Jump to content
marco6158

Road to Simulation #3

Recommended Posts

People in the comments are saying this is a negative change? This would help people who actually want to play and enjoy the simulation game. It is called “Euro Truck Simulator” not “Euro Racing Simulator.”

  • Like 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know you're adding more of a reason to happily abandon TruckersMP on the launch of any other mod.

 

Making the save editing rules regarding duplicates unfortunately limited.

I understand banning lots of horns. I understand banning excessive amounts of lights and beacons.

But limiting it to one duplicate per vehicle, simply doesn't make sense.

 

The ironic part is, you're just going to have an increase in the amount of reports from this. Reasonable save edits which wouldn't cause any issues, are now going to be a bannable offense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Aborjin

In my opinion, 1 month ban should be increased to 2 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like where this is going, first the speed limit, now this, I have big hopes for the future ! Keep it going !   Thanks for your work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must express my sincere thanks to the TruckersMP team for the continuation of the already successful  "Road to Simulation".
I welcome the updated in-game rules and the harsher punishment system, as I believe that these changes will make players deal more thoroughly with traffic laws and road signage. As a consequence that will reduce the amount of incidents and improve our all game experience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Reaper . said:

You're literally trying to make it look worse than it is. The nonsense you're talking is ridiculus, "having +35 duplications" cant get anymore idiotic than that. The max limit with the old rules was 10 dupes per truck. It was more than enough to recreate real life trucks. And even in real life there are enough allowed parts/setups both for the roof or bottom bars, etc. If you would've ever noticed the trucks drivien by the saveedit community you would realise that we did exactly the opposite of what you're trying to tell us. The unrealistic things in TMP are the people that color their truck in any neon color and have the whole front filled with Lights. With saveedit we tried to get away from the standard christmas trees daily driven on C-D or anywhere else on the map and furthermore those edits didnt even affect any players... they just blessed them with something else than "HIDDEN WORD BY STAFF" all over the place.

You're really a genius for trying to play the "HIDDEN WORD BY STAFF" about stuff you didn't even look at. Congrats man

 

 

You got it, the Problem were the Save Edits which get out of Control. Thats the Reason why i maked this "Excessive" Posting. Players who created Trucks which were within the Rules and mostly plausible, wouldn´t have any Problems with the Game Moderators. Unfortunately it is like in other Game or in Reality, a few Players didn´t think about the things that they doing and all must suffer for it.

And thats it what happen here, they gave a *censored* about the Rules and do what they want. The Result were heavy Performance Drops for all of us! 

TruckersMP is not Single Player Game were you can do whatever you want, it is a Multiplayer Game where you have to take care for other Players/ The Community. Rules are a must and Rule Changes are a Reaction to the Peoples Misbehaviour, even if there are just a few who didn´t obey them.

I have no Problem with the Save Editing Changes, there are enough Options left to create your own Unique Look. Thats the Challenge! ;)

 

 

EDIT: And who knows, maybe Some Day, the Player will make it to respect each other + the Rules and suddenly we having AI Traffic in Multiplayer toowhile the Players Exploring the whole Map!  That is my Dream. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like i have said before on road to Simulation 1, TMP is full throttle on that down hill slope in becoming the worst mod it can be.

 

At first I didn't agree with things in "Road to Simulation 1" but we were forced to get used to it, which most of us did...

 

Doing Jobs day in day out, and convoy alone just gets boring, sometimes you just need to go and have bit of fun drive down c-d road and have people crash into each other and get sent flying, or bump you trying to overtake. The result of these rule changes is starting to make the word "FUN" become impossible to find in TMP.

 

These new rule changes are getting worse and worse, and I do hope TMP will realise this sooner rather than later, when this come back to bite them, because at the end of the day they are gonna loose more than half their player base if this is the "road" they continue on. There will be no idiots, what so ever and it will just make the mod very very boring.

 

I aint a player that save edits alot, but I have a lot of friends that do, so I can understand how they feel about this new rule change,They are removing the Ability for people to Use there "imagination"  to make their trucks their own. I Agree these rules are stupid.

 

1 hour ago, Opa Knicknack said:

 

 

You got it, the Problem were the Save Edits which get out of Control. Thats the Reason why i maked this "Excessive" Posting. Players who created Trucks which were within the Rules and mostly plausible, wouldn´t have any Problems with the Game Moderators. Unfortunately it is like in other Game or in Reality, a few Players didn´t think about the things that they doing and all must suffer for it.

And thats it what happen here, they gave a *censored* about the Rules and do what they want. The Result were heavy Performance Drops for all of us! 

TruckersMP is not Single Player Game were you can do whatever you want, it is a Multiplayer Game where you have to take care for other Players/ The Community. Rules are a must and Rule Changes are a Reaction to the Peoples Misbehaviour, even if there are just a few who didn´t obey them.

I have no Problem with the Save Editing Changes, there are enough Options left to create your own Unique Look. Thats the Challenge! ;)

 

 

EDIT: And who knows, maybe Some Day, the Player will make it to respect each other + the Rules and suddenly we having AI Traffic in Multiplayer toowhile the Players Exploring the whole Map!  That is my Dream. :)

 

Also @Opa Knicknack I have no idea what the hell your vision is for TMP, but my god it isnt a fun one....

 

1 hour ago, Opa Knicknack said:

I have no Problem with the Save Editing Changes, there are enough Options left to create your own Unique Look. Thats the Challenge!

