Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Looking for ATS VTC Focused on actual SIM experience

[VIVA] JagerShot84

We all have our desires when it comes to finding a good fit for a VTC.  I know a lot of drivers look at the leader boards and that's how they make their decision, but none of that mile grinding BS works for me.  I like the "S" in Truck Sim.  Actually simulating operating a truck from starting the engine manually, to shifting gears, and backing every load on delivery and driving a realistic speed.  

I'm looking for a VTC that is more focused on the SIMULATION of trucking, not leader boards and miles.  What drives me in games and simulation is the journey of progression.  Starting out at the bottom and putting in a little work and effort to advance through the ranks and earn better, shiner things.  Does a VTC exist that caters to people like me who aren't looking for a super laid back and casual group?  

I've thought about it and if I were laying out guidelines for my perfect company, this is what the progression would look like:

**IF Anyone Knows of a VTC That Aligns With My Preferences of Realism and SIM Oriented, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!**

Progression Would look like this:

Greenhorn

• Can only drive Base Model Day cab.
  • Single Dispatch distance not to exceed 400 Miles
  • Engine must be less than 400 HP
  • Loads cannot exceed 20,000 lbs
  •  Only Endorsements: Single Trailer/Van/ Dry Good Van, Flat Bed. No Hazardous Materials, No Tankers 
  • To Be Promoted Must drive 1,200 miles first week (75mph max), if not completed must restart from 0, and drive 1,200 miles by end of second week.
  • Does not have to wait full week, eligible for promotion once mileage has been met. No disciplinary actions on record

Trainee Driver

• Can only drive Base Model Day cab.
  • Single Dispatches not to exceed 800 miles.
  • Engine must be less than 400 HP
  • Loads cannot exceed 35,000 lbs
  • Endorsements: Single Trailer/ Van Only. Dry Good Van, Flat Bed, Non Hazardous Tanks, Agriculture Products.
  • To Be Promoted Must drive 3,000 miles within 2 weeks. (75mph max). Eligible for promotion after mileage has been met. No disciplinary actions on record

Rookie Hauler

• Can drive Base Model Day cab or Sleeper.
  • Single Dispatches not to exceed 1400 miles.
  • Engine must be less than 500 HP
  • Loads cannot exceed 50,000 lbs
  • Endorsements: Single Trailer/Van Only. All non-Hazardous less than 25 tons.
  • To Be Promoted Must drive 1,500 miles per week for 2 weeks. (75mph max). Not eligible for promotion before 2 weeks. No disciplinary actions on record

Company Driver - Level 1 Endorsements

• Can drive all Model Day cabs and Sleepers.
  • Single Dispatches: No Mileage Limit on route.
  • Engine Restrictions: NONE
  • Loads cannot exceed 80,000 lbs
  • Endorsements: Single/Double Trailer/Vans Only. All non-Hazardous less than 40 tons.
  • To Be Promoted Must drive 1,500 miles per week for 4 weeks. (75mph max). Not eligible for promotion before 4 weeks. No disciplinary actions on record.

Company Driver - Level 2 Endorsements (Heavy / Oversize Endorsement)

• MUST posses Level 1 Endorsement as a Full Time Company Driver First
  • Must Complete 2 Day time and 2 Night time routes of 200+ miles each.
  • Loads must be 80,000 lbs or more

Once Heavy / Oversize requirements have been made, the following endorsements are provided

• Endorsements: Single/Double/ Trailer/Vans/Tankers . All non-Hazardous Cargo and no weight restrictions

Company Driver - Level 3 Endorsements (HAZMAT Endorsement)

• MUST posses Level 1 Endorsement as a Full Time Company Driver First
  • Must Complete 2 Day time and 2 Night time routes of 200+ miles each.
  • Loads must be classified as HAZMAT with no weight restriction

Once HAZMAT requirements have been made, the following endorsements are provided

• Endorsements: Single/Double/ Trailer/Vans/Tankers . All Hazardous Cargo and no weight restrictions

Other "Time of Service" and "Mileage Achievements" would certainly be in place to acknowledge those dedicated members.  

This is just what my ideal VTC would look like, Focused on SIM trucking and the motions of real life, not Racking up tons o' miles.  If people enjoy the grind, no reason not to, but it wouldn't be a requirement.  

spacer.png

I abhor VTC's in general so I can't help you with that, but just for clarity's sake (I mean if you really want a realistic simulation experience):

A rookie driver will almost never get a daycab, they're usually required to have their hazmat endorsement from day one, and their length of haul will not be limited.  The vast majority of us "paid our dues" over the road for the first several years, then later were lucky enough to land a local (day cab) job.  Most local jobs require at least 2 years of OTR experience.  Of course there are exceptions, but a daycab driver (LTL for example) who's played his cards right can be home every day making pretty close to 6 figures while a non-specialized OTR driver will be lucky to make $50k.  A specialized OTR driver would be someone who hauls overdimensional, specific high value cargo, household goods, etc and they tend to be well paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been 14 days since the last reply.

For the reason stated above, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived