Speed Limit Discussion

Speed Limit  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Should the speed limit be removed?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having a speed limit is ridiculous in a way. People who do not comply with the rules and who drive at excessive speed and crash are banned from the game. Other players are restricted just because they're like that. I think there is no point in having restrictions when there is already a system of reporting and banning.

I strongly agree the staff to remove the speed limit. 

Reasons:
I used to do long haul Jobs before the staff changed the speed limit to 110km/hr now i don't drive them anymore as they take lots my time to haul.
The servers are always more crowded around CD roads and near towns,this is the most common place for accidents. But if more drivers are more scarce then we shouldn't worry about very many accidents in these regions

The staff can also create more speed limiters around roads like CD road to reduce on accidents the way they added the limits in cities and leave the highways to drive at 150km/h

2 hours ago, Joao Rodrigues said:

This obviously is complete nonsense.
The road between Duisburg and Calais was already populated long before anybody even thought about reducing the speed limit.
A possible cause of rarely meeting another player simply is that the number of online players is very low in relation to the size of the map. Even if you would evenly distribute the average number of 6000 online players over Europe you would hardly run into anybody.
And what makes it even more unlikely is that one sixth of these online players prefers to drive up and down the same route all day long.

Nobody argued whether the C-D road was full or not before the speed limit. The point is that the speed limit killed driving in remote areas completely and in general made highway driving extremely boring. Like i said, even if there are 1000 trucks 500 meters ahead of you,  you'll never encounter any of them because you all move on the same speed. Also I've been driving in Scandinavia before the speed limit and i'd always encountered a few trucks going my way. Now whenever i get a little bit further from the formentioned 4 cities, it's like i'm driving in an empty server. And the sad part is that if you open the ets2 map you'll probably see a few trucks going the same way as you do, but like i said there's not a chance of ever reaching them. So that makes the C-D road even more populated than before. That's why l enjoy more driving there all day long than struggling to encounter another player in some other area. 

That issue could be partially solved, if they remove the speed limit from all DLC areas. People would start driving in other places instead driving up and down the same route all day long. But apparently most people in here are allergic to the words "Speed limit" and if Infinite Truckers ever made it out, we'll watch the playerbase going down.

On 3/30/2020 at 8:45 PM, HУPΞЯFUЯУ said:

yes mate arcade is an ideal server to speed up but empty roads cause arcade server not used. this time when people do not use the arcade server, they enter the simulation servers and lead to the traffic magman, which we call troll.

it would be great to create a server where there is a collision and no speed limit for them.but of course this is my opinion,  I am open to your suggestions ?

Yes, I agree with my friend on this and it really makes sense. 

Dear friends; 

There were also many accidents before the speed limit in the game. Now many accidents are occurring. Especially the D-C path and especially. With the speed limit, you cannot prevent this. We took the road DLC to the Black Sea. Getting in and out of Istanbul is a problem. In a viaduct that turns right after Edirne, the speed limit is starting. The road doesn't end. In France, the speed decreases in the same way, as a highway passes right next to some cities. It's a game by name. Ok realism is important, but preferences and desires are as important as realism. Because it comes to this point thanks to this game. Don't tell your speed limit to continue, friends. Reach speed limits in your room. Nobody will prevent you. In other words, the short limit should be the speed limit.I hope Truckers MP will take into account the demands and demands of its users and do whatever it takes.

Hello, First of all, what everyone has to say is that the trucks go 90. But there are the invisible parts of the tugers, there are trucks that go faster in Europe or elsewhere, especially the trucks with a load of vegetables. Whichever is higher in voting, that option should be made.

I Think There Should Be A Speed Limit. The 110 km/h speed limit can only be increased slightly.

The speed limiter, which is 110km/h, might be better to have 130km / h.users who wish can secure speeds of 90 or 110 km/h.

Dude, NO. Whenever i see a truck doing 110 or 100 on 2 lane road i want to hide, in my experince 8/10 guys cant drive at 90 on 2 lane road, i mean, quality driving. If it was up to me the speed limit would be 90. If u want trucking experince with reckless driving go instal GTA V, then instal a thing called FiveM and on the server list find transport tycoon, there are 9 servers, have fun. I did nearly 400 hours on it, in maybe 3 months last year.

Let's stop now and think.

The reason for the limitation has a sustained and logical reason.
- Lack of responsibility, lack of understanding with the player who is simulating, lack of defensive direction and the lack of all the factors that involve the set of responsibility in the transit, in other words the famous recklessness.

The increase in speed will cost the prudent player a psychological stress of having to record his game to report the "reckless friend".

Why don't we drive at 150km/h in real life? Is it because of the question that in the past problems occurred? Draw the conclusion and you will see why the game has the word "simulation" in its name.

25 minutes ago, VCouto said:

Let's stop now and think.

The reason for the limitation has a sustained and logical reason.
- Lack of responsibility, lack of understanding with the player who is simulating, lack of defensive direction and the lack of all the factors that involve the set of responsibility in the transit, in other words the famous recklessness.

The increase in speed will cost the prudent player a psychological stress of having to record his game to report the "reckless friend".

Why don't we drive at 150km/h in real life? Is it because of the question that in the past problems occurred? Draw the conclusion and you will see why the game has the word "simulation" in its name.

So if it was called Eurotruck game, the speed limit rule wouldn't apply? I'm tired of listening the argument that the game is a simulation. It's not a simulation, we can start discussing that and we'll find several more reasons why the game is not a simulation rather than why it is. It's just a truck game. And the speed limit aims to reduce accidents. And it certainly does its job to an extent. I don't deny that. But at what cost? Any casual driver is going to drive on the C-D road and nowhere else. Not at the rate that people used to drive to remote areas in the past. If there was ever some immersion in the remote places of the game, now it's completely gone. And guess who's at fault for that.

Plus, there are solutions for the C-D road problem. And none of the head admins is willing to implement those solutions. 

I've always thought the speed limit is fine in certain areas.. What I'd actually like is for the speedlimit to be removed when driving in lonely areas of the game (No people around on tab player list).

For example you're driving from Rotterdam to Poznan: There's lots of sections of the road in which you drive completely alone for a really long time, I'd appreciate if I could go faster at those times (for example a speedlimit of 130-140km/h) and once a couple of players load in close to me (I catch up to someone or someone is coming opposite to me), the game automatically enforces the 110km/h speedlimit again.

This way, places with traffic will have a speedlimit enforced and less possibilites of accidents, and when driving alone it's not that lonely or boring. It would make finding other players around the game easier.

PbF4Qgv.png
Retired Team Member
// Report // Ban appeal // Ingame rules // Support //

Archived