Oh and i suggest you put yourself in other peoples shoes, and consider how they are gonna be effected by this change.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest BenderCG

Time to move over when the new mp comes out the rules are getting worse by the day next year its not allowed anymore to have fun in this game

 

To be honest you are destroying the game 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so ridiculous these new rules
"We now do not allow users to mix different trailer types in doubles and triples." why this rule? how are people bothered by this?


when a child wants to crash in a player, you think that he will worry about the number of times he can do it before being banned permanently

 

regardless of the opinion of the players
welcome to euro truck simulator euro dictatorship simulator

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • True Story 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shaaka said:

welcome to euro truck simulator euro dictatorship simulator

Indeed this is what it looks like is happening with TMP.

 

Also You say You want a simulation, may i Emphasise that both games have the word "Truck" in them, Euro Truck Simulator 2-American Truck Simulator. Yet You still let people use cars.

You wanna make TMP a simulation, remove the ability to drive cars then, cause no matter how much you change the rules and make people angry, You are keeping the one thing that doesn't make TMP a simulation Trucking game.

  • Confused 1
  • True Story 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Opa Knicknack said:

 

 

Well, around 3.3 Million Accounts *5% = 165.000 Players who want to play TruckersMP as a Simulator Game. I would say thats not bad. I wait for day when 165k players joining the servers! ;)

 

Well, I see online players 7000 only, where's the 150k or 3m? XD

so 5*% = 350 lol I think that's not bad number... yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another “good” update. In the Road to Simulation #4 you will just block all save editing?!
I am not against tightening the rules for traffic, but forbidding people to express themselves in tuning - it is not the road to simulation. (And don't say that a pair of accessories in a slot causes more lags than a player who sets all accessories to all available slots without save editing)


Thanks, but I can play on "default game" in singleplayer.

  • Haha 1
  • True Story 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheHighFiveMike said:

People in the comments are saying this is a negative change? This would help people who actually want to play and enjoy the simulation game. It is called “Euro Truck Simulator” not “Euro Racing Simulator.”

It's not just the Reckless Driving rules people are complaining about.

If you have any knowledge about save editing, TruckersMP changed the rules about save editing, making it illegal to have more than 1 dupliation.
Duplication is used for making nice roofbar combinations and stuff like that, to recreate reallife trucks etc., and with the old rules save editors had plenty of opportunity to make what they wanted.
Now, with only one allowed duplication, it's impossible to make certain trucks. Save editing can in some cases affect other players (if abused), but if you didn't have more than 10 dupes no one could tell.
SCS has made it possible to fill a whole Scania frontgrill up with LEDS and lights from top to buttom, which is allowed. Why is it not allowed to have nice looking trucks with less lightning made with more than 1 duplication when you can make christmas tress by default?
That is probably why the majority of the save editing community members are complaining. It makes no sense. 

  • True Story 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jiuras said:

It's not just the Reckless Driving rules people are complaining about.

If you have any knowledge about save editing, TruckersMP changed the rules about save editing, making it illegal to have more than 1 dupliation.
Duplication is used for making nice roofbar combinations and stuff like that, to recreate reallife trucks etc., and with the old rules save editors had plenty of opportunity to make what they wanted.
Now, with only one allowed duplication, it's impossible to make certain trucks. Save editing can in some cases affect other players (if abused), but if you didn't have more than 10 dupes no one could tell.
SCS has made it possible to fill a whole Scania frontgrill up with LEDS and lights from top to buttom, which is allowed. Why is it not allowed to have nice looking trucks with less lightning made with more than 1 duplication when you can make christmas tress by default?
That is probably why the majority of the save editing community members are complaining. It makes no sense. 

I was addressing reckless driving and the ban changes, but I do see where you are coming from. I have never been interested in save editing, so this rule does not affect me. I am guessing that players abused save editing and this was the reason for these changes. Since the save editing community is quite large, it would be difficult to go around banning people who excessively save edit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheHighFiveMike said:

I was addressing reckless driving and the ban changes, but I do see where you are coming from. I have never been interested in save editing, so this rule does not affect me. I am guessing that players abused save editing and this was the reason for these changes. Since the save editing community is quite large, it would be difficult to go around banning people who excessively save edit.

The problem is that it was just a little part of the majority that abused it. If you get caught with having inappropriate save editing, you will recieve a permanent ban until you remove it, which is completely fine in my opinion.
SCS haven't made it easy for us 'Dutch Style' fans etc, but with save editing we could achieve that rather easily without affecting anyone.

Also regarding your point about TMP banning people with excessively save edit, it's very easy to spot an illegal truck. From what i have experienced there is only a little part of the majority (save editors) that have illegal trucks which actually affect people.

Whops, didn't see what you commented on. Anyway, now you understand why we got this negative mindset against the new rules 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jiuras said:

The problem is that it was just a little part of the majority that abused it. If you get caught with having inappropriate save editing, you will recieve a permanent ban until you remove it, which is completely fine in my opinion.
SCS haven't made it easy for us 'Dutch Style' fans etc, but with save editing we could achieve that rather easily without affecting anyone.

Also regarding your point about TMP banning people with excessively save edit, it's very easy to spot an illegal truck. From what i have experienced there is only a little part of the majority (save editors) that have illegal trucks which actually affect people.

Whops, didn't see what you commented on. Anyway, now you understand why we got this negative mindset against the new rules 🙂

Like I stated in my previous comment, I guessed excessive save editing was the issue. For TruckersMP to make this major change, it must of put a negative impact on the mod. As I am not part of the save editing community, people may disagree with what I say. Thank you :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...