Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

2 hours ago, Moritaka said:

I see that there are many opinions that and I don't want to offend anyone, but they are populist but without credible or true basis of why remove the limiter, because if you say you want to remove the limiter because in the offline the trucks arrive about 110 km/hr, it is the same as saying "take the limit because cars can go faster than that" -> in the real life, it's not because the vehicles can't, it's not because it's more boring, it's FOR SAFETY!!.

For example, if your Scania reaches 150 with charge, I don't think you're in an area with +30 players at that speed because of the multiple factors present there ranging from the Lag of others to some crazy people who overtake and impact head-on; here you are not seeing the reality of trucks, but the reality which tells us that if one limits to 110, the probability of a limit makes + safe routes in general by lowering the load on the GMs and thus investing the time that would be spent reviewing speed accident reports, keeping the order of routes in live.

And another example would be that there are vehicles that if they are taken the limit, they will not yield the same as other as other because if we see it in fact, an RENAULT PREMIUM 420 does not yield the same a SCANIA S 730, and that will mean that there will be risky overtaking to the traffic way this by not going so fast, or the most classic example: The Skodas. who by the time of the 110 km/hr they have terrible control and that's why their perfect speed is 90, and without limits these cars would fly every corner for their bad physics..... Imagine that the number of accidents by these cars would increase experimentally if the limiter is eliminated, and it becomes the basis that safety is the main thing.

Safety is the main thing and that's why there is a ban system. Enforcing an attitude and reducing immersion by applying a speed limit is not the solution. The strict punishments work fine to keep out those who cause accidents. 

2 hours ago, PooDy said:

Than as i told you go on arcade, i can drive fast too, but you alone can't be more than those trolls, go for arcade lift the speed limit to 300km and fly there be free and we will be on our simulation server cuz we'd like to play more real than you, if you want to go 200km go for arcade i do not know what are you trying to say here you will have your server.

And count on that you will never beat me in fast delivery with no speed limit restriction.

There's no point to go to a server that has no collisions. You still don't get that, do you?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PooDy said:

For you have no point cuz you like to get crashed or you crashing to someone????

If safety is main thing, than stop talking about removing the speed limit ;) get your thing straight then talk.

And i'm telling you again you need to stop stereotyping people who want the speed limit lifted. Trolling and Speeding is two different things. You need to stop confusing them

On 4/11/2020 at 6:14 AM, Nobody Knows said:

Imagine touring an empty road with your friend. There is no crowd around but the system detects that your friend is close to you and restricts you. I don't think you will like it. ?

If I were to be driving with my friend, I'd see no reason to speed as we'd be chatting on discord. I was referring to situations in which you are driving alone. This way we avoid people trying to race too.

PbF4Qgv.png
Retired Team Member
// Report // Ban appeal // Ingame rules // Support //

17 minutes ago, PooDy said:

I'm not confusing anything only you do, If you rise up speed more trolls apears, i play this game a long time so i know what to expect, secondly MP isn't scs so you can put 90 on server cuz will be under MP rules not scs.

Yes but like i told you, I'm fine with people reckless driving. And in the end of the day you can video report them and begone with them. TMP can do whatever they like with the rules but the last few months proved that people are against the speed limit (hence the drop in playerbase ever since the summer) and this vote proves that most players desire a no-speed-limit server.

And it might not be that long that Infinite Truckers release their mod (They said they'll have a no speed limit server) and all the players that desire a no speed limit end up playing there. And TMP servers will end up with a playerbase they used to have back in 2015.

42 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Safety is the main thing and that's why there is a ban system. Enforcing an attitude and reducing immersion by applying a speed limit is not the solution. The strict punishments work fine to keep out those who cause accidents. 

I respectfully disagree with you, because as strict as the punishments, last for a while some and then return to the server to generate the same chaos for which they were banned, so speed limitations serve to do so, to have control over those who infringe but without the need for BAN; also if you think about it is a measure to be safe if someone has LAG, because when you go all slower if one stops, the other will be slower will be more quick evasive action unlike if you go to 150, there times are shortened; also as last because remove the limiter being that in real life there are strong and strict limitations, in addition to this having its name: EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2, is a truck simulator not one from NASCAR or the LeMans.

21 minutes ago, Moritaka said:

I respectfully disagree with you, because as strict as the punishments, last for a while some and then return to the server to generate the same chaos for which they were banned, so speed limitations serve to do so, to have control over those who infringe but without the need for BAN; also if you think about it is a measure to be safe if someone has LAG, because when you go all slower if one stops, the other will be slower will be more quick evasive action unlike if you go to 150, there times are shortened; also as last because remove the limiter being that in real life there are strong and strict limitations, in addition to this having its name: EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2, is a truck simulator not one from NASCAR or the LeMans.

First of all, give me one thing that this game simulates and i'll be convinced that it's a simulator. If you can't, can we agree that it's a truck game?

Secondly, Lag issues will forever exist as long as there are people with poor internet connections. It's the price we pay to play multiplayer. The speed limit ruins the immersion of the game and i consider it a poor decision for the sake of safety. Accidents is what makes the game more realistic and more fun than Singleplayer. If i wanted a perfect traffic system, i wouldn't come to Multiplayer. 

I don't think that enforcing the players with a rule they don't like is the way to solve the safety issues. I've voiced my concerns about the matter in the suggestion department.

EDIT: If this game doesn't get a server-side economy, reckless driving won't vanish, even if they push the speed limit to 70 km/h. But yeah let's reduce the speed limit more, shrink our playerbase until a few people stay here wondering where is everyone else?

11 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

First of all, give me one thing that this game simulates and i'll be convinced that it's a simulator. If you can't, can we agree that it's a truck game?

Secondly, Lag issues will forever exist as long as there are people with poor internet connections. It's the price we pay to play multiplayer. The speed limit ruins the immersion of the game and i consider it a poor decision for the sake of safety. Accidents is what makes the game more realistic and more fun than Singleplayer. If i wanted a perfect traffic system, i wouldn't come to Multiplayer. 

I don't think that enforcing the players with a rule they don't like is the way to solve the safety issues. I've voiced my concerns about the matter in the suggestion department.

I will tell you very respectfully, it is easy to say that if you want a perfect traffic go offline and that it is just a game of trucks; but if you start thinking that there is no better simulation than with real people in conditions as close to reality; and because it's the closest thing to it, many try to do it, the difference is that they [include me] are in other parts that are not the C-D or collapsed areas, but in areas where there are other players but with a thought of being the closest thing to the simulation, but if we stay in the populisms, it is clear that this measure is only to run in areas with high presence of players such as the C-D, areas where it may be the limit of 60 but there will still be accidents, area where trolls live and very infamous, but there it is where this measure is designed, to reduce accidents; and if you're right it's a truck game, but if you want to run... go to another MP game to allow trucks to be used, because here the administration wants it to be as the title says: a European truck simulator. and I add last...I if I wanted the limiter to be removed to 110, but because of certain "characters" that only create chaos; I'd rather go to 90 than be in a derby of destruction.

1 minute ago, Moritaka said:

I will tell you very respectfully, it is easy to say that if you want a perfect traffic go offline and that it is just a game of trucks; but if you start thinking that there is no better simulation than with real people in conditions as close to reality; and because it's the closest thing to it, many try to do it, the difference is that they [include me] are in other parts that are not the C-D or collapsed areas, but in areas where there are other players but with a thought of being the closest thing to the simulation, but if we stay in the populisms, it is clear that this measure is only to run in areas with high presence of players such as the C-D, areas where it may be the limit of 60 but there will still be accidents, area where trolls live and very infamous, but there it is where this measure is designed, to reduce accidents; and if you're right it's a truck game, but if you want to run... go to another MP game to allow trucks to be used, because here the administration wants it to be as the title says: a European truck simulator. and I add last...I if I wanted the limiter to be removed to 110, but because of certain "characters" that only create chaos; I'd rather go to 90 than be in a derby of destruction.

I understand that there are players who try to enjoy the game as a simulation. And like you said they stay away from the infamous areas, the C-D road. I myself would like to see less reckless driving but i understand that the speed limit won't make it happen. Reckless driving should be dealt by its core, and that is the game itself. Currently the game is a free roam truck game. And most players view it as such. They hop into a truck and drive around and they don't care about rules. The solution is not the speed limit but a server side economy. And instead of these decisions about harsh punishments, what we should be getting after 6 years is a server-side economy.

And If the devs keep their current attitude, it might not be long until Infinite Truckers go online with their no-speed-limit server and every player who requested a no-speed limit server migrates there. And we'll end up here driving in servers with no players.

5 minutes ago, PooDy said:

So you agreed that you didn't read them... so go to read them at least 1 is there you should know and you wouldnt write that about the driving around.

I said plenty of things. What am i suppose to understand by that ---> "If you telling this than you didnt read the rules of MP....."

Be specific or stop talking for the sake of talking

Answering your last post, you should already know how posting works.... But for you.: your world:  They hop into a truck and drive around and they don't care about rules. So if you say this that did you read the rules? there is exactly this forbidden. But i'm not going to talk about rules here. 

1 minute ago, PooDy said:

Answering your last post, you should already know how posting works.... But for you.: your world:  They hop into a truck and drive around and they don't care about rules. So if you say this that did you read the rules? there is exactly this forbidden. But i'm not going to talk about rules here. 

Yes that's how every new player, kid and most casual players view the game. They don't care about reading the rules. I wasn't saying that for me. 

2 hours ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

I understand that there are players who try to enjoy the game as a simulation. And like you said they stay away from the infamous areas, the C-D road. I myself would like to see less reckless driving but i understand that the speed limit won't make it happen. Reckless driving should be dealt by its core, and that is the game itself. Currently the game is a free roam truck game. And most players view it as such. They hop into a truck and drive around and they don't care about rules. The solution is not the speed limit but a server side economy. And instead of these decisions about harsh punishments, what we should be getting after 6 years is a server-side economy.

And If the devs keep their current attitude, it might not be long until Infinite Truckers go online with their no-speed-limit server and every player who requested a no-speed limit server migrates there. And we'll end up here driving in servers with no players.

Okay, I'll be honest with you, personally I don't want speed to be limited because you still want to go fast on occasions; but I don't want the limit to be removed since there are many players who don't know how to control the vehicles and therefore end up crashing into something; But I would like the limit to be higher than the current one, about 130 kmhr, since without limits some could not control everything.

Also, I would like that if there was a limit in the CD, a lower speed limit, because going 30 km / hr on a route where the minimum Gnral is 80, it is only to generate traffic, but what do you want me to tell you .. ... as long as we don't see that some respect the others or have the expertise behind the wheel, I don't want the limitations to be removed.

33 minutes ago, Moritaka said:

Okay, I'll be honest with you, personally I don't want speed to be limited because you still want to go fast on occasions; but I don't want the limit to be removed since there are many players who don't know how to control the vehicles and therefore end up crashing into something; But I would like the limit to be higher than the current one, about 130 kmhr, since without limits some could not control everything.

Also, I would like that if there was a limit in the CD, a lower speed limit, because going 30 km / hr on a route where the minimum Gnral is 80, it is only to generate traffic, but what do you want me to tell you .. ... as long as we don't see that some respect the others or have the expertise behind the wheel, I don't want the limitations to be removed.

It's nice to know at least that you can see from my perspective. 

Archived