase struggling to cap at 4k during rush hour on the main server. And people laughed at this when the road to simulation decision first came out. They kept saying that these rules won't affect the playerbase. While Last year, it was crystal clear that the playerbase wouldn't stop growing and we now could have had 5-6k server capacity. 

The server became boring. You would either drive a route within the usual suspects (Duisburg,Calais,Lille,Brussels,Rotterdam) or wouldn't drive at all because the rest of the map was ruined.

It's still just a guess though. But in case you believe in statistics (considering that everyone who voted yes would leave), the number of players that might end up leaving the mod should terrify you. 

PS: I wonder, How many players feel like the player in the image below? 

Screenshot_1.png

we don't need speed to crash into eachother. i friend of mine just tested his sterling angle or he maybe he was bord for waiting for convoy members at service station  and  hit a guy  cuz there was onece again the one thing called  the service station has not collition zone active.  So he do some donats in a reagulary NON collison area. but it was not on so he hit a guy and got for 14day banned.   speed dosn't mater. speed was right set at the beginnig for over 3 years ago. so do 110 again and we all abit happyer. 

Accidents can fly even if you limit your speed.
Some users drive long distances, others prefer heavy cargo, so limiting speed is inconvenient.

Instead, it's okay to limit passenger cars to prevent trolling with cars.

i wuld do it if i had the option in ATS too. we just have 2 servers  EU and US servers. NO Arcade etc server for American Truck Simulator witch is also very important to me and we are  very many most Quaddruple ppl who wanna drive . but speedlimit is to slow, we all who played both games for over 3 years ago with like 110mph and like 180kmh  in ets2 was love in it to have that speed . was not a must. but good to know we can drive faster if we want to. but the very worst part of speedlimit now is still doing 45mph on a highway when we passing  citys!!! that has just NOTHING to do with Simulation / Realism @TMP  @SCS in both games!  so thats way is so worse it really is. and guys please chech TMP Patreon page there are 2 GOALS who already riched over months ago. and nothing happend until yet like WAY much mods  like Trucks and Trailers , Engines and Transmisions and also Paintjobs ... support , WAY much countrys like Asia /  Africa / Australia/ Canada / Brazil and sooner as possible the hole US map + Canada + Mexico +++ . Moders know the the way!!! please contact them get in touch! work together. is very easy to implement that in less than 1 month maybe in just 1 weekend!!!  screenshot 1 is from  04/11/2020 and 2th is from  01/23/2020 ( both maybe way much older . idk when they rich that exactly but on they both days was so)   

image.png

image.png

Archived