Hot topic #19: Iberia and Idaho DLC

Matt

Hello truckers!

We are happy to announce that the bi-weekly Hot Topics are back!

After Beyond the Baltic Sea and Washington DLCs, SCS Software has been teasing us on the upcoming Iberia and Idaho for ETS2 and ATS respectively. 

What do you think about these new DLCs? Do you think they will be the best DLC released so far? 

Discuss it all below in this Hot Topic:

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 3
  • Woah! 1

yo

Idaho is going to be a game changer. More of a major crossroad between wonderful states, players will be able to cross to Washington from Nevada through Idaho without Oregon, and with the addition of Utah, long rides couldn't get more exciting. Alas, we're finally getting a larger-than-usual DLC.

Hopefully Iberia will shift the abundance of veterans who're currently in eastern Europe towards southern France where it's virtually semi-dead. Besides, a long ride from southern Iberia to north-west Norway will be a ton of fun.

• Like 2

First of all, you are bringing this topic up almost a year too early at least when we talk about Iberia, Iberia is far far away and with France as abandoned as it is, the same could happen with Iberia, i dont really see a bright future there.

Idaho, bring it on! Currently ATS is the better game in my opinion, basically the whole map has the same standard which is huge "+" gameplay wise, but the player base is what it is. I just enjoy seeing ATS overtaking ETS2, it's not there yet but it looks really promissing.

• Upvote 2

Perhaps with the launch of Iberia, cities like Bordeaux and Toulouse will be more busy. I remember when it launched the DLC Going East, that Hungary was empty, a "ghost country", but when SCS launched the Black Sea, Szeged increased its occupation by 25 to 30%. I wish Iberia to be a great DLC, as are the other expansion DLCs, like Italy, the Baltic Sea and others. Let's wait!

These two regions are both what I expected to be released before announced the SCS, as they contain many features worth purchasing and exploring.

• For Iberia Peninsula in ETS2, Spain and Portugal are the two countries it contains, with many famous attractions worldwide and beautiful urban areas. One thing I expect SCS to do is to create more symbolic viewpoints that allows people to experience the excitement of being here without buying a flight ticket. Moreover It'd be glad if adding more details to the cities, such as Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Lisbon. These contents in this upcoming DLC should be better than did the ProMods. The black sea DLC proved the same for us. I believe that SCS will not let us down this time.
  • For Idaho, all I expect is one thing: the Yellow Stone National Park, although Idaho only contains a little part of it. It would definitely be amazing if Yellow Stone is added in this DLC.
  • Like 1

TR TEAM | DRIVER

76561198419392120.png

I personally can't wait for Iberia, Spain is the number one place I have been waiting for since day one of buying ETS2! 
I am hoping they include both Spain and Portugal, and if I really want to push the boat out with high hopes, I would really really really love to see the Canary Islands involved either within the DLC or possibly as an update to the DLC very soon after release! (Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria and Tenerife). 

I am excited for both. Idaho should give us some more mountains to drive through. It does make me wonder what state will be next though since they ruled out Texas anytime soon. I would like to see Colorado. Driving through Iberia will be nice. It will get me going through France a lot more. I hope it helps pick up some traffic in France since the roads are so quite over there now. 

I’m definitely excited for both of the DLC’s to drop, mainly due to their beautiful landscapes. Between the two, Idaho is the one I’m more excited about.

I personally can’t judge whether or not it will be the best map expansion for ATS. As Washington is my choice for that.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

It's been from ETS1 that I've not driven in Iberia. It'll be fun driving from Lisbon to Helsinki or to Istanbul. I'm really looking forward to this dlc. And I hope to see a few more people around since in Black Sea DLC area I haven't met a lot of truckers...

5632256.png  | ❔ Need help? ❔ | Allowed mods | TMP Rules |  5632256.png      If you liked what I wrote, just click the "Upvote" button! Thank you! ↗↗↗

1275462519_role_VeteranVI(1).png.e3386be