Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some posts in this discussion are bursting with populism, which I find extremely inappropriate.
If you want to improve this multiplayer mod, you can do so by creating a suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum.
The continuous attempts to portray unproven generalizations as facts however will not lead anywhere.

1 hour ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

Some posts in this discussion are bursting with populism, which I find extremely inappropriate.
If you want to improve this multiplayer mod, you can do so by creating a suggestion in the corresponding part of the forum.
The continuous attempts to portray unproven generalizations as facts however will not lead anywhere.

I'm not sure to which posts you're referring but The speed limit was never accepted by the community. It was never a debate and it never had 50/50 support in both sides. The speed limit was enforced to the players, and people accepted it because truckersmp is the only multiplayer mod on the market.

My opinion on this:
Speed is almost always the cause of an accident, stopping a traffic jam too late, taking a turn too fast with the cause driving on the other lane or you are upside down, more overtaking.... Because almost everyone is interested in the C-D road it would be safe and better to have a speed limit.

Just now, PooDy said:

Than you should re read what i wrote up, to have one real server with col. on and 90km/h and second with full no collision. I have a lot of changes in mind but I'm not an admin to change something ;)

Yes i know you wrote that and it's very convenient to enforce the players to drive the way you like.

Nope that's not right, what i like, its giving the possibility to choose what you like and go on that server. If you would be on DC road when it was 180km allowed with skodas later you would say different things. But yes cuz a lot of drivers like you like to drive as F1 with 3t trailer to be somewhere first than you can drive on arcade. Easy ;)

4 minutes ago, PooDy said:

Nope that's not right, what i like, its giving the possibility to choose what you like and go on that server. If you would be on DC road when it was 180km allowed with skodas later you would say different things. But yes cuz a lot of drivers like you like to drive as F1 with 3t trailer to be somewhere first than you can drive on arcade. Easy ;)

It's not what you like because removing no collisions from the server is the same as driving alone. We should make one server with no rules and a simulation server but with no collisions. You'll drive really careful anyway so why do you need collisions?

5 minutes ago, PooDy said:

Cuz its simulation but after 170 hours on ets you can't understand, i don't mind if it will be complete no collision on all servers, but still its SCS game not TMP, and still its simulator not a race game. 

Since you don't mind what it's like, why do you wanna enforce something on those who do mind? Keep 3 simulation servers and one arcade server with collisions. And let us all f1 drivers gather there and have our fun. But i doubt that the admins in here can live with the fact that the simulation servers will be empty once again. And like i keep saying, the game is not a simulation. It's a free roam truck game. Until it becomes a simulation it shouldn't enforce the players with a speed limit.

Just now, PooDy said:

WIerd so why its Called Euro truck SIMULATOR? so when its not according to you a simulation game?

And If you think they will be empty you are wrong. Maybe it will not have those 4k people cuz bad drivers where they can't ram into others will never go on the simulator server.

So his name make it a simulator game? It's not a simulation game because at this current moment it can't properly simulate the physics for a driving game. Why does SCS allows you to reach 170 km/h with cargo if it's a simulation? It's just a good truck game, no matter what you call it.

In the past, when there was a simulation server with 90km/h speed limit and a casual server with no speed limit, people preferred the casual server and the simulation server was always empty. Maybe you weren't here to witness it or you simply forgot. And the speed limit can easily be blamed for the lack of people the game had the last few months. Until the quarantine came and reminded us all what was the game like before the speed limit.

I remember when the speed limit was 150km/h (limited by truck).

Sure it was fun driving at that speed on a deserted back road, but driving at those speeds on a server with 2000+ other players is a recipe for pain.

Having the entire map looking like C-D road, with crashed trucks everywhere and Skodas in trees, isn't an improvement.

Besides which I do External Contracts/External Market jobs for WoT, so I'm limited to 90km/h by those anyway.

15 minutes ago, PooDy said:

But i understand you want to fly so go on arcade its ok :) 

See that's your true argument. "If you don't like the simulation, just go on arcade server with no collisions". But deep down you know, you'll end up playing alone on the simulation server if they ever add collisions on the arcade server. 

1 minute ago, PooDy said:

Nope, deep down i know i can drive safe and noone like you will crash to me for no reason or not following trafic rules cuz you want to make a race track from a truck game.

And that's exactly the stereotype attached to anyone who says to lift the speed limit. Racer, reckless driver, troll etc...You've no idea how i drive, you simply can't put into perspective that there are people who like to drive faster than you, and these people represent the highest % of the community. And if this mod was not the only multiplayer mod on the market, it would host a small number of players.

Than as i told you go on arcade, i can drive fast too, but you alone can't be more than those trolls, go for arcade lift the speed limit to 300km and fly there be free and we will be on our simulation server cuz we'd like to play more real than you, if you want to go 200km go for arcade i do not know what are you trying to say here you will have your server.

And count on that you will never beat me in fast delivery with no speed limit restriction.

I see that there are many opinions that and I don't want to offend anyone, but they are populist but without credible or true basis of why remove the limiter, because if you say you want to remove the limiter because in the offline the trucks arrive about 110 km/hr, it is the same as saying "take the limit because cars can go faster than that" -> in the real life, it's not because the vehicles can't, it's not because it's more boring, it's FOR SAFETY!!.

For example, if your Scania reaches 150 with charge, I don't think you're in an area with +30 players at that speed because of the multiple factors present there ranging from the Lag of others to some crazy people who overtake and impact head-on; here you are not seeing the reality of trucks, but the reality which tells us that if one limits to 110, the probability of a limit makes + safe routes in general by lowering the load on the GMs and thus investing the time that would be spent reviewing speed accident reports, keeping the order of routes in live.

And another example would be that there are vehicles that if they are taken the limit, they will not yield the same as other as other because if we see it in fact, an RENAULT PREMIUM 420 does not yield the same a SCANIA S 730, and that will mean that there will be risky overtaking to the traffic way this by not going so fast, or the most classic example: The Skodas. who by the time of the 110 km/hr they have terrible control and that's why their perfect speed is 90, and without limits these cars would fly every corner for their bad physics..... Imagine that the number of accidents by these cars would increase experimentally if the limiter is eliminated, and it becomes the basis that safety is the main thing.

Archived