New save editing rules

LordBenji

Save editing  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the new rules for save editing?

• I agree completely / It doesn't affect me
    • I am disappointed, but I will accept it and move on
    • I disagree, and I want the rules to be revisited
    • I completely disagree and will not play TruckersMP anymore

As some people might already know, there has been some changes in the save editing rules. Things like mixed trailer types on doubles (eg: gooseneck in front with box in rear), and having more than one duplicated accessory aren't allowed anymore. I know the official way of giving your opinion would be through feedback, which I already did. But I want to know who on the forum disagree (even if it's just partially) with these changes for save editing. The vote is anonymous. It also doesn't reflect the entire TruckersMP community as not everyone browse the forum.

Spoiler

Here's a few pictures of trailers I've had

6abTFjn.jpg

88O2V8Z.jpg

KSFpiAT.jpg

Z920dqz.jpg

Not as bad as some other trailers I've seen...

KkdaC1b.png

I want to flying cows and hole in the truck :troll:

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

I'm very disapointed..

I'll be honnest, the only reason I play TMP is because of the save edited trailers. (yes this might sound stupid, but we all have different reasons why we play MP, so this happened to be mine)

I made a few custom ones myself, and those are the only ones I drive around. Period. (alot of freeroaming around the map).

Now the rules have changed, I don't see myself playing alot anymore..

Well, back to full time singleplayer ig.

Btw, is there any obvious reason as of why these kind of trailers are being banned now? I fail to see why TMP suddenly feels the need to restrict them.

2 hours ago, DubbelDraaiDeur said:

Btw, is there any obvious reason as of why these kind of trailers are being banned now? I fail to see why TMP suddenly feels the need to restrict them.

I think we have to ask, with moving more towards the simulation experience, are these trailer combinations something we see irl? And what impact does save editing have on other players within the server, if any.

Personally I've never save edited and most likely never will, but I will miss these different combos drive past me. 

@5tarcomm i do understand your point here. Personaly, I'm a hardcore simulation player, drive always by the rules, speed limits,... so also my save edited trailers are as realistic as possible. Not every save edited double trailer combination is unrealistic IRL.(Does it really have to be 100% realistic anyways? If so, I think TMP has other prioritys on making the MP experience more realistic)

On the other hand, lately, I see alot of weird trailer combinations pop up on mod sites like ets2.lt (and some of them are indeed ludacris). Theres even a dude that made a mod with a flatbed, dolly, special transport combination. Like comon, what are you snorting? ? 

anyways, I hope I can get an official anwser on this, as I think the ban is absurd..

to give you an example on a realistic custom save edited combination from my personal fleet: a normal flatbed with schwarzmüller as second trailer.

Edit: about the the impact save edit might have on other players, personally I never encountered issues with mine or others trailers. So idk, and I'm not gonna judge as I lack the knowlegde

I know that not everyone knows how to save edit (or ever will), it can be complex in certain cases... But yeah save editing opens the door to new possibilities. It fills the gaps left by SCS. Back then, we didn't have owned trailers, but with save editing, we could save custom trailers on your profile, and change the color on some of them. At some point, I was using small lights along with other grill accessories, because it looks nice, and there's some trucks in real life that does it as well. There's some ways to do it without abusing it, it can't be as bad as those people who fill their trucks with strobes and beacons can it? So yeah, limiting to one duplicated item is absurd, since certain save edits can't be worse, performance wise, as certain default edits. I have nothing against putting limits to save editing, but yeah now I think TruckersMP pushed it a little too far in my opinion.

And no I'm not going to rely on local mods like suggested by Forerunner, then what's the point if you can't show off your creations (other than taking screenshots)?

KkdaC1b.png

I will definitely miss this. This too is most of the reason I play and explore what I can and can't add. I can see where they are coming from but I seen no harm done.. 

It's not a nice feeling having a drastic rule change like this reduce my fleet of vehicles from 50, all the way down to 2. My cherished Scania, which I've had since I first started playing TMP and has well over 100,000km on the clock is now completely unusable cause I did a Dutch style Light system on the bottom grille. My pride and joy, absolutely destroyed. Thanks TMP! Looks like I'm strictly sticking to SP from now on

I understand they want to make it more of a simulation but they decided to blow it out of proportion, For example alot of people who do save edit dont make them look ugly. they tend to take more time to create somthing beautiful. But now its very limited. As well as mixed trailers i agree that a yacht and a log trailer dont look exactly eye pleasing but some combos look very good. It's just annoying now it's alot more limited and now local and alot harder to do anything to your truck.

12 hours ago, KingModzv11 said:

Personally I've never like save edited and most likely never will, but i would like to see ingame trailers combos from real-life would be cool to see on ats and ets.

I agree here, the dual combo trailers (if realistic) are cool. So for example logs and planks, however then it is very hard to make rules black and white.

Archived