Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New save editing rules

LordBenji

Save editing  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the new rules for save editing?

• I agree completely / It doesn't affect me
    • I am disappointed, but I will accept it and move on
    • I disagree, and I want the rules to be revisited
    • I completely disagree and will not play TruckersMP anymore

I have personally never used save-editing, nor really wanted to. I think you can make a fine looking truck / trailer without needing to save-edit (particularly with the DLC tuning packs), but I also think some save-edited trucks look very good. No doubt frequent abuse of save-editing has been a factor in this rule change, but I do understand many people do not have this intention.

I have no issue with the rule change myself, but I see many people are disappointed their original configurations are no longer appropriate.

Hey guys, ?‍♂️
I have a question about my tuning at my truck. I have it for months and I don't play MP for months.. ?
So I don't know if this is allowed. 

https://imgur.com/nkSAxSi

I have roof bars from Range-T, Daf XF 106 and Renault Magnum, so nothing is duplicated.
But if the rules say we can't mix truck parts, then I must to delete this tuning. right? ?

J8mjUZp.png          TMP FORUM Kondor.png          k81KWvs.png

I used to save edit like crazy back where save editing was fully allowed, like in early 2018. The one lane rural road between the cities Calais and Duisburg were full of save edited trucks. If you had a good-looking truck, then you had people messaging you non-stop asking how you've done that. I'm going to reply to a few points that a few people raised up here. I won't be able to reply to everyone though.

I know the official way of giving your opinion would be through feedback

Feedback or Forums, both options are available. I can assure you that the game management looks for feedback, constructive criticism and complaints from the community regarding changes that were implemented previously. There's always something that can be improved or even changed. We welcome all user feedback as this provides us with valuable insight into our services from the user’s perspective and can inform service improvement, as it has done in this case.

Want to make a suggestion? Let me show you an example on how it's done:

1. You start off by focusing on the save editing changes — what you like about the changes and so on.
  2. Then, you provide the criticism — things you don’t like about the changes, the areas of improvement.
  3. In the end, you round off the suggestion with (a) a reiteration of the positive comments you gave at the start and (b) the positive results that can be expected if the suggestion is acted upon.

Be specific with your suggestion. Say you’re giving feedback on a rule change:

• Vague: I don't like the recent save editing changes, they're awful. I'm quitting and leaving the game entirely!
    • This suggestion is hardly constructive. No suggestions included or anything that could be changed.
  • Specific: Great changes! However, due to the recent save editing changes that were implemented we're now very limited and unable to re-create IRL trucks but there are some things which can be improved and changed – namely, (a) the maximum number of duplicates and (b) allowing specific trailer swaps.
    • Great suggestion that is specific. It tells us the key problem that came with the latest change.

That’s not to say that vague suggestions are stupid or bad. It’s just that specific suggestions helps us understand the user’s needs more easily. For example, just saying “I don't like the changes, they're stupid!” is not helpful. On the other hand, stating the specific things you do not like, is helpful. My final tip for giving constructive suggestions is not to make assumptions. When providing criticism, do so within what you know as fact about the subject, in this case, save editing.

Save editing trucks is a culture in TMP that many enjoy, both to make and see. I do not believe this culture should be limited further, which is why I am dissapointed with the recent changes.

If we set no limits, then it will be abused to the absolute limit. Modifications that were made back in early-mid 2018 would kill your frames or drop it to a number where you'd be unable to drive properly. I still remember when I drove with a few friends through some cities and as soon as someone came near us, they would start lagging like crazy due to the high number of duplicates on each truck. One save edited truck with a very high number of duplicates was enough to make your game laggy including freezing your game. Limitations were needed to ensure that everyone is able to play the game without having to fear save edited trucks ruining their frames or gameplay. 

alot of people who do save edit dont make them look ugly. they tend to take more time to create somthing beautiful. But now its very limited

The issue is not the modification being ugly, more like being unrealistic. Floating bars, cows and similar are not realistic at all.

Since we've seen a lot of negative feedback regarding the latest save editing changes, we will be looking into a compromise among the game management as stated here. Punishing the entire save editing community just because of people constantly looking for loopholes, pushing their trucks to the limit and violating the rules over and over is rather counter-productive. For those of you that want to know whether your current setup or specific modifications are allowed, the following guide pretty much explains everything: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/780

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

38 minutes ago, weezy said:

I used to save edit like crazy back where save editing was fully allowed, like in early 2018. The one lane rural road between the cities Calais and Duisburg were full of save edited trucks. If you had a good-looking truck, then you had people messaging you non-stop asking how you've done that. I'm going to reply to a few points that a few people raised up here. I won't be able to reply to everyone though.

Feedback or Forums, both options are available. I can assure you that the game management looks for feedback, constructive criticism and complaints from the community regarding changes that were implemented previously. There's always something that can be improved or even changed. We welcome all user feedback as this provides us with valuable insight into our services from the user’s perspective and can inform service improvement, as it has done in this case.

Want to make a suggestion? Let me show you an example on how it's done:

1. You start off by focusing on the save editing changes — what you like about the changes and so on.
  2. Then, you provide the criticism — things you don’t like about the changes, the areas of improvement.
  3. In the end, you round off the suggestion with (a) a reiteration of the positive comments you gave at the start and (b) the positive results that can be expected if the suggestion is acted upon.

Be specific with your suggestion. Say you’re giving feedback on a rule change:

• Vague: I don't like the recent save editing changes, they're awful. I'm quitting and leaving the game entirely!
    • This suggestion is hardly constructive. No suggestions included or anything that could be changed.
  • Specific: Great changes! However, due to the recent save editing changes that were implemented we're now very limited and unable to re-create IRL trucks but there are some things which can be improved and changed – namely, (a) the maximum number of duplicates and (b) allowing specific trailer swaps.
    • Great suggestion that is specific. It tells us the key problem that came with the latest change.

That’s not to say that vague suggestions are stupid or bad. It’s just that specific suggestions helps us understand the user’s needs more easily. For example, just saying “I don't like the changes, they're stupid!” is not helpful. On the other hand, stating the specific things you do not like, is helpful. My final tip for giving constructive suggestions is not to make assumptions. When providing criticism, do so within what you know as fact about the subject, in this case, save editing.

If we set no limits, then it will be abused to the absolute limit. Modifications that were made back in early-mid 2018 would kill your frames or drop it to a number where you'd be unable to drive properly. I still remember when I drove with a few friends through some cities and as soon as someone came near us, they would start lagging like crazy due to the high number of duplicates on each truck. One save edited truck with a very high number of duplicates was enough to make your game laggy including freezing your game. Limitations were needed to ensure that everyone is able to play the game without having to fear save edited trucks ruining their frames or gameplay. 

The issue is not the modification being ugly, more like being unrealistic. Floating bars, cows and similar are not realistic at all.

Since we've seen a lot of negative feedback regarding the latest save editing changes, we will be looking into a compromise among the game management as stated here. Punishing the entire save editing community just because of people constantly looking for loopholes, pushing their trucks to the limit and violating the rules over and over is rather counter-productive. For those of you that want to know whether your current setup or specific modifications are allowed, the following guide pretty much explains everything: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/780

Thank you very much for the link, that explains the rules in detail! Now I'm calm, that I can have a nice truck as I imagine. ??

https://imgur.com/8AbYuSE Mine is the white one. ?

Have a nice day! ?

J8mjUZp.png          TMP FORUM Kondor.png          k81KWvs.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Firstly, thank you for creating a thread on our forum. Sadly, it has been 14 days since the last reply.

For the reason stated above, I must lock and archive this thread to keep our forums organized.

Kind Regards,
Chev
Community Moderator

//Locked and Archived.

Have a question? Feel free to message me.

Feedback | Rules | Support | News | Meet the Team

Archived