Ets2/ATS cannot access steam client

Agent 14

Question

11 answers to this question

thanks for all the help provided and possible solutions and your time guys I really appreciate it

finally i solved this error by going to steam folder and deleted every thing except

-steamapps

-steam.exe

after that i just double clicked steam.exe and it updated the whole thing as fresh installation

i just logged in my account and game worked like charm!

this is how i fixed this problem it may now be closed and moved to solved section

thanks you all have a nice day/night

peace.

Hello!

• Please start ETS2 normally via Steam in the single player and see if the same error occurs.
  • Verify the game files in Steam
    • Open your Steam libary and search for Euro Truck Simulator 2

• Right click it and select "Properties"

• Now select the "Local Files" Tab and press "Verify integrity of game files"

• Also make sure that if you have multiple hard drives, you have selected the correct one.

With kind regards

Lukas

• HaulieLove 1

Hello :) 

Try these:

Solution 1:

1. First thing you want to make sure you did is to first run your Steam before you run TMP Launcher. If your steam is not running while you try to open TMP, you will be redirected to Single Player, so you have to firstly open Steam to make sure you enter MP.
2. Run TMP Launcher program as Administrator. You can do that by right clicking on Launcher and then below you will find "Run as Administrator"
3. Verify integrity of game files. Follow these steps to do it:
- Open your Steam Library
- Find ETS2 and right click on it and click "Properties"
- When you do it, one of the tabs should be called "Local Files" , it is located between "Updates" and "Betas"
- After you have done it, you will have 5 options to choose from. Click on "Verify integrity of game files" and wait until it is done.

Solution 2:

Go to your Steam Library.

Click on your ETS2 game and play.

Select "Launch with OpenGL 64bit".

Drive a short distance and exit your game.

Open TruckersMP in adminstrator mode then login in ETS2:MP

• HaulieLove 1

18 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Try these:

Solution 1:

1. First thing you want to make sure you did is to first run your Steam before you run TMP Launcher. If your steam is not running while you try to open TMP, you will be redirected to Single Player, so you have to firstly open Steam to make sure you enter MP.
2. Run TMP Launcher program as Administrator. You can do that by right clicking on Launcher and then below you will find "Run as Administrator"
3. Verify integrity of game files. Follow these steps to do it:
- Open your Steam Library
- Find ETS2 and right click on it and click "Properties"
- When you do it, one of the tabs should be called "Local Files" , it is located between "Updates" and "Betas"
- After you have done it, you will have 5 options to choose from. Click on "Verify integrity of game files" and wait until it is done.

Solution 2:

Go to your Steam Library.

Click on your ETS2 game and play.

Select "Launch with OpenGL 64bit".

Drive a short distance and exit your game.

Open TruckersMP in adminstrator mode then login in ETS2:MP

21 hours ago, Lukassrs said:

Hello!

• Please start ETS2 normally via Steam in the single player and see if the same error occurs.
  • Verify the game files in Steam
    • Open your Steam libary and search for Euro Truck Simulator 2

• Right click it and select "Properties"

• Now select the "Local Files" Tab and press "Verify integrity of game files"

• Also make sure that if you have multiple hard drives, you have selected the correct one.

With kind regards

Lukas

First many thanks for your reply but unfortunately none of these help i can't launch the game even offline mode I have tried to uninstall and reinstall still same error "... cannot access steam client" i even tried the steam support they gave me poor answer ?  and other games works fine

Hello Agent 14,

try this solution:

Right click your ETS 2 Desktop icon, if you have one, click "Properties", then click the Compatibility tab, and make sure the box "Run as Administrator" is unchecked. You can also go to "\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86" and do the same process as above for the eurotrucks2 application file.

I believe this will help you out. :) 

Try this

Solution 1:

• Make sure if you have multiple drives that you have set up steam to have it store games in that disk.
  • Running launching ETS2 normally and see if it does the same error

Solution 2:

Make sure you have the version NONE - Opt out of all beta programs 

Follow this:

1. Open Steam

2. Right click on "Euro Truck Simulator 2" 

3. Click "properties" 

4. Click BETA tab and choose "NONE - Opt out of betas"

You can see these photos: 

spacer.png

23 hours ago, QF_Giulia said:

Hello Agent 14,

try this solution:

Right click your ETS 2 Desktop icon, if you have one, click "Properties", then click the Compatibility tab, and make sure the box "Run as Administrator" is unchecked. You can also go to "\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86" and do the same process as above for the eurotrucks2 application file.

I believe this will help you out. :) 

21 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Try this

Solution 1:

• Make sure if you have multiple drives that you have set up steam to have it store games in that disk.
  • Running launching ETS2 normally and see if it does the same error

Solution 2:

Make sure you have the version NONE - Opt out of all beta programs 

Follow this:

1. Open Steam

2. Right click on "Euro Truck Simulator 2" 

3. Click "properties" 

4. Click BETA tab and choose "NONE - Opt out of betas"

You can see these photos: 

spacer.png

the game is NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

and always up to date

same as ATS and both have the same error "cannot access steam client "

i have tried the compatibility all unchecked for both games still same error

I have tried to uninstall games and re install still same error and what confuses me is all steam games works great

only ETS2 / ATS cannot access steam client !!!!!

- when i reinstalled the ETS2  i saw something suspicious about the DLCs install dates 01/01/1970

and i think maybe steam have wrong date what makes it unable to connect to client !! but only for those both games !!!

I really don't know how that happened or how to fix it as my other games works perfectly fine !!

Thanks for your help and time I really appreciate it

2.JPG

2 hours ago, Agent 14 said:

I have tried to uninstall games and re install still same error

Can you reinstall ETS2 on another disk in your computer?

There was something wrong when all your DLCs was installed in 1970

spacer.png

Did you try to check that your computer is up to date?

Also try to link your games and DLCs here: https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings

23 hours ago, [ETS2MCG] Kien Giang said:

Can you reinstall ETS2 on another disk in your computer?

There was something wrong when all your DLCs was installed in 1970

spacer.png

Did you try to check that your computer is up to date?

Also try to link your games and DLCs here: https://truckersmp.com/profile/settings

i will try reinstall in other drive and I hope it will work

and yeah my pc is up to date always also my dlcs are synced in settings but that install dates is definitely the problem because the error is between game and steam somewhere ... 

Hello @Agent 14

We are glad to hear that you have solved the error that you were facing with your ETS2/ATS.

Thank you to everyone who has helped out with this issue.

If you require more assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to create another topic or a Support Ticket.

Kind Regards,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP - Trial Support 

//locked and moved to Solved Topics.

• HaulieLove 1

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